“Great stay in Vegas!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Great stay in Vegas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Beautiful new hip hotel just south of the Bellagio. The chandelier bar with its 3 levels is something to see. Breakfast buffet top notch. Get a one bedroom suite overlooking Bellagio fountains.....best room i have stayed in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money looking north over the Bellagio fountains.....awesome view on the lanai.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,003)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a very clean, comfortable, modern hotel. The reception area is very high tech and impressive, and the service was great, the restaurants onsite are also very nice, and the casino is as good as any. I stayed in a city room which was a bit on the small side for the price but very nicely decorated. One thing I didn't like is, there's a box on the table in the room, with binoculars and some other items in it, if you pick them up to look at them you get charged ridiculous rates. I'm used to that system in a mini bar, but I felt like the items were positioned where they were to trick curious people into buying this items without realising.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
South Croydon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here from the 15-17th March 2012 with friends.

Check-in:
The check-in process seemed to be quite slow even though there were only two people in front of me. When I finally got to the desk I realised that it was because the check-in clerk was doing a proper job, i.e. discussing options, potential upgrades, asking about any room preferences, answering questions etc. The gentleman who dealt with me was upbeat, friendly and very helpful, I could almost forgive having to wait over 10 minutes.
Room:
For my 2 nights at the Cosmopolitan I had booked a wraparound suite. Unfortunately there were none available overlooking the Bellagio fountains but I still had a great view of the strip from the 69th floor. The room itself was huge, with an open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area. There are many photos and videos online so I don’t need to describe in detail.
The room was clean, fresh and modern. The corner sofa was very comfortable (I slept on it a few times) and there were plenty of places for friends to sit and hang out. Having fridge space was brilliant, one shelf gave plenty of room to store water, beer, wine and spirits to keep us refreshed. I am not sure of the point of a full kitchen when you are provided with no pots, pans or plates to use, but I suppose it can be viewed as a nice gimmick. Advice to the Cosmo, get rid of the kitchen or provide people with the tools to use it!
The bedroom was lovely, the bed extremely comfortable and big enough to sleep about 4 people! As my friends seemed to prefer my room to their own at the Cosmo, this was proven on one night when I found 4 of them snuggled up in it.
The wraparound suite has two bathrooms which provide a couple of options for showers, washing or rest breaks. All in all the room was brilliant. I loved the hall with the mirrors and almost wanted to use the washing machine for the sake of it.

The Wraparound Suite comes with a huge balcony. I think you could fit 100 people on it if you tried. It could have been cleaner and a little more furniture may have made it seem less bare but I am not going to complain as it is something none of the other Vegas hotels seem to offer. It was great hanging outside in the evening drinking a few beers looking up and down the strip below. I viewed the balcony as a real plus and differentiator.

The negatives... How can you not provide wifi as standard and for free in a modern hotel? Charging $12 a day is a complete con, even if there is no resort fee. One of the staff explained that this was because someone hacked their system last year but I am not sure as to why this resulted in them charging (I guess they had to make it secure???).

Dining:
The only restaurant I used was the Wicked Spoon for breakfast (included with my room). I got there pretty early and had about a 5 minute wait. Once I got inside I found the restaurant itself to be pleasant, the food excellent and the service very good. I had an omelette with everything on top and then a selection of other foods to fill me up. With a good helping of coffee, orange juice and water I went away satisfied.

Casino:
The casino was pretty good, it was always reasonably busy with a great atmosphere. I did a little gaming and found the staff to be friendly, attentive and professional.

Nightclub:
I tried out the Marquee on my second night as I managed to lose most of my friends (spread out across Vegas) and with free entry included with the room it seemed rude not to. Although I am pleased to see that the US has finally embraced Trance I wasn’t overly blown away. It was an ok club, a decent size, with a good sound system. To be honest I have been to a lot better back in England and across Europe, definitely far larger than Marquee, better atmospheres and far better sound and effects. As for paying $10 for a beer, I guess you have to accept that in Vegas although it does hurt to hand the money over (with a tip on top)…

In future I would definitely venture elsewhere to visit some of the other clubs Vegas has to offer. My friends all inform me that Surrender is the place to be right now.

Pool:
I am not sure how many pools the Cosmopolitan has but only one was open. It was cosy (i.e. small) with limited loungers. I think this was the most disappointing aspect of the Cosmo. I have stayed at the Venetian, MGM, Aria, Tropicana (pool still being rebuilt…) all of which had far more impressive pool areas. Having said that, there was definitely a young crowd which was great and there was a good atmosphere. To sum up, disappointed, but…

Bars:
There were a few decent bars at the Cosmo and I tried out a few. Again all very pleasant and modern. To be honest though, with such a lovely room, we mainly pre-gamed there with drinks bought from Walgreens opposite. A fridge full of beer and vodka sure does the trick.

Clientele:
The Cosmo attracts a young party crowd. Of all the hotels that I have stayed at in Vegas (about 7 or 8 now) it stands out as my number one. People are at the Cosmopolitan to party and have fun. One just has to stand by reception to see the young up for it crowd heading out for the night.

Gym:
I did not check out the gym or spa.

Other:
I think it is important to mention Housekeeping as this always seems to get a bad rap in reviews. I had no issues at all in this regard. On several occasions I made calls to housekeeping for additional things (extra bedding for everyone crashing in my room, toothbrushes and toothpaste). In each case someone was at my room within 20 minutes. In fact when housekeeping arrived the second time I got a call to tell me the guy was outside with what I had asked for. I was impressed; I found the service to be excellent.

The only real issue that I had arose after I had checked out of the hotel. Having paid in advance through a UK travel agent and charged nothing to the room I had a closing balance of $0. When I arrived home I found that I had a charge of $300 sitting on my credit card. After several calls it was established that this was essentially a holding charge against the room of $150 a night which would be reversed. I would have appreciated being warned about this at check-in. I again have to complement reservations at the Cosmopolitan though as upon emailing at 9am UK time (2am in Vegas) I received responses within 2-3 minutes every time. The gentleman who assisted me (Geoff Goetz, Resort Services Supervisor) was brilliant. He made everything clear, explained what had happened and why and offered to follow up if it had not been resolved within 48 hours. I was really appreciative and again view this as an example of a top quality hotel with premium after service.

Overall:
Whilst there were positives and negatives at the Cosmopolitan, I would still name this my favourite hotel in Vegas. The room was brilliant, having a balcony a major plus, good young crowd, modern, excellent service. On the negative side, the pool area is too small, the club was average (not as though you are tied to it though) and no free wifi!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, I loved it. If I was to go back to Vegas I would stay here again without doubt although unfortunately I always tend to try and stay somewhere different so that may not happen.

If you want a good central location in a modern hotel with great rooms, decent casino and a good young crowd look no further.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Perfect central location, gorgeously appointed rooms, riveting views, outstanding bars and restaurants - all with a very hip, cutting edge feel. This is definitely not your fathers Vegas.

• Stayed March 2012
manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

A very expensive hotel but already showing signs of wear stained carpets in three of the suites, why have a dishwasher when you don't provide any dishes and the firdge is NOT availble for personal use . Every little thing costs extra--to have your fridge emptied, to have a cot etc
the worst gambling machines on the strip. Pay very little and not often If you go be ready to spend more than other hotels

Room Tip: Choose on the side of the fountains
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was my second time staying at The Cosmopolitan and I still rate it as one of my favorite hotels! The hotel is just so easy on the eyes!! The weather was great so the pools were open which is always a plus.

The staff were all very friendly and accomodating...maybe with the exception of just one
person answering the "beck and call" phone on our first night but for the rest of the week we had very polite and friendly people so maybe that one person was just having a bad day...??

The food is always above average no matter where you eat there and the rooms are amazing. I didn't care for my room smelling very strongly of smoke upon check-in but after a full day of the balcony doors being wide open, it went away. Might be a good idea for the hotel to actually post signs letting people know it's a smoke-free hotel?? The only sign we saw was a tiny piece of paper on the ashtray outside on the terrace. Seems odd.

Room Tip: Ask for fountain view! Worth the extra cost!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Cosmopolitan is perhaps one of the best hotels in Vegas for many reasons. First of all, it has a great location: right in the middle of the Strip; near Bellagio, just to the opposite of the Planet Hollywood and Paris Hotel. It is also very stylish and modern. The casino is not very large, but it can be a good thing, since you would not need to walk a lot before reaching the elevators to the rooms.

We have stayed at one of the” terrace one bedroom” suites and I strongly recommend it. The room was incredibly comfortable and large; with great decoration and super comfortable bed. Terrace one bedrooms also have a balcony, which is not very common in Vegas hotels. The balcony is great for relaxing while watching the fountains. We have stayed at the West wing; which is both silent (away from Marquee day&night club) and had a great view of Bellagio fountains and the Strip.

The hotel also hosts one of the most popular clubs in Vegas: the Marquee. It is mainly attracting the younger crowds and you can register your name in the guest list from the reservation desk or from hotel’s or club’s website. Note that the noise from the club can be a problem, since it is open until 4.a.m. Chandelier is also a trendy bar for people watching.

I have seen many reviews complaining about the problems with the staff, cleaning and the long queues in the check-ins; but we didn’t have any problems regarding these. The hotel also offers good value for money. So I will consider Cosmopolitan as a good option for the next time in Vegas.

Room Tip: If you would like to avoid the noise from Marquee, make sure that you book a room in the upper floor...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!