We stayed at the Cosmo over the weekend before New Year's Eve, and while there were quite a few positives, there are other hotels on the strip that I prefer.
- The service. The front desk was fantastic, and while all of the rooms overlooking the fountain were sold, he got us a room with an amazing view of the strip (east tower). All of our interactions with staff were impeccable (check in, room service, bell hop, taxi line, etc.)
- The view and location. The Cosmo is next to the Bellagio and centrally located on the strip. There is a Walgreens nearby for drinks, sundries, and other necessities.
- Rooms are spacious and well laid out. The bathing area (huge bath tub and walk in shower with windows) was chic and worked well with the room.
-Young crowd. I'm 29, and I had little patience for many of the people we encountered. While not the case with everyone, many were loud, drunk, and didn't tip. There were also kids playing in the main walkway of the casino. Seriously. Who brings their kids to a casino?!
- Room cleanliness. The couch in our suite had what looked like a puke stain. One of our bath mats had a makeup stain on it.
- No turndown service.
Other points and tips
- As with any hotel in the world, tipping will tend to provide you with a richer experience.
- Stay in the east tower.
- Order guacamole and margaritas at China Poblano. You will thank me.
- E (hidden restaurant in Jaleo with limited nightly seating; you have to reserve by email in advance), Comme Ca, Scarpetta, and Jaleo are all delicious.