“We had a great time and will definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix, Arizona
“We had a great time and will definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

The rooms were amazing the bed was separted from the sitting area so it was very comfortable to sit and have drinks before we went out.
I loved all the crystal chandeliers throughout the hotel.
It was very trendy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Great hotel, wonderful location. Highly recommend the Wicked Spoon buffet, not your typical Las Vegas buffet. Rooms were clean and spacious. The best club in Vegas is in the hotel, so the weekends are super busy... enjoy! :)

Room Tip: book premium view for Bellagio fountains view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I loved this hotel since the moment I entered the lobby. The decoration is retro but super chic and there's something in the air that always smell sweet and delicious. The service at the front desk was awesome, very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious, they have a living room and what I loved the most was the bath tub.
There's a tapa's bar called "Jaleo" that serves great Spanish food and amazing sangria and the nightclub "Marquee" is also a must when you stay at the hotel. No waiting line and no cover charge if you are a hotel guest :)
I would definitely stay again at this hotel!

Room Tip: ask for the fountain's view (Bellagio)
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan in June 2011. 3 Nights in 1 Bed Suite 58th floor, East Tower Room 99 - after long driving trip in Wyoming.
Put simply this is a very good hotel with the potential to be the best value in Las Vegas given its location and newness.

Pro's:
Location Location Location: Unbeatable if you want to be in the centre of the action and have a great view. Good access to the Bellagio fountains, City Center and Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood.
Views and Balcony: A balcony in Vegas! Brilliant and with a room having a view of the Fountains I would argue there isn't a better view in the whole city.
Access: Easy carpark access in and out of strip. If you stay in the East Tower most of the rooms are within 50 paces of the lifts and you are less than 100 paces to the strip from the lifts. For anyone who has hiked the miles of corridors and casino floor from other major hotels will understand how useful this is.
Latest and Greatest: Most technologically advanced room I have stayed in. Not problematic either. Smart design that has real Vegas Style appeal to it.

Cons:
There were two major issues which in effect are 1. I booked over internet and speciically booked a premium view room expecting to get a view of Bellagio Fountains as advertised. Be aware that the upper floor rooms looking south (no Fountains) are also considered premium view rooms by the hotel - a laughable situation under any circumstances. Late night check in staff were also slow slow slow (ridiculously so) and when I specifically asked about the view of fountains room they failed to advise me of the no fountain view room and promptly stuck me in it. This at the time was a huge disappointment and a significant failure by staff. Fortunately a quick call was greeted with apologies and the next day I was transferred to new room with view of Fountains. Staff on his occasion (daytime) were much better.

This entire negative could be simply resolved by clarifying "fountain View" over premium view.

With this one exception I can't but praise the hotel. Fantastic view, location and access at a good price. Not the cheapest but surely one of the best for the average punter.

Room Tip: Get a fountain view and not vi
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I booked for our anniversary through our travel agent. We stayed at the Vdara last year and thought we would try another newly built hotel. We telephoned 2 weeks prior to our stay and specifically requested the West Tower for a quiet stay as we had read on Trip Advisor that the East Tower was very noisy.

We arrived at 1:30 in the morning and were told by an arrogant 20 something male desk attendant that we were booked into the opposite tower to what we had been promised. He actually rolled his eyes when my husband politely told him that we had booked a quiet room with a balcony. We walked through a crowded and smoky casino to find the elevator to our room. The directions reminded me of National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation! Walking into the room was like being trapped in front of a speaker at a rock concert. We could not speak to each other without yelling. Back to the desk we go, and were offered an upgrade to the quiet tower (which we had already pre-paid in advance) for only $175.00 for EACH of the 4 nights. Unbelievable! They were offering us a downgraded suite with no balcony without financial compensation or pay an extra 700 dollars for what we were supposed to have!

To make a long story short, a bell hop named Dan who came to carry our luggage during our downgrade to the quiet tower saved our stay. He talked to his manager and we were given the room we had booked through our travel agent the next day. No apology from management for the inconvenience.

I did hear a roumour that this property was bankrupt. No wonder considering the service. No way this hotel should be 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

First, I will stay here again.....I loved the room.....the design, amenities, balcony and the views....I loved the total "vibe/ambiance" of the hotel....great location too......my dinner at "Stk" was excellent....food/beverage/service and atmosphere......an amazing massage and OK facial at the spa.....but there were a few issues.....I noticed a broken blind on one of my windows upon arrival....I pointed this out to the bellman....he said he would call me back in 5 minutes to confirm that it had been reported for repair.....he never called....it was never fixed.....(closed the whole time).....I sent a few items out for laundry service at 7:20 AM (to be returned by 5 PM)...still hadn't got them back at check out....when I inquired again...they were returned in the same bag.....not cleaned.....("they said they had called you to tell you they couldn't get your laundry done" - they didn't).....the first night I rolled over in the bed and felt something by my leg.....an empty condom wrapper (Magnum XL - not mine).....I inspected the bedding....it appeared clean.....I didn't want to call anyone....I was very tired........at check out.....(3:30 AM)......I was told the computers were down and they couldn't check me out....but would when they came back on line around 6 AM.....they wrote down my email address and said they would send me a copy of the bill....I still haven't received it......so there were some service issues.....the staff was always very nice....(at check in there were many lines and lots of people waiting to check in....but my front desk person walked around the desk and greeted me in line and took me to the desk for check in....a very nice touch......I noticed a few others did this....most just nodded their heads to give the guest the "come on over".....so....I'll try them again....the positives out weigh the negatives.

Tulemar Dave

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have stayed on the strip before and by far this was the best hotel we have stayed at. They are definitely service oriented and provide the best of the best. The room was amazing and we had no problems with the room being cleaned.

The Boulevard pool was nice but they have loud music so it was more of a party atmosphere which is excellent for those who are looking for that! The Bamboo pool had more soothing music and was a more relaxed atmosphere - we spent most our time there. The issue I had with the pools is that there is a lot of reserved areas for the beds. There was just a lot less availability and it can be difficult to find seating.

Once we checked out we became aware that we had the ability to enter the Marquee day club with free admission while we stayed at the hotel. - Good information to know before we were checking out. Again very minor issue.

This hotel was excellent and is always very busy and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!