“They do spoil you a bit” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
“They do spoil you a bit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Typical of Vegas hotels spoiling one so as to ease the customer into spending more money then they should at the tables......well I say spoil me anyway. This place was cool. COOL is really the best way to explain it. Very ultra modern decor in both rooms and lobby areas. The facilities were amazing. But this place could've done a little better in a couple of 'greedy' areas. For example the gym, while it was by far the best gym I have ever seen there was a entry fee not covered as part of your stay. Also the pool always seemed to be shut BUT on one trip to the gym and we took a wrong turn we realised that the pool was infant open and attended but not to the average man woman or child. Something 'rich' was going on there and we were not invited. Other then that the place was great and worth staying at.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,001)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aspen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had a great time staying at the hotel. Last time I was in Vegas I hung out here while staying across the way at Vodara.

The rooms are nice, bathrooms are great as well. Public areas and pools are awesome though it does seem a bit strange that you have to walk through what feels like a half mile of conference spaces to get from your room to the pool.

Hotel service is not great but similar to other Vegas hotels, with the exception of Wynn/Encore.

The service in the F&B outlets was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed at The Cosmopolitan two times since it opened and both times they have treated me exceptionally. I'm a Marriott Rewards member so I get points as The Cosmo is affiliated, but their own Identity program is worth joining. I found I had $26 in value to spend anywhere in the hotel, after just 1 stay. Great restaurants, atmoshpere and employees make this my favorite place to stay in LV. It is very centrally located on the strip within a walk of Paris, Ceasar's, Venetian, Aria, and others. Monorail isn't very easy to get to but possible through Paris. Wicked Spoon is my favorite breakfast buffet in Vegas. I also love the high tech rooms; through the TV you can set your room to wake you with light (low to high), music or TV (you choose volume) and temperature. Very cool!

Room Tip: Rooms looking over Bellagio fountains are fun but the music goes until really late, like 2am and you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I celebrated NYE in the cosmopolitan. It was his birthday and we had never stayed at the cosmo before plus he had several gift cards to the Marriott that we wanted to use. He called several times to confirm that they could process them once it was time to check out. One time a representative had said no and two other times a representive had said yes. Two vs One? I guess we we're in! Haha. We had booked our room months in advanced and when it was time for our vacation I had come down with a terrible fever. A booked room in vegas, boyfriends birthday, and NYE the biggest party of the year made me feel extremely guilty to say cancel everything so I could stay home in bed. I carried on and once we made it there I ran out of tissues in our hotel room and blew my nose so raw that it looked like I had been doing some coke. It was NYE so I didn't look that too far off from the rest of the crowd. I called down to the front desk and asked for someone to bring me up more tissues and they arrived promtly. The gentleman that brought them was super sweet asking me if everything was okay and if I needed anything else. All hotel staff I encountered were extremely courteous and explained to us how they would not let us back into the hotel without our room keys several times. (that procedure was only for NYE celebrations). Because of my illness I took three baths during our stay and the tub was amazing. Japanese tub with jet streams. Checkout took quite a while because there were extra steps that needed to be done to use our marriott cards there but we didn't mind. The gentleman that checked us out had the same birthday as my boyfriend (we made him show us his ID in disbelief), that was very unusual and comical. Overall, that would probably be the first and last time we stay at the cosmo. It was great but not that great to warrant the price tag. The wicked spoon, secret pizza, and china poblano will be in another review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went to Vegas for my 40th in December '12.
This hotel exceeded my expectation....I was blown away by every aspect of it! My room was stunning....make sure you get a room overlooking the bellagio fountains....my room was 3323.
Amazingly comfy bed, beautiful bathroom, bathtub overlooking the strip, it was very quiet also.
Amaaaaaaaaaaazing breakfast!

I would most definitely stay there again....would only change hotels to compare.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

So far the best of the best in Vegas. We loved this hotel. Stayed in early December. Loved the skating rink. What we loved best was that one didn't have to walk through the casino to get everywhere as it seems you have to do in other hotels in Vegas. You can get off on the second floor for the buffet (best in Vegas) or to go out to the strip or to go across the street on the walkway. However, if there was one casino to walk through this would be the one. The room service steak was terrific. Will be back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Would never stay here again.. Our company kick off was held here in October and I was looking fwd to it since this was a brand new Hotel and looked nice. However it wasone of the worst Hotel \s I have ever been to. From the food to even the coffee was horrible. The room was nice and the view as well but everthong else was NOT. Even the Casenio was nothing to look at it was actually very cheap looking and layed out very poorly

Room Tip: Very confussing differant towers and the elevators are very confuseing as to the towers etc.,.. I ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!