We stayed at the Cosmo over the weekend before New Year's Eve, and while there were quite a few positives, there are other hotels on the strip that I prefer.
- The service. The front desk was fantastic, and while all of the rooms overlooking the fountain were sold, he got us a room with an amazing view of the strip (east tower). All of our interactions with staff were impeccable (check in, room service, bell hop, taxi line, etc.)
- The view and location. The Cosmo is next to the Bellagio and centrally located on the strip. There is a Walgreens nearby for drinks, sundries, and other necessities.
- Rooms are spacious and well laid out. The bathing area (huge bath tub and walk in shower with windows) was chic and worked well with the room.
-Young crowd. I'm 29, and I had little patience for many of the people we encountered. While not the case with everyone, many were loud, drunk, and didn't tip. There were also kids playing in the main walkway of the casino. Seriously. Who brings their kids to a casino?!
- Room cleanliness. The couch in our suite had what looked like a puke stain. One of our bath mats had a makeup stain on it.
- No turndown service.
Other points and tips
- As with any hotel in the world, tipping will tend to provide you with a richer experience.
- Stay in the east tower.
- Order guacamole and margaritas at China Poblano. You will thank me.
- E (hidden restaurant in Jaleo with limited nightly seating; you have to reserve by email in advance), Comme Ca, Scarpetta, and Jaleo are all delicious.
- Also Known As:
- The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas Hotel
- The Cosmopolitan Of Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a unique luxury resort offering a decidedly different perspective, situated in the heart of The Strip directly between CityCenter and Bellagio. The resort’s uniquely vertical multi-tower design offers spectacular views of the vibrant city. The new 2,995-room resort features oversized, residential-style living spaces with expansive, one-of-a-kind private terraces. The Cosmopolitan’s luxurious resort amenities include a 100,000-square-foot casino; Sahra Spa & Hammam; three unique pool experiences at The Pool District; Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub at The Cosmopolitan, a multi-level integrated nightclub; and 150,000 square feet of state-of-the-art convention and meeting space. An eclectic lineup of new-to-market retailers include AllSaints Spitalfields, Beckley, CRSVR Sneaker Boutique, DNA2050, Droog, Molly Brown's Swimwear, Retrospecs & Co, Skins 6|2 Cosmetics and STITCHED. Signature restaurants include Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill by restaurateurs Bruce and Eric Bromberg; Comme Ça by Los Angeles Chef David Myers; Estiatorio Milos, by international restaurateur Costas Spiliadis; Holsteins from Block 16 Hospitality; Jaleo and China Poblano restaurants by acclaimed Chef José Andrés; Scarpetta and D.O.C.G. by award-winning Chef Scott Conant; and popular steakhouse STK from The ONE Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.