“SEXY HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“SEXY HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is the BEST hotel in Vegas. I recommend this hotel for couples, friends and anyone looking for a good time. There are 3 beautiful pools. The Marquee Day Club pool is FREE to hotel guest until 1pm or 2pm. You just need to present your room key. The rooms are very nice, comfy beds, sexy glass shower. The food is pricey in the hotel but all in all I will stay here on my next visit to Vegas. We stayed on the 55th fl, strip view room with a terrace. Simply amazing!

Room Tip: ask for upgrade upon arrival
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amityville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Cosmopolitan with a friend for a week in September, 2011.
The room type was a studio suite with a balcony. The room was very large (660 square feet) and the balcony was 110 square feet. In the room, the bathroom takes up almost 1/3 of the floor space -it's a very clean and updated bathroom. It was all marble and tile. The bedroom area has a king size bed, two small night stands, a small desk, a storage chest at the foot of the bed, and a wall mounted flat screen television. There was a closet in the bedroom. Note that there is very limited storage space for clothes in the bedroom.
Between the bathroom and bedroom is a very large living room/galley kitchen. (There was storage in a drawer in the kitchen and my travelling companion took advantage of that storage for his clothes.) There was a second flat screen television in the living room area. We could not get that second television to work during our stay.
There is a minibar in the galley kitchen. Each item in the minibar is placed on a storage grid that have sensors to monitor when any item is moved. If you move an item, the sensors will show that you purchased it and it will show up on your bill immediately. Then, you have to call the front desk to work out the issue. (We decided that we wanted to use the minibar to store our own water to keep it cool. For a $25 fee, the front desk will remove all of the items in the minibar and turn off the sensors so that you will not receive the daily charges. I thought that was a bit of unnecessary price gauging.)
We were on the 57th floor. There are more than 70 floors in this hotel. We stayed on the side of the building that faced the hotel's night club and day spa. Warning: The "thump-thump" music starts at 10:30 AM and continues until 4AM. If you are on the side of the building facing club (the east side?), tell the front desk that you immediately want to be in a different room. Don't even bother going upstairs - get the room changed while you are still at the front desk.
Some things to take into account at this hotel -- (1) The hotel authorizes your credit card for $150 per day for your visit (even if you have paid all room charges in advance), and the hotel does not change that policy. There are no daily refunds given for the credit authorization. For my entire stay, the hotel tied up over $1000 on my credit card.
(2) Make sure you check your bill frequently for this hotel. If you pre-pay your room (like through a travel agent, expedia, orbitz, travelocity, etc.), the hotel will attempt to rebill you for the nightly room cost. The front desk did that every night of my stay, and it had to be fixed every single day. (This required 15-20 minutes on the hotel every day. Make certain that you keep your pre-paid receipt from your travel provider since you will need it every time there is a problem.)
(3) Room service and housekeeping are completely different departments, and one does not know what the other one is doing. If you have ordered room service, you have to call room service to come and take the tray away: housekeeping wil not move it. You can't just leave the tray in the hallway or it will sit there all day and night. On every occasion where we had a tray in the room, we had to carry/wheel the tray over to the "staff room" on the floor so that it would finally be taken away.
(4) The casino in the hotel is non-descript. It felt like it was an add-on. I can't give an exact reason, but I felt uncomfortable gambling in this casino.
(5) There are plenty of restaurants in this hotel, but no real night-life (other than the night club with the "thump-thump music).
(6) This hotel caters to a "hip, young crowd". At 48 years old, I felt a little out-of-place. Despite the room size, I think I would have been happier at one of the more established hotels on the strip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were in Las Vegas for one night only and fancied staying somewhere nice and new. The Cosmopolitan did not disappoint. We booked a 1 bedroom terrace room and was on level 67. We were offered a view of the Bellagio for an extra $25, but did not take up this offer as we planned on heading down to see the water fountain display anyway. The room was huge with kitchen area, lounge, massive bed, wonderful bathroom with tub overlooking strip and glass shower and a massive balcony. You get complimentary wifi and the room has lots of mod cons and gadgets which my boyfriend amused himself with. We went to one of the pools and found plenty of sun loungers, not to mention lots of people in skimpy bikinis - again, something my boyfriend amused himself watching! The hotel has lots of wonderful bars including the two floor chandelier bar and casino. We had a great 1 night stay at the hotel and were not disappointed. The only thing that I did not like is the size of the hotel, but that is pretty much the norm in Las Vegas, so could not complain. I would recommend this hotel and had a great stay. We also went to see a show called Absinthe, which is like Cirque du Soleil with an edge, which was amazing and probably the best thing about Vegas for me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here with 10 friends for a vow renewal. I was a bit apprehensive due to the reviews I saw on Tripadvisor but took a gamble because it's the only hotel in Vegas with balconies. We ended up upgrading to the wrap around suite which was AMAZING. It's the best room we've ever stayed in and right in the heart of the Strip.

We breezed right through check in and Sara was the best check in host ever. She offered us the upgrade right away and took the time to connect the reservations for everyone in our group so we were all on the same floor. We got into our room right away.

The room was basically like a one bedroom apartment. It had a full kitchen, a living and dining area, a guest bathroom with full shower and a separate bedroom with a shower, huge tub and enclosed bathroom so someone can go #1 and #2 while the other person is showering. We had a view facing the Bellagio so we could see the water show and hear the music. The best thing about this corner of the hotel (in the eastside tower) was that one part of the balcony was shaded all the time and the other side of the balcony got sun.

I saw someone commented that you pay to go to the pool which isn't entirely true. One of the days we got a cabana at the Marquee club which is a charge but the second day we went to the Boulevard pool and sat on chairs on the second level for no charge. It is true that at the Boulevard pool you have to pay for the large couches right on the pool but there are areas that you can sit in with no charge like any other pool. Go to the Marquee if you want a party atmosphere and the Boulevard if you want to chill out.

We ate at Blue Ribbon one night and the sushi was excellent, try the beef tongue. It doesn't sound like most people's #1 choice but it is to die for. The casino is fun like any other but they do a good job of getting the smoke out of there and the cocktail waitresses come around quite often.

The only constructive criticism I have is of housekeeping. I've read this a lot on tripadvisor and we had similar types of experiences. I'm not sure what the issue was but when we checked in we didn't have bath slippers and our mini bar and snack bar hadn't been refilled. I called down right away because I didn't want to get charged. We also got back to our room one day at 2pm and housekeeping hadn't been there yet so we just bypassed it that day since we were having people over at 4:30pm and didn't have time for them to clean our room. Our friends also had an issue with broken glass in their room when they checked in and it took housekeeping over an hour to get in there to clean it up, they also had no bath slippers. Basically make sure to check that you have everything in place that you could be charged for.

However, I will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for eastside tower with view of the Bellagio, you have a beautiful view of the fountains and can...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

This hotel is a real mixed bag but given the volume of competition we wont be going back.
Room was really chic and high tech. We paid for a one bedroom suite but didnt get one as they were apparently sold out. Still got a good room, high in the tower overelooking the bellagio fountains so we were happy. FYI there is very little difference between the studios and the on bedroom rooms - the latter have a partition that you wouldnt use.
Pool areas were very busy and cramped. lots of trash left all around the pool area. Getting service at your bed was really hit and miss.
Spa was a highlight - lovely place. We checked out and used the facilities for the rest of the day including locker for USD25.
You really shouldnt have to pay to use the gym in a luxury hotel. And it was far too hot in there.
Worst part was the majority of other guests. Often not a nice vibe around the place. Jersey Shore clients seem to like this place. One day police were kn our floor removing people from their room.
Its a good choice if you're 19-24 I think and you can get a good deal. Otherwise four seasons is the way to go in vegas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

All I can say is that this hotel exceeded my expectations. loved the hotel room. So much attention to detail. No smell of smoke. As elegant as most 5 star hotel rooms. Cannot wait to stay again, and I wasn't even there on vacation.

Also loved the spa. Great employee moral is evident.

• Stayed August 2011
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

So, I seems like there is a real disconnect between the front of house/ casino/ club staff and behind the scenes staff. This is what I mean. The Staff at the chek-in counter were happy, accommodating and very presentable. Security was very efficient and polite. The wait staff at each restaurant/bar was terrific. The house keeping staff on the other hand was awful. My room still had garbage on the floor from the guests before. The bed had impressions on it like someone had been laying on it. The toiletries had not been replaced, no shampoo or soap. After having a meeting in my room I called house keeping to get it re-made. The person on the line said someone would be right there. 4 hours later no one had arrived. I had a conversation with a bellhop and had commented about the dirty room to him. His response once that in the future I should book not on the lower floors, anything below 30th. He told me that those rooms are the cheap rooms and not the priority of the hotel. Luckily I did not pay for my room, but have learned that my company paid $500/night, these should not be low priority. That been said my room 2736 had cigarette burns allover the floor. The hotel has not been open a year yet. Shame on them.
All in All, there is a huge up side to stay at the Cosmopolitan. It has an amazing vibe and hipness I have never seen in Vegas. People are dress to the nines and are having a lot fun. If you want to party hard, this is one of the best places to be.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!