“Pricey but worth it - get a fountain view.” 4 of 5 stars

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Ranked #30 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado USA
“Pricey but worth it - get a fountain view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Cosmopolitan mid Nov., booked directly via phone at an AAA rate. We booked a terrace studio and were upgraded to fountain view terrace studio at check in at no addtl charge. We checked in around 5 pm Saturday and waited about 20 mins - no biggie. We loved the large balcony in our room, which had 1 small couch on it. It would be nice if they had higher furniture on the balcony, because the glass has a design that obscures the view of the strip when you are sitting. Still, I highly recommend the fountain view if you can get it, even if you have to pay a little more, as it is very cool to have such a great view of the strip and the Bellagio fountain right from your room. Our friends were staying at the 4 seasons and they were impressed with our view, the Chandelier bar, and the way you have to use your room key to access the elevators. We were on the 27th floor and could still hear the thumping from the Marquee nightclub , but it didn’t keep us awake. The kitchen is weird as others noted. A dishwasher but no dishes or silver wear and no coffeemaker? We were on a budget so we brought our own tea bags and some cheap mugs we could leave behind, and just used the microwave for hot water. The mini bar is pricey and we didn’t use it – we were charged for something but they removed it from our bill with no issue. All the hotel pools were closed for the season which is a bummer because the Boulevard pool looks really cool. We did use the SAHRA spa on our last day ($28 for a day pass) and it was really nice. If you buy the day pass for the spa you also get use of the gym, so that’s good. A day pass for the gym only is like $16. We didn't have a car so booked a shuttle to/from the airport thru the hotel - it was $7 per person each way and really easy. The casino/lobby in the hotel is great- it feels pretty chic and modern compared to some of the others we went into. We didn’t make it to the Marquee nightclub in the hotel but saw the line to get in on Saturday and it looks like it would be a blast. I think you have to pay extra to get into it, too - It is definitely a hot spot. Also the hotel has so many restaurants and shops - we felt a little overwhelmed at first but got the hang of it by the 2nd day. Didn’t eat on property. The staff was very nice and helpful, our room was immaculate and serviced daily, and the location of the hotel (center strip, next to the Bellagio) is fantastic. Our room had slippers and robes which was nice. We called “beck and call” twice and it took forever for them to bring what we requested. As others mentioned, the CVS is short walk if you need to pick up anything. Our room was about $250 per night (Saturday was REALLY expensive) but it was worth it for that view from our terrace. On a side note, we saw O at the Bellagio and it was the most amazing show I’ve ever seen. If you have the chance, go see O- it is worth whatever you pay.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
n.c.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Have read alot of reviews of cosmo.. hope their right on!!! My best friend and i did check it out last dec. right after it opened. It looked great and i did win at bj!!!!!!!!!!!! Only played thur and part of fri.!! Flew back to nc fri. redeye!!!!! Will be staying this Dec. in a Terrace Studio View, will advise how it went!!!!!!!! 8th year in vegas!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great place to stay,Very clean,Sexy,Excellent Views,Guys & ladies take my advice if you can
afford it get the corner wrap around suite or the suite with the balcony that faces the strip or the
Bellagio water show.2 bathrooms,2 50 inch TVs,2 couches,jaccussi tub behind the bed,2 sliding
doors that go to the balcony,Guys great room to impress your lady or wife.Ladies a great room
to kick your feet up and hang out on the couches on the balcony.especially at night.

Room Tip: If you can request rooms that are facing the Bellagio water show
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

down for 50th party, first time in Vegas for 25 years. Everything was clean and great service. Only complaint is kinda expensive, but I suppose they charge the going rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was looking forward to staying at this new Marriott Autograph property. I had booked over 60 days in advance a one-bedroom Terrace room and prepaid the three nights. When I arrived, they first tried just to tell me they had no king beds available and would tow queen beds do. I said okay, but I followed up with asking whether I was getting my reserved room category. He looked and finally admitted that I was not and that none was available for the entire weekend. I asked what they were going to do about me not getting the reserved and paid-for room category. He went in back and spoke with a resert manager and returned offering a $100 food and beverage credit. He said that was the best he could do. As it was late, I said fine and decided I would address it further the next day.

I spoke with someone else the next morning, and she said that shw would immediately add $50 to my food and beverage credit. She noted that the earlier agent had only made a notation in my record and did not actually apply any credit to my account. She made the change and also said that the resort manager was busy but she would call me later to respond to my issue about the unavailable room category. She did call me and said that they would send me an email offering a couple of free nights on the next stay or an upgrade on a paid stay.

I waited 10 days and did not receive any communciation so I filed a comment on the Marriott website. They referred it to the hotel and I finally did receive an email with the promised stated offer. I replied back that their response did not make me feel any better about the hotel and did not give me any confidence that I could book and even pay for a room in advance of a specific type and they would deliver. They said that not getting a room type was typical of how Las Vegas resorts work, to which I responded that I had not had that problem at any other of the several that I have used. A guest services upervisor responded to my follow-up that they could not do anything further.

My issue is that, for a property purporting to represent the top end of Marriott, I expected a better response when they could not fulfill my reservation specifications that were booked in advance and paid for in full. They did not acknowledge up front that the room category was not available. They did not reimburse me for the rate differential. And, they did not make me feel that any reservation made for a specifc room category could be fulfilled. I underrstand overbooking, but did nothing to make me feel like I was a valued customer and would be taken care of up front to make up for any changes and disappointment.

I will not go back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Cosmo for 5 nights beginning Oct. 30.2011. We had an ultra-modern room on the 45th floor in the west tower facing the Bellagio fountains. We cannot think of one negative thing to say about our stay there. The housekeeping which we had read previous negative reviews was flawless. the room was high tech, spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. the restaurants were excellent. We recommend the Cosmo and will stay there again on our next visit to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Choose the West Tower for an excellent view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Rooms are huge and well appointed. Our room had a great balcony with fab views The lobby is uber cool. Enjoyed it overall; service was a little spotty at times but I would definitely stay again. The Greek restaurant in the hotel is fabulous but the sushi placevwas mediocre at best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking bellagio
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!