“Lanai Suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Lanai Suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We just got back from a 5 night stay at The Cosmopolitian and when making my reservation 3 months ago I was undecided on which room type to get. We decided to go with The Lanai suite instead of the Wrap Around Terrace Suite. When we arrived our at 10:30am our room was ready so we check in went GREAT!! We got to our room and we instantly thought it was a good choice. After staying there we had VERY FEW COMPLAINTS. First the bad.........the lighting is terrible especially for women because you cant see a thing in the bathroom and it doesnt help that the room is decorated in deep dark colors. The kitchen area table is very high and the bench seating is very low and uncomfortable so if your entertaining its a huge pain!! The sofa which appeared to be large in photos is very small and not to mention useless because you cant lay or sit on it. The TV system upstairs in the bedroom area is operated on a ipad type system and its difficult to figure out. Now the doors.....the doors to go to your lanai weigh about a million pounds and they are soooooo hard to open. The door leading into the room is the same way so that was a huge pain in the but. Going to the Bamboo Pool was simple and worked out great. Just make sure that when you make your reservation that the pool will be open because it closed while we were there because it was the end of the seasons. The Boulvard pool is a simple walk from the Lanai Suites. Now the GREAT.......the service was fabulous!! Housekeeping did a GREAT job everyday!! Room Service always arrived faster then they said it would take when we orderd. The Front desk employees were very prompt and very nice. The entire hotel is very clean and the casino service was fabulous as well!! So all in all we really enjoyed our stay and felt that our $1500.00 a night room was well worth it because we used it alot!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

First I will start with the positive....It is decorated very nicely. The crystals that they have everywhere hanging are beautiful. The view facing the Bellagio from the 54th floor was beautiful.

Now the negatives...

First....we came in for a PGA tournament. When we arrived we got our room key and went up to the 55th floor. First problem....your ears will pop and it threw our heads off as if we were in an airplane. It was horrible. Got to the room, the keys didn't work. When back down the horrible elevator to get new keys....back up and we had 1 bed when we requested 2. Back down and got a new room....back up to the 54th floor and got into the room to see it hadn't even been cleaned yet. Back down again to tell them and they informed us it would get taken care of. We went to dinner and to see the Elvis show...(DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY) went back to the hotel to the room to see it still wasn't cleaned. Went back down, complained...got a $150 food credit...and they finally got us into another room around 12 midnight.

The room: As stated, we had a beautiful view, but the way they set up the room was ridiculous. First, the beds were full size. I do not understand the use of full size beds in hotels at all. We were at Treasure Island for a few days prior to coming to Cosmo and there beds were queens and VERY comfortable. The bathroom is huge! There is a huge shower and tub,& enclosed toilet area. The problem was that there is a huge cut out in the drywall between the bathroom & bedroom. There was a blind there, but if someone is blow drying their hair early...everyone will wake up. There was no way to stop any noise from the bathroom from coming into the bed area. Very stupid design. Also, as we were unpacking, I found a little pink/orange pill laying on the ground. It was none of ours and luckily we didn't have any little kids who could have possibly eaten it. I don't know what it was, but it was obvious they didn't vacuum from the previous people.

We had a big group...about 12 of us...and we went to the French restaurant there. 2 people like their meals. A couple of the men ordered the veal dinner which for men, was more of an appetizer. The restaurant was a joke and I wouldn't waste my money there at all. The selection of food was average. The Bellagio puts on a wonderful dinner buffet and it's right next door.

If you can get past the elevators popping your ears and messing with your head from the speed of it, the noise from the bathroom, and not the best restaurant selections...then this is your place. I would go back to Treasure Island or Bellagio any day over this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Being a creature of habit, I felt that not staying at the Bellagio on this visit to Vegas was in itself a bit of a gamble. However any apprehension soon disappeared with an excellent stay at the Cosmopolitan.

This Hotel is less than a year old and is “hi-tec” all the way. The rooms are fully automated by way of a central control panel on the TV display in which the features such as lighting, air conditioning etc. are controlled by the TV remote. The studio room I stayed in was very large, had excellent views overlooking the side of strip and the balcony was a novel feature.
The casino has a good layout and is not too large : It seems a lot less smokey in comparison to other casinos and the bars have a cool feel to them.

The only negative comment on my stay is the pool areas. These are way too small for a Hotel this size and it would appear that getting a couple of loungers over a weekend would be very difficult indeed unless you are prepared to incur the expenses of cabanas etc. During my stay one of the pools was closed and the other one was completely full by mid morning, although this minor disappointment would not put me off returning.

Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Very Nice room, carpet could have used a cleaning which was a surprise since the hotel has only been open for 10 months.
check the mini bar.. i had a charge and 3 other people at our meeting also had the same thing happen, we all had charges that we didn't even use.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

The almost new Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a stunning hotel with no expense spared in fitting it out. Our studio with terrace was huge, with a great bathroom (separate toilet and shower), spa bath and double vanity with excellent lighting, a large living room with huge flat screen TV, flowing through to the king size bedroom with another flat screen TV, and then onto a spacious terrace with really comforable lounging furniture.Five star plus for style and comfort - no doubt.

The public casino floor is exactly as you would expect of a major Vegas property - glitzy and tacky at the same time. Smoking is allowed, as is wandering aimlessly with all manner of drinks in hand. There is a constant flow of humanity at all hours. Dress codes are loosely enforced to non-existent! There are many bars and restaurants scattered between the first and third floors. Our eating experience at Jaleo (Spanish Tapas) on the second floor was outstanding. The New York pizzeria tucked down a little corridor beside Jaleo is well worth checking out too.

Now to the downsides. Check in was comparatively prompt but no attention was paid to our repeated requests for a quiet room (at time of making the booking, and again on check in).

First issue - under no circumstances stay in a South facing room if you want any peace. The day and night club, Marquee, on the fourteenth floor throbs and pulses from 10 am to 5 am - we were on the 61st of 75 floors and could not use our balcony at all, and even with the double glazed doors closed the noise was unbearable. To the credit of the front desk staff they responded immediately to our complaint after one night and gave us a different room - on the North facing side - with stunning views of the Bellagio fountains and no noise!!!! They obviously have a lot of problems with the noise - I believe it makes almost half the rooms uninhabitable!!

Another criticism was that the studio rooms with terrace were clearly advertised to have a kitchenette with microwave and dishwasher, which influenced our decision to stay there. They do, but there isn't a single dish or electric kettle to make the space functional. When I asked for a couple of mugs and some tea bags I was told that I would have to get them from room service - at a cost (this didn't seem right for a five star property - especially in view of their misleading advertising).

The third problem was the very long queues (first to pay, and then for a table allocation) for the buffet breakfast - there were many free tables but insufficient staff to clean and reset them in order to keep up with very heavy demand. We were there for four days and 3 out of 4 mornings the queue time was about half an hour (there were two conferences in town and the place was packed!) It's fair to note that once you got a table the breakfast/brunch buffet was the best we have ever seen anywhere on our travels!!

Staff were very pleasant and polite, but often just smiled and gave you a firm "I'm sorry but we can't help". For example we offered to have a simple room service breakfast which would have cost the hotel much less than the buffet (which was part of our deal) - but that was too hard! The teabag incident was just another irritant - it would have cost nothing to make us happy and indeed the person we spoke to said they often get the same complaint! Another TA reviewer mentioned that you should register any concerns with the manager if you want action - I would endorse that!

We enjoyed a very reasonable room rate including breakfast - having booked early 2011 not long after the hotel was opened for business. However, had we been paying their current room rate our irritation over the above issues would have been much greater!

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on the South side - it's where the noise from the Marquee club is at its wo...
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas last week for a conference I was working. I was not paying for it since it was work, but I can tell you that it would have been worth every penny and then some even if I were paying. This is one of the best hotels I have EVER stayed in, and I have stayed in an over water bungalow larger than my own house in Bora Bora, so that is saying a lot! The standard rooms are HUGE, and the bathroom was larger than my bedroom at home. Every detail is attended to perfectly, I only wish I could take that room home and turn it into a home, it was beautiful. Most of the rooms have terraces that are very large and offer amazing views of Vegas. I really could not believe how nice the rooms were. The bathrooms are seriously to die for, mine had a jetted tub and a separate shower that was enormous, I definitely got use out of the tub after the long days of working at the conference. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, the staff were friendly and professional and everything was so sparkly, shiny and beautiful, but not cheesy like a lot of the fancy hotels in Vegas. I have to say that for the money, this hotel would totally be worth it! You will be surprised at how large the rooms are, and how beautifully appointed. This hotel had a fab designer that is for sure, the use of textures in this hotel's design scheme is seriously beyond anything I have ever seen at a hotel. The only thing you will want to look out for is the exorbitant amount of money they charge for room service. A couple of pastries and coffee was close to $25, for that amount of money, you could go to the Wicked Spoon, the buffet on the 2nd floor of the hotel and have an entire array of pastries, breakfast, desserts and whatever you want basically. That is the only thing I would watch out for, but what hotel does not charge an arm and a leg for room service? A MUST is the Wicked Spoon Buffet, we ate at 4 different buffets while in Vegas and this was BY FAR the most amazing buffet any of us had ever been to. I cannot explain it, you must go! If you are staying at the Cosmopolitan, be prepared for a serious depression when you return home, as nothing can measure up once you've lived the Cosmopolitan life for a week!

Room Tip: Try the Wicked Spoon Buffet, you will not be disappointed!
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Just returned from a two night stay at the Cosmo with 3 couples. I have been to LV many times before and have stayed at Bellagio, Pallazo, Aria, Venetian, Mirage, and NY. Our Terrace Suite at the Cosmo beat them all! The hotel Lobby is really cool, and the crystal chandeliers everywhere are gorgeous. Check in was easy, though our room wasn't ready until 4:30pm. Service was up to par for a hotel of this size. The suite was amazing! Very large, clean, comfortable bed, balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains, in the West Tower, 33rd floor. I LOVED the shower, it was huge and had a window that overlooked the strip, and a very deep tub inside. The bedroom had a sliding door that could be closed so you didn't hear any noise in the hallway. We spent a day at the pool in the west tower, it was nice but you had to get there right when it opened to get a chair. The Boulevard pool, which is the party pool, was really nice also. Note: you can reserve chairs the day before at the Boulevard pool, which is highly recommended. We ate at two of the restaurants in the hotel.. the Henry for breakfast, and the Wicked Spoon for Brunch. Both very good, but expensive. We did eat at two excellent restaurants for dinner, ONDA at the Mirage, excellent Italian, and BOA in the Forum shops, excellent steakhouse (though I still think I prefer Delmonicos for steak). We visited the spa for massage and facials, it was awesome. We went to see LOVE the Beatles at the Mirage. If you like the Beatles music, which we did, you will love the show.
Can't wait to visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: Request a room in the west tower overlooking the Bellagio Fountains on a high floor. You will hear...