“Amazing trip - Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing trip - Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Check in a was quick an efficient. I had booked a one bedroom fountain view suite. We were offered an upgrade to a wraparound suite for $150 per night which I managed to get down to $100. We were disappointed to not get this complimentary as we had got engaged the day before but it was not the end of the world.

The room was absolutely amazing and the view from the balcony breathtaking. It was great to have a special treat to celebrate our engagement. The room was serviced every day before 3pm. Some areas of the room were slightly dusty and one of the bedside lamps didn't work but it really wasn't the end of the world. We were just thrilled to be in Vegas and too busy having such a great time to notice these minor things

We had complimentary buffet breakfast daily, wifi and 2 drinks and the Chandelier bar because we had booked through Virgin. This also meant we could line up in the Platinum queue at the Wicked Spoon every morning. UK Virgin holiday travellers take note!

The Wicked Spoon was great and the food was amazing however it was $75 for two per day. We didn't eat loads so had we not had it complimentary I don't think it would have been worth the money.

I went to the spa one day and had an OPI gel manicure done which cost an extortionate $120, definitely one for people with deep pockets.

We would definitely stay at the Cosmo again and highly recommend it.

As mentioned in previous reviews the hotel does have a 'younger' vibe so may not be suitable for older couples.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,013)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The Cosmopolitan is a Glitzy new hotel. As honeymooners and first timers to L.V we loved the modern clean feel and most importantly our 65th floor balcony suite with THE BEST view of the strip. We tok some pretty wow photos. WE did feel that the hotel is just one big revoving door.So many ppl checking in and out that the process can take some time at either end. The room itself was well appointed. Spacious, clean and comfy bed. Great shower and lovely spa with a view.

Our room key card kept failing and leaving us out of our room. It became frustrating as we had about 4 keys made with a 5-10min wait everytime outside our door. That aside we found room service to be a little slow and the staff seemed disinterested. Its not a very personal hotel but it is a lot of fun! Great location although the balcony rooms require a little extra walking to the second tower.

Bars and restaurants are great if a little $$$. We ate at the Japanes restaurant in the hotel and found it to be good. Service was great food ok. Fantasttic location to explore the strip and a a nice place to come home to after a long day exploring this great town. We also loved Palazzo/Venetian and Caesars Palace. Cosmopolitan is up there amongst the best in L.V. Just dn't expect great service and you'll love it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My December 2012 stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas was wonderful from beginning to end. It’s a very modern, cool, and exciting property in a prime location on the Strip. Las Vegas to me has always been the world capital of customer service and The Cosmopolitan certainly lives up to, if not exceeds, this expectation.

Beginning immediately at check-in I was greeted by Kelly at the front desk who checked me in quite promptly and very professionally. I told her that I was running a little late for a dinner reservation and her efficiency had me off and running in no time. I was assigned a room in the west tower with a glorious view of the Bellagio fountains and the Las Vegas Strip, absolutely stunning! My room was just perfect in every way. The bed was very comfortable. By the way, I learned beforehand, likely from a Trip Advisor review, not to touch any of the electronically motioned sensor items in the fridge unless you want to purchase them or you’re automatically charged for them.

The hotel has many great restaurants, shops, artwork, even their “Wicked Spoon” buffet is fantastic. I really liked Holstein’s, but beware, the portions can be somewhat overwhelming so make sure you first consult with a server before you order the entire menu. There’s a very cool/high-tech nightclub called “The Marquee” if you’re into the nightclub scene. I even saw a major celebrity dancing away there one night! If that’s not enough, they even have an Ice Skating Rink up on the Boulevard Pool Deck, cool! For evening drinks or to take a break from the excitement of the casino the Chandelier Bar is a stunning setting to lounge.

There’s lots of security at the hotel and they are very friendly, professional and polite. They were very approachable and always more than happy to help with directions if I couldn’t find my way.

I want to say special thank you to the hotel management whom I never get to see and the following Cosmopolitan staff: Diane, the friendly Customer Service lady, who took my phone call and helped me with directions saving me precious time one day. Donna, at the identity membership counter who helped me register for Cosmopolitan’s Identity program. Jeff & Ashley, the dealers in the Casino who made it so much fun to gamble at the “Big 6” game! Dominick at the hotel’s “Monogram Retail Outlet.” The nice young lady who does the great shoe shines just outside of Holsteins, Hostesses: Whitney & Requela, and Server: Francesca and the other servers at Holsteins a great spot for casual food and fun. I must buy a Holstein’s T-Shirt next time. The friendly pastry chefs at the Wicked Spoon, And last, but definitely not least, the Cosmopolitan Housekeeping Staff (Jonel and others) that made my room sparkle every day.

In my opinion The Cosmopolitan is a beautiful hotel that does it right. If you’re into “Cool, Contemporary & Classy” this is the right place. I am already trying to plan a return trip so I can try out more of their culinary delights, especially JALEO and MILOS which I’ve heard so many great things about.

My only regret is having to leave and go back home. LOL.

Room Tip: West tower Rooms are said to be quiter. Bellagio Fountain views are glorious.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have stayed in many hotels around Vegas over the years, NONE have a view to compare with the Cosmo! Had a 1 bedroom suite, well priced/valued at $243 per night ... upside, room in fridge to store your own beer/wine/soda. Downside, no glasswear or silverwear (had a late night snack that plastic forks didnt go well with)

The hotel is hip/trendy/cool - the Chandelier bar in the center of the hotel rising 3 stories is very nice and while the drinks are $10 they do pour strong.

Downside - strange sewage smell waffling in and out of room at times (we were in 3989) not sure what was up with that or if others have had this issue. Also, the rooms were not especially clean and our connection cable/input to the play video off the ipod was not working. All in all a great value, as with so many of these large hotels the maintenance and cleaning are not always top shelf.

Room Tip: Definately worth the splurge for the wrap around room. A friend was staying in the standard and whil...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We just spent the week of Christmas at the Cosmopolitan and had a wonderful time. We had a balcony room with a view of the Bellagio fountains on the 17th floor. The room was very spacious with a queen bed, 2 large screen tvs, a small kitchenette area with a sink and microwave, a large living room area with an L shaped couch and a huge bathroom with a great shower and separate jacuzzi tub. I had read a lot of reviews that said it was noisy in rooms that low, but as soon as we got off the elevator it was quiet and we never had a noisy night. We were in the west tower which might have affected it. Service was great anywhere in the hotel. We were blown away by the art, the video columns in the lobby and the chandelier. Lots of great restaurants and room service was excellent. Don't miss the Sahra Spa and Hamam. Price of a treatment lets you use the facility all day. Casino had something for everyone - reasonably priced black jack tables ($10), hot craps table, penny slots. We had a great time and would love to go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains - you can't hear the music, but get a uniq...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
addtraveler10101
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a new, gorgeous hotel! State of the Art in every aspect! The check in area with it's ever changing video display made the time in line fly by. A stunning chandelier is the centerpiece of the casino. Fiber optic lighting is used tatefully at the bars and enhance the millions of crystals and overall decor. Shops and restaurants are scattered throughout the hotel. We enjoyed every bite of food we had here, especially the buffet. The Wicked Spoon serves both traditional and some untraditional buffet food. Loved it! Another can't miss is the hidden pizza spot and China Poblano. The hotel employees are friendly and efficient. The bartenders at the Vesper Bar ( I think that's the name) by check in were our favorites. Vacationed here with my mother, both of us are well over 29.... even 39. : ) We were amazed by the cutting edge technology at this hotel. Everything in the room is automated, and can be operated by the bedside phone. Lights, TV, thermostat, room service, everythihng. This was above what either of us knew existed in hotel rooms. There was definitely a learning curve and lots of laughs trying to figure out the automations. In no time at all we had things figured out.

During the day we did some hotel hopping. Many of the other popular hotels on The Strip are in need of updating.to keep up with the Cosmopolitan.

I guess the only reason I don't give the hotel 5 stars is the cost. Room rates are on the expensive side, so look for a package. We got a good price on a package that included hotel credit. However, we would stay again in a minute.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Cosmopolitan is simply the best. Art, Food, Drinks, Casino, Hotel, Staff (1st class) The buffet (Wicked Spoon) is the best in town. Some luck in the casino and nice selection of games to choose from, along with tons of slot machines. I have never stayed there, but hope to in the future.

Room Tip: Wicked Spoon closed at 2:00 pm, so we missed it by 20 minutes on our out last visit, but it is the b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!