“Great view from balcony” 5 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Hotel deals
Ranked #36 of 274 hotels in Las Vegas
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great view from balcony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

For all you Marriott reward members this hotel Is part of the autograph collection . Our room was a suite that looked over the Bellagio fountains which was beautiful . If you have points to use its a must see . Great view of the Eiffel Tower and the rest if the strip . For those platinum members you get a complimentary breakfast at the wooden spoon .

• Stayed November 2012

6,926 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,589)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were amazed by the room we got on the 38th floor. The view was spectacular. We were able to watch the Bellagio fountains and see the strip at night. The hotel has a lot of restaurants, but it feels as if you're in a mall. The place is huge. We didnt eat at any of the restaurants except the breakfast buffet. The buffet is so big that it doesnt feel comfortable. There were hundreds of people in the same area. Overall we were so memerized with our room and the view that it was well worth it for us. We stayed 5 nights and truly enjoyed it. The location is in the middle of the strip so it was very convenient for us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at The Cosmopolitan two nights recently. The bed was extremely comfortable. Elevators are quick, zippity zip. There's quite a bit of security, which makes makes you feel secure. Seriously, they were walking the floors. And they help direct you. The room was beautiful except for the couch. It was purple. I used the sunken tub twice. And looked out upon the night lights of Las Vegas. We asked for a room with a view and we got one on the 49th floor. WOW! Spectacular. The one thing the Cosmopolitan really squeezes it's customers on is the liquor. We bought a bottle wine in the little lobby store and it cost $70. We also purchased 4 beers from the little store and they cost $10 each. So, if you don't gamble much but would like to have a couple of glasses of wine while enjoying the view from your tub, be prepared to lay out some dough. Or gamble... there's a nice cocktail server who walks around, asking if you would care for a drink. Room service dropped the ball a little but when we called to ask for towels and trash removal they pounced on it. Just a little non-communication. I promise stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a view when you make your reservation. These people go out of their way to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is fairly new, but nothing special. Personally, it shouldn't rated as 5 star hotel. In order to view them as 5 star hotel rate, they should complete with hotels like Wynn, Encore, Aria & Palazzo, etc (to name a few), but this hotel couldn't compare with other 5 star hotels.

Decor: Lobby - Nothing special., just ok. I've seen 3 star hotels better than this one.
Decor: Room - I stayed in CityRoom. Most of their decor seems to be chrome finished and lots of mirror on the wall. Very cheap light fixtures that doesn't stand straight - it's all leaned over.
Bed - very soft. If someone had bad back, watch out. We (my husband and I) both had to take Pain killer to ease the back pain. Also, CityRoom is all 2 QueenBeds. If you want the King Bed, you have to upgrade and get the different room.
Water - we stayed on 17th floor and pressure is good. But, it's always luke warm. I personally like hot shower, but even turn on all the way to 'Hot" max, it never got hot.
Housekeeping Service - Very nice and accommodating with cleaning time. We travel with a 8 lbs dog and they come in and did the cleaning whenever we asked them, so that we can leave the room with our pet while they clean.
Cleanness of the room: Not very good. Lots of dust on corners around the rooms. I understand that housekeeping on daily bases couldn't do the dusting and clean corner to corner of the room, but they should do the major cleaning often enough that customer feels they are staying at a clean place. That wasn't the case with the room that we stayed.
No Bath tub, just shower - If you want to soak your body in the hot tub after long walk up/down the strip, this room isn't for you.
Slots: Since we have the dog with us, we didn't play table games and stay with Slots. It has many good lose slots. Also they have many machine with 1 cents play with low min/max bid range. So, it last pretty long with small fund and win pretty good. But, (Vegas 101) house always win in the end, if you don't quit while you are ahead. :(

Pet Friendly: This hotel is Pet Friendly. You can even take your dog to casino area and gamble if you want. My dog is Velcro dog and would like to go ever where I go, so this worked perfectly. All the shops in the same buildings are also pet friendly except for the restaurants.
However, stores in this hotels are not the high-end shops,
Pet Relief Area: If anyone travel with Pet, be aware. It's on 14th floor, next to the pool. However, they should be shame of themselves calling this Pet Relief Area. It's 4" x 20" or so on AstroTurf. Astro Turf? It smells horrible. Dogs waste was all over the place. My dog will stand on only 3 feel and frozen at one corner and wouldn't move. He was so happy to get out of the place. It's disgusting. I couldn't move fast enough to get my pooch out of the nasty, smelly, wet place. I had to quickly brought him up to the room and gave him a wash. Believe me, wet didn't mean residue from the clean water if you know what I mean. If they are charging $50.00 extra for pet fee, they should do much better to accommodate people with Pets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a conference he was attending. We stayed 3 nights, but we wish we could have stayed longer. We had a beautiful Terrace Suite. The rooms were spacious and we especially enjoyed the huge bathroom and shower area! The closets were spacious as well and had automatic lights when you opened the closet doors. There are slippers available for guests at no charge, but the robes will cost you over $100 if you want to take them home. Just make sure you use them while you are there as they were very luxurious!

I read previous reviews about the rooms having no utensils/plates/napkins, so I did bring my own to use if we needed them. There is a Walgreens across the strip at Planet Hollywood, so make sure you take advantage of that for souvenirs, alcohol and other items you might find yourself needing. The easiest way to get there is to take the elevator to the 2nd level and walk past the retail shops to the Strip exit. There you will take the walkway over the strip to Walgreens below.

We didn't have time to take advantage of the massage services, but I did speak to a couple in the elevator who did and they said it was wonderful.

We only encountered a couple of problems during our stay. The flat screen TV in the bedroom quit working so we had to call the front desk to have someone come fix it. The other problem was related to our room key working in the elevator. You have to swipe your room key in the elevator to get to your floor, so sometimes my room key wouldn't work. I waited for someone else to board the elevator, swipe their card and then I could push the button for my floor.

Overall we had a wonderful time! All the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were a breeze. Concierge held our bags until we could check in and we received a personal call when our room was ready.

I would recommend eating at the Wicked Spoon for brunch and make sure you leave room for the many delicious desserts available. We also ate at the hidden pizza place between Blue Ribbon Sushi and Jaleo. There is no sign, but only a long hallway, so make sure you look for it. Their white pizza was awesome and affordable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying here...I love modern design and architecture and the rooms are spectacular. However...some basic things were annoying enough to take much of the pleasure out of my stay. Cell reception in the towers is non-existent (for ATT, anyway). OK, so resort to using the room phone. Uh....good luck with that. The cool video screen phone is so impossible to operate (and I'm a very tech savvy type) that I accidentally hung up on the first three incoming calls I got. The front desk told me when I checked out that no one can use the things and that they get tens of complaints every day. Same thing for the elevators. Cool design, but the card access system is quirky enough that almost everyone winds up riding the wrong direction at least once a day. It would be so easy to fix this stuff and have a great customer experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the north tower...view of the Bellagio fountains is great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hørsholm, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Cosmopolitan Las Vegas is indeed a very nice hotel. I was in Vegas for the Autodesk University and Mandalay Bay was fully booked which turned out to be to my advantage as I got a room at the Cosmopolitan instead. It's a brand new hotel, located in the best spot in Vegas and the room they gave was a small nicely decorated suite. The hotel staff was very friendly and the atmosfair in the casino was great

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!