“Fun place!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had stayed at the Cosmo last year so we decided to go back when they sent us a coupon for two free nights. The line for check-in went quickly (ultra-modern lobby with floor-to-ceiling video pillars... way cool but the music was too loud) and the receptionist friendly. We decided to upgrade to a balcony room on a higher floor with a fantastic view of the Bellagio fountains and beyond- just a fantastic room! not much to say otherwise- the casino is bustling, it seems the folks dressed up here more which was nice, the buffet was huge and filling and all the staff had a smile.
We had received another two-night-free offer and were going to stay there over July 5 & 6 but after been on hold for 25+ minutes I was told that they did not have any availability so we ended up booking a room at the Wynn where we have not stayed before.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

There are so many hotels to choose from on the Strip. On a recent trip to Las Vegas, my husband and I chose the Cosmopolitan because it was centrally located and had previously tried The Palazzo and Venetian. This hotel did not disappoint but there were a few hiccups!
First of all the lobby is sleek and modern. It is nice not to have too walk through the casino to find the check in. However, once at check in you will almost always find a line. They do have it organized with signs for check-in and check-out but the lobby is busy, loud and congested at times. We were there at the tail end of Spring Break. The guests seemed young compared to the other hotels on the strip. This was also noted at the pools. I think I spotted one child during the 4 days we were there. I didn't get the feel that this was a "family place". If you are young and like clubbing, or going with a group of couples, this place is for you. It had an upbeat, party atmosphere but classy at the same time. Our room was on a higher floor with a super great view of the Bellagio fountains and Strip. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony every night with our glass of wine. The room was very large with two bathrooms, sitting room and very comfortable bed. One of the bathrooms had burned out lights which took maintenance two days to fix after we called to inform them. They did discount our room for the inconvenience. The elevators were fairly fast on the weekdays but the weekends, they did take longer because of the crowds.
There are many nice choice restaurants and shops on the 2nd floor. I needed a dress steamed for an event one night. (The concierge told me to try on of the boutiques, which I did and it ended up being a good tip) They did it for free. I was impressed. If I would have used the hotel service, I would have been charged and it would have taken 24 hours.
There is also a mall connected to this hotel. The stores are all upper class, Prada, Gucci etc...but it is fun to window shop. What we liked the best about this hotel is that in either direction, you can walk to most of the popular casino hotels and it isn't that far. You still do a lot of walking but the Cosmopolitan is certainly centrally located with all types of amenities around. We would definitely try this hotel again, but there are so many to try and that is what makes Las Vegas so fun!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views. Ask for a fountain view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been to Las Vegas several times and this is by far the nicest place I have ever stayed. The nicest rooms, the best service, and the best amenities of any place on the strip. I would be hard pressed to find a better resort/casino in LV and this includes the likes of Bellagio, Aria, Pallazzo etc. Do yourself a favor and book The Cosmo.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a balcony for that quiet drink before hitting The Strip!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We chose this hotel on recommendations from friends who had stayed here previously, I had originally booked a standard suite, but upon checkin we were offered an upgrade to a wraparound suite, we had originally requested fountain views and Jake at reception told us our room would not be ready straight away, but he gave us a $50 drinks voucher, for the wait, we had just driven in from LA after a very long flight from Australia. Before we even had a chance to order our first round, Jake found us and told us that our room was ready, we went up shortly after, and to say we were blown away was an understatement. Everything was top quality, we had awesome views of the fountains and the Marquee pool. Our room was serviced everyday.
We didn't spend much time at the pool, only a few hours one day, but we didn't go to Vegas to spend our days at the pool. The gym was fantastic, very impressive for a hotel gym, we dined at a few of the hotel restaurants, first night at the italian restaurant D.O.C.G. upon arrival, the service we received from the hostess, was pretty ordinary, but we realised that you get this everywhere in Vegas, the service we got from Travis & the staff during dinner was incredible, and the food was fantastic, with the boys offering us great recommendations. We found the hidden little pizza place, great, everything I expected of a typical American Pizza place. The day spa was wonderful, being able to go back during the day to use the jacuzzi was lovely.
The Marquee club was very noisy during the day and night, however it never actually kept us up, the valet service was great and our car was always delivered very promptly.
On our first day we did have an issue with our safe, and security came up to fix it, however after he left the battery went flat, as we were a bit exhausted we waited till the next day to get it fixed, there was a bit of miscommunication, between the different departments, however I would like to commend the security team on their professionalism. All in all, it was a great start to our holiday in America

Room Tip: The wrap around suites are amazing!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I had a room with a balcony facing the Bellagio fountains in the West (quieter) tower. This is a beautiful hotel with beautiful rooms. The room felt classy and luxurious. It was the perfect size for a couple with a nice open plan. We used our balcony a lot....worth the extra for the balcony and view.

We really enjoyed the Wicked Spoon buffet for brunch....save room for dessert. The desserts were some of the best I've ever had...and I found them at a buffet!

We had to check out Marquee since we were there. I prefer "dance" music and found it too techno at the main dance floor on the Friday night we went. Just a tip....closed toed shoes for men and ID (for everyone....even those in their 40s) required. Drinks are pricy, too.

Went to both pools. I preferred the bamboo pool. We went down around 4pm each day and had no problem finding a couple of loungers poolside. Drinks were expensive but there were two bars and poolside wait service. Food is available, too.

Tried Milos for lunch. We sat on the patio....beautiful. Service was very good. Appetizer (3 dips) was the best of its kind I've had. The bass was good....just beware it's full of bones.

Hidden Pizza place was pretty good...the cheese pizza was the best (I tried 3 kinds) and very fresh. It's not too hard to find.....third floor down a hallway between two other restaurants. Cash only.

Service at the hotel was very good. The maid service was perfect....and well timed (late morning). Check in and concierge services were very good. Special thanks to Ichabod at the Platinum desk. When its time to leave...you're guided to a cab efficiently, luggage loaded in the cab and the cabbie instructed where to take you....slick. Hope to come back one day.

Tips outside the hotel:

Walgreens across the street (take 2nd level walkway) has everything....sugar free Red Bull...all kinds of alcohol....some premade salads and sandwiches and.....3 for $5 bottles of Californian wine (a glass of wine each)!

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is above the Walgreen's and has a balcony facing the strip. It was the first time I'd eaten there. It was VERY good (maybe not "figure friendly") and reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Lovely hotel , we had a wraparound balcony suite and it was lovely views one side Bellagio and the the other side the strip, we also had a washing machine and tumble drier, we had a full kitchenette but no crockery/pots and pans etc also dishwasher .
There was 17 of us staying at the Hotel for a 50th birthday we bought champagne and then advised that we could only have 4 champagne glasses, we then asked for 13 more glasses and were charged 1dollar for each one
When I rang the reception to ask how much our mini bar charges were they read out a list of items,
I advised that we did not have all the items they were charging for and they amended the bill, when we spoke to the others in our party they all had items on their mini bar bill that they did not have, so just check all mini bar bills
There is not enough sun beds, but there is always the ones that can be paid for very expensive though 3000dollars for a cabana but the rate does go up and down
I would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

After reading the reviews of having to be "hip", I wasn't sure about my husband and I in our early 40's staying here, yet wanted to try it out as I visited it and loved the decor!

We came to Vegas to see the shows New Order and Vampire Weekend in April, both at the Blvd pool at the hotel, so we thought we should stay there! Standing in line at checkin, I realized that it was all different ages. I did not feel out of place.

I would say when the "hip" crowd is there is when they go to the club there, and I really don't think most of them are actually staying at the hotel.

Our room was big, clean, very comfortable bed/sheets. I loved the little touches with the jacuzzi tub having a window to the bedroom, awesome bathroom, sitting area in the living room. A bench near the closet/mirrors as we laid our stuff out to get ready. We were on the 55th floor and I only saw one other group one time getting on the elevators, could not tell anyone was near us. At night when we'd sit out late at night to take in the warm air and the Vegas view, if there were neighbors we would have seen/heard them, but this was not the case. The room had a small dishwasher, microwave, and small sink. But, it didn't have a fridge, just the mini bar...and I was always afraid to accidentally move those bottles for fear of the room charge!

Service: Very friendly! I encountered a Ticketmaster ticket issue and we were about to go to the business center to print an email, but decided to check the ticket center and they printed our tickets in no time. We used the concierge one time for tickets, she was super friendly/helpful.

We never really sat at a bar, but did get drinks here and there.

We paid the resort fee, but we never did sit out at the pool! I think because we saw 2 concerts out there, we didn't feel like we needed to be out there, but now think we shouldn't have paid that fee.

There is a small grocery store for getting waters, snacks, coconut water. A wonderful coffee shop.

One plus that I noticed from other hotels, you did not have someone in the lobby stopping you trying to push shows on you.

Gambling: We never saw Blackjack under $25! The slots were ok, we did end up at a roulette table on our last night for $25 as well. But, started with $100 and worked it way up and walked away with my $100 for an hour. It was fun.

We did eat at a few restaurants:

STK. Good food, but unbelievably expensive for what you got. I got a crab salad and in the NW you'd get lots of greens and seafood....it was gourmet with chunks of crab wrapped in something, almost looked like a large appetizer for 1? We got bread with this yummy blue cheese butter. When I was done with my meal a guy came by and asked if we wanted more bread: YES!

Wicked Spoon: Dinner: SO good!! Since it's not with all the other restaurants in one tower, it's kind of out of site, out of mind. But, when we were trying to pick a place, we walked all the way down there to check it out, got in so easy and the food is amazing!! They have small portions for much of it, so you could try a little of everything....same with the desserts! Breakfast: They had out a lot of what they had for dinner, but also breakfasty type of stuff...and the yummy desserts!

Room Service: We put out our order the night before, even after the time they say, and our food came right on time! It was yummy. I read reviews about people waiting 45 minutes type of thing....they have to cook the food and bring it up!! I would think that would be standard. Anyway, had no trouble with this.

Boulevard Pool concert: If you're coming for a concert. SO FUN! You are outside, so dress on what you'd wear outside. It was about 70 at night and felt so great. You literally stand in an empty pool. We joked that it felt like we were at a rich friend's house.

MY ONE COMPLAINT: Alright, I can be a light sleeper. Normally if I slept in to 9:00 am on a given day that would be a dream. In Vegas when you are up until 3 or 4, you kind of want to sleep a bit longer. So, the first morning I wake to 9:00 am to the Bellagio clock tower FOUNTAINS HAVE STARTED!!! I may as well have woken to an alarm and couldn't go back to sleep. This happened all 3 days!! Also, we were never in our room at night when the fountains were on. We were there in the day, then back super late, so we never got to see them at night. If I get to stay at the Cosmo again, I will stay in the other tower.

In summary, my normal Nordstrom clothes fit in just fine at the hotel, and never felt out of place. At the Wicked Spoon there were several kids too.

My Vegas tip: If you read about the Mandarin Bar and get a chance to head over there, GO!! We went one night after midnight. First, a trip to walk into the hotel and have no lobby. You go up to I think the 23rd floor? When you get off here is where the checkin is and the bar/restaurant. I think going late was the best thing. We got a window seat overlooking the strip. When I say overlooking, it kind of takes your breath away. We sat down and just were in awe!!! We ordered this refreshing coconut drink and they brought these yummy nuts. Oh, the moment we had in these comfy chairs!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!