“Really can't understand why this isn't number 1!” 5 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Ranked #30 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Really can't understand why this isn't number 1!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in the perfect location & much nicer than any other hotel we visited on the strip. The service is fast, friendly & faultless & the food at Wicked Spoon, The Overlook Grill & Holsteins is world class. We were upgraded FOC to a one bedroom fountain view suite with a Japanese soaking tub which was amazing to relax in together with a beer watching the fountains after a long day walking up & down the strip. The room was amazing & the bed was possibly the comfiest one I have ever slept in. All staff were very helpful & gave some great recommendations of bars, clubs & restaurants. The only regret I have with our trip last September is that we hadn't booked for longer & that we had spent more time around the gorgeous pools. Book it now & go & enjoy!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,248)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I loved every single minute of my stay here, the people were incredibly helpful, the rooms were stunning, the restaurants and bars impressive. What an experience! I felt a million dollars :-)))

From the moment I checked in to the moment I went back into the cab heading for the airport, it was a next to perfect experience!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
birmingham uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed in room 5095 in the east tower in one bed terrace with lake view.the room was large and comfortable had a kitchen with no knives forks cups dishes nothing at all.Dishwasher??? and fridge that was full of drinks and if you moved anything it was charged to your room.The bath room was lovely with deep tub overlooking the strip.The balcony was the best feature overlooking
the fountains and the strip.Overall loved the room & hotel, couple of minus points when we rolled down the blinds they were so dusty looked like they had'nt been cleaned for a long time,and that
the fridge had no room to put anything.But apart from that loved it.

Room Tip: high floor east tower
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were at The Cosmopolitan for 6 nights and had a thoroughly excellent stay. This was due, in no small part, to the the helpful reviews on Trip Advisor; particularly the negative ones that raised valid issues. For instance, after reading all of the complaints about no coffee machines in the rooms, we brought our own French press, grinder, and beans, so we could enjoy our extraordinary view of the Bellagio fountains and the strip to the north from our patio while sipping coffee that was far better than what you typically get in your room. Also important is the no resort fee vs. nickel and diming for things like access to the gym debate. If you use the gym, wireless internet, etc... every day, you might be better off at a five star that includes this $25/day fee rather than the pay as you go plan at the Cosmo. If, however, you plan to go without these amenities while in Vegas, then this hotel is a great deal.

With respect to room choice, I highly recommend a one bedroom terrace with fountain view (or better). It comes with a Japanese soaking tub that has the same excellent view of the fountain. Some complained that the bath was too deep and therefore uncomfortable. It's true, that it's deep, so you can soak up to your neck, but it also has two seats so one person can stretch their legs across both (diagonally) and lounge quite comfortably, or two people can sit (also comfortably) and enjoy the view of the strip. I'm normally not a bath person, but I soaked in this one almost every evening.

The hotel is well located in the heart of the Southern strip, which makes for easy walking to shopping at Miracle Mile, breakfast on the patio of the Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris across the street, and a show at the MGM. We also walked to the Fashion Show Mall, Wynn, Venetian, etc.., which are in the North Strip area, about a mile from the hotel.

Milo's, the Greek restaurant at the Cosmo, has probably the best prix- fixe lunch deal on the strip; the food was excellent and we really enjoyed sitting on their well heated outdoor patio, twice. Other culinary highlights were Comme Ca and China Poblano (loved their tacos, noodles, and ceviches, but found their Twenty-Vegetable Fried Rice over-hyped and way over-priced). The secret pizza place is okay. It's what you settle for in NYC when you come home at 3am and only Ray's or Koronet's is open. For excellent NY Pizza in Vegas, go to Grimaldi's at the Palazzo or Fashion Show Mall. We are not normally buffet people, but did eat at the Wicked Spoon and enjoyed it. We found it far superior to the buffet at the Wynn, which I would not recommend. Apparently the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's is comparable or even slightly better than Cosmo's, but we didn't eat there, so I can't weigh in on that debate.

Unlike others, we found the service at the hotel to be quit good. Also of note, the casino at the Cosmo is small, so their is no poker room, but there is a nice one next door at the Aria.

Hope this helpful; happy travels!

Jason

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a trip around the USA and this is my second visit to the hotel. on arrival upgraded to strip view high floor room with balcony - the beds were some comfortable and the view is just to die for. check in and check out was excellent. Had breakfast included and this is one of the best buffets I have ever encountered there is food for every taste.
Would definately stay here again.
The value for money is Excellent

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Personally, I feel the difference between a 5 star hotel and a 4 star hotel is the service. There was nothing about the service at The Cosmopolitan Hotel that suggested it is a 5 star hotel.
Ok, so most people don't go to Las Vegas to cook. I understand. But the 1 bedroom unit at The Cosmopolitan says it has a "Modern Kitchenette" on the floor plan. We like to make our breakfasts and lunches when we travel (usually staying at condos). We also have a new baby, so having a kitchen was important to us on this trip.
The kitchenette at The Cosmopolitan is a sink, a microwave and a dishwasher. No dishes. A minibar, I guess if you want to count that. (One of those computer ones that charges you when you move things.) I don't think this is actually a kitchenette.
I called the front desk and complained. "Hey this isn't a kitchen." They said, the 1 bedroom terrace suite has a real kitchen, and they could upgrade me to that for $100 a night. They said it was normally $200 extra. Thanks, but no, thanks.
When the bellman brought up our luggage, he asked how we liked the room, and I told him the kitchen was disappointing. He said to call resort services, and they could help me.
So the next day, I called the operator and asked for a resort coordinator, and the operator asked me what I wanted, and I told her my story. She put me on hold and came back, and said they could upgrade me to the terrace suite for $100 extra a night, this time she said it was normally $160 extra. Sigh.
I asked if we could just get a fridge, $35 extra a night.
Also, does the kitchen in the terrace suite come with dishes. No, they rent them to you. I asked to speak to a manager, and she said there wasn't one available, but she would let them know of my complaint. I never heard back.
My complaint is, if they advertise that they have a kitchenette, then don't pretend a dishwasher a sink and a microwave are a kitchenette. And if guests complain about the kitchenette, have a solution better than charging them $700 for their week's stay. Plus dish rental.
Allegedly it is a 5 star hotel. We used the valet to check in, but were given a room in the East tower, which is a long smokey walk from check in. When we went to pick up our car from the valet. They informed us, hey you could have picked it up at the East tower valet pick up. (Would have been nice to know that before.) Apparently they used to have an East tower valet, but do not any more.
Also they now charge a $25 resort fee. Do a web search for Cosmopolitan and resort fee and be amused by the CEO saying they don't want to irritate guests by charging a resort fee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Moss, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everything was fantastic on this hotell. Large casino, great room, great food. Especially the breakfast buffeet at Wicked Spoon. The only thing to put a finger on was that there where no coffemachine in the suites. And a $52 pot of coffe from roomservice is a bit expensive :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!