“Perfect place for bachelorette party!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 272 hotels in Las Vegas
Costa Mesa, California
“Perfect place for bachelorette party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I previously stayed at The Cosmopolitan for a friend's 30th birthday trip in February 2012. As a result, I knew it would be perfect for another friend's Bachelorette Party in July 2012. It was a nice surprise that I was upgraded upon check-in to a Terrace Studio (thank you!). We ate at the Blue Ribbon sushi bar on Saturday, had drinks at the Chandelier Bar, and laid by the pool on Saturday. Blue Ribbon was ok, but we did have a great waiter. As far as sushi goes, I cannot imagine there is affordable, excellent sushi on the Strip. We got to the Bamboo Pool around 10:45 on Saturday and were able to snag four chairs together (far away from the pool, but directly in front of a bar) and then just laid out towels on the grass behind our chairs. Only annoying thing was that you need to bring or buy for $10 a cord so that you can play your iPod in the room. However, there are plenty of music channels available on the television. You really cannot beat the location and vibe of The Cosmopolitan. I would not hesitate to return and have always gotten good deals (either AAA on the Marriott website or a Jet Blue vacation package).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

7,371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,783)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have stayed and visited a quite a few hotels on the strip in Las Vegas. I thought that the Cosmopolitan, being one of the newest hotels and a luxury/pricey hotel, it would be out of this world. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.

The hotel itself has a lot to look at. I spent a lot of time at the Boulevard Pool which was very nice, fun music and a great view of the strip. However, the wait service was very inconsistent. Sometimes it would take 5 minutes to order and receive a drink or food, and other times, I waited over an hour just to see a waitress for a drink.

The Chandelier bar was beautiful and probably the most beautiful thing in this hotel. I enjoyed a few drinks here. Bond was a nice place as well, which I spent some time at late at night on Thursday. Lots of good music, lounge feel, and beautiful decor. It seemed as though you couldn't even get close to it on a Friday or Saturday though, which is typical in most places in Vegas on the weekends.

One thing about Vegas hotels that can make a big difference, is the elevators. With so many big hotels and many guests and attractions on various floors, it is really important that the elevators run quickly and efficiently. This is probably the only hotel I have been into where this does not happen (to include some of the hotels in Old Vegas) Waiting 10-15 minutes each time you take an elevator is annoying.

I had a room in the West Tower. It was one of the basic rooms, however it was not clean at all. When we first arrived to the room, there was all kinds of items in the drawers from the previous guest (or perhaps the guest before that!) The shower floor had soap scum on it that was never cleaned before we checked in and never cleaned up by housekeeping during our stay.
The signature circle which surrounds the tv in most rooms had separated from the wall. Though this is a small detail, for a multi-million dollar hotel, details count!

We ordered late night room service and also breakfast room service. Both were delivered well beyond the time quoted. They told us 45 minutes or less, and we received everything 1+ hours later. The breakfast we even put in an order for the night before and requested to be delivered between 10:00 am and 10:20 am. It was not delivered until after 10:30am. If you had some where to be, this is unreliable and unacceptable. This trip was a combo vacation/business trip and we had places to be that morning.

We had to take a red-eye flight to come back home so we tried to request a late check out. We were told we could stay an hour later without any fee, which we chose as our best option. This did not bother me at all, because it is based on availability. However, the problem is they did not communicate this to their housekeeping. While I was taking a shower, they came into the room right at 11:00a.m. (normal check out time) though we had the do not disturb sign up. This was embarrassing and they informed me that they were never told we were leaving at noon time. At that point, I was just rushing to get out of the room.

Finally, the crowd at the Cosmopolitan is really not my speed. While I like to go out at night and enjoy myself, the crowds of people yelling, screaming and pushing people and knocking them down throughout the first floor and the second floor outside of Marquee were obnoxious. Comparably, it is not the same outside of Surrender, XS, Pure, Tao etc. and in other hotels/casinos I've visited. The security seem to have a much better hold on crowd control at other hotels I've experienced and do not tolerate out of control people.

Overall, I would set foot back in the Cosmopolitan for the Chandelier bar, and Bond but only if I happened to be on the part of the strip with no where else to go.

West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We visted this hotel for our wedding anniversity. As this is a Marriott, we opted to stay there instead of the JW Marriott. This hotel is great for those who wish to stay on the strip. It location is the best. We also had great service. The check in is a bit disorganized and it was not clear on where one should line up.We were in a terrace studio with a view of the Aria tram. Room 1710 not the high floor as I requested but since we paid the rate of 133.00 per night, I did not except the best view. We swam at the Bamboo pool which was very nice. Wish the pool was open later than 8:00 pm. Would stay again with my husband but would not bring my children.

Parking was cool as there is a sign letting you know how many parking spaces are left on each floor and a green light above available spaces.

Room Tip: Request high floor.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the Cosmopolitan for my Bachelorette Party...we decided to splurge on this hotel due to the beautiful decor and fun night life most of us had read about if not experienced first hand prior to our trip. The first day was great! We spent the day at the pool (which had a ridiculous pricing structure for any seat within 50 feet of the pool - total scam) and had a fun dinner out in the hotel. The second day we wised up and went to the "free" pool on the 14th floor and had a wonderful day. At dinner at Scarpetta is where things took a turn for the worse. We sat down and within seconds the table next to us sent over a bottle of champange, which the server poured and we accepted. What followed was our entire meal, cover charges, and rooms being "taken care of" by the VIP guest who was sitting next to us at dinner. We called and confirmed this was in fact true several times with the hotel's front desk, and indeed checked out of the hotel with a zero balance. I must reveal that there was absolutely no "quid pro quo" on our side for these items to be "taken care of", and we at no time asked for this to happen. It was executed soley through the VIP department and the VIP guest himself.

We returned home to our "normal" lives the following Tuesday and the friend who had initially held our rooms with her credit card had a plethora of charges coming from the Cosmopolitan, none of which they could provide a detailed receipt for. We all tried calling the hotel numerous times to understand what had transpired, and all we got in return were unanswered messages. They could not explain why we had charges in numerous amounts after checking out of the hotel with a zero balance.

My friend ended up having to file a fraud case with her credit card company and 3 months later the matter is still not fully resolved. Essentially the Cosmo has stiffed us with all of the charges that were supposedly "taken care of", including the champagne and other items the "VIP" ordered on our behalf, without our consent.

Several lessons have been learned as a result of this experience, one being if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. The other being, the Cosmopolitan doesn't care about their guests, except maybe their VIP's. Us regular people who only pay $800 per night for their rooms can be ignored regardless of the circumstance.

Needles to say, I will never stay here again, nor will I ever let anyone I care about stay here. There are much classier places in Vegas that actually care about all of their guests.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Manor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Cosmo is the place to stay while in Vegas!!! Me and my husband made our first trip to Vegas in July and I knew I wanted to stay in a nice hotel with the view of the strip, I was sold on the Cosmo because of the balconies!! This hotel did not fail me it was wonderful and the view from our room was breathtaking. We had a few hiccups with the room but nothing that the Hotel didn't take care of! The Casino here was really the best in my opinion drinks are served constantly and the waitresses we very friendly! STAY HERE you'll love it!

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the fountains were the best and also avoid alot of the sun!
Lyon, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We chose a studio with balcony and Bellagio's fountain view (on 35th floor). Well-kept services, smart furniture, gigantic bathroom with jacuzzi, up-to-date technology home automation, absolutely incredible Strip view at dark night (choose a very high floor if you are not dizzy), totally silent when windows closed. But extremely expensive and hungry breakfast (80$). Friendly staff. A good value compared with the old "traditional" casinos in LV. Expensive but awesome.

Napa, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We recently stayed there with our son who was celebrating his 21st birthday with some of his friends. We had 2 rooms and they were both fabulous!! We were upgraded to rooms with views of the Bellagio fountains and the Paris Hotel. The rooms are amazing!! They are beautifully decorated and the lighting and music controls on the TV remote/phone are very cool! Everything about the hotel was spectacular. I just can't say enough good things about this place. We were there for 2 days and hardly left the property. The restaurants are top notch and service was wonderful. I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we're in Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!