“Great Hotel - But be aware.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy A Night On Us
Ranked #34 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Perth, Australia
“Great Hotel - But be aware.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed at the Cosmopolitan in June 2011. 3 Nights in 1 Bed Suite 58th floor, East Tower Room 99 - after long driving trip in Wyoming.
Put simply this is a very good hotel with the potential to be the best value in Las Vegas given its location and newness.

Pro's:
Location Location Location: Unbeatable if you want to be in the centre of the action and have a great view. Good access to the Bellagio fountains, City Center and Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood.
Views and Balcony: A balcony in Vegas! Brilliant and with a room having a view of the Fountains I would argue there isn't a better view in the whole city.
Access: Easy carpark access in and out of strip. If you stay in the East Tower most of the rooms are within 50 paces of the lifts and you are less than 100 paces to the strip from the lifts. For anyone who has hiked the miles of corridors and casino floor from other major hotels will understand how useful this is.
Latest and Greatest: Most technologically advanced room I have stayed in. Not problematic either. Smart design that has real Vegas Style appeal to it.

Cons:
There were two major issues which in effect are 1. I booked over internet and speciically booked a premium view room expecting to get a view of Bellagio Fountains as advertised. Be aware that the upper floor rooms looking south (no Fountains) are also considered premium view rooms by the hotel - a laughable situation under any circumstances. Late night check in staff were also slow slow slow (ridiculously so) and when I specifically asked about the view of fountains room they failed to advise me of the no fountain view room and promptly stuck me in it. This at the time was a huge disappointment and a significant failure by staff. Fortunately a quick call was greeted with apologies and the next day I was transferred to new room with view of Fountains. Staff on his occasion (daytime) were much better.

This entire negative could be simply resolved by clarifying "fountain View" over premium view.

With this one exception I can't but praise the hotel. Fantastic view, location and access at a good price. Not the cheapest but surely one of the best for the average punter.

Room Tip: Get a fountain view and not vi
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,063)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I booked for our anniversary through our travel agent. We stayed at the Vdara last year and thought we would try another newly built hotel. We telephoned 2 weeks prior to our stay and specifically requested the West Tower for a quiet stay as we had read on Trip Advisor that the East Tower was very noisy.

We arrived at 1:30 in the morning and were told by an arrogant 20 something male desk attendant that we were booked into the opposite tower to what we had been promised. He actually rolled his eyes when my husband politely told him that we had booked a quiet room with a balcony. We walked through a crowded and smoky casino to find the elevator to our room. The directions reminded me of National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation! Walking into the room was like being trapped in front of a speaker at a rock concert. We could not speak to each other without yelling. Back to the desk we go, and were offered an upgrade to the quiet tower (which we had already pre-paid in advance) for only $175.00 for EACH of the 4 nights. Unbelievable! They were offering us a downgraded suite with no balcony without financial compensation or pay an extra 700 dollars for what we were supposed to have!

To make a long story short, a bell hop named Dan who came to carry our luggage during our downgrade to the quiet tower saved our stay. He talked to his manager and we were given the room we had booked through our travel agent the next day. No apology from management for the inconvenience.

I did hear a roumour that this property was bankrupt. No wonder considering the service. No way this hotel should be 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

First, I will stay here again.....I loved the room.....the design, amenities, balcony and the views....I loved the total "vibe/ambiance" of the hotel....great location too......my dinner at "Stk" was excellent....food/beverage/service and atmosphere......an amazing massage and OK facial at the spa.....but there were a few issues.....I noticed a broken blind on one of my windows upon arrival....I pointed this out to the bellman....he said he would call me back in 5 minutes to confirm that it had been reported for repair.....he never called....it was never fixed.....(closed the whole time).....I sent a few items out for laundry service at 7:20 AM (to be returned by 5 PM)...still hadn't got them back at check out....when I inquired again...they were returned in the same bag.....not cleaned.....("they said they had called you to tell you they couldn't get your laundry done" - they didn't).....the first night I rolled over in the bed and felt something by my leg.....an empty condom wrapper (Magnum XL - not mine).....I inspected the bedding....it appeared clean.....I didn't want to call anyone....I was very tired........at check out.....(3:30 AM)......I was told the computers were down and they couldn't check me out....but would when they came back on line around 6 AM.....they wrote down my email address and said they would send me a copy of the bill....I still haven't received it......so there were some service issues.....the staff was always very nice....(at check in there were many lines and lots of people waiting to check in....but my front desk person walked around the desk and greeted me in line and took me to the desk for check in....a very nice touch......I noticed a few others did this....most just nodded their heads to give the guest the "come on over".....so....I'll try them again....the positives out weigh the negatives.

Tulemar Dave

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have stayed on the strip before and by far this was the best hotel we have stayed at. They are definitely service oriented and provide the best of the best. The room was amazing and we had no problems with the room being cleaned.

The Boulevard pool was nice but they have loud music so it was more of a party atmosphere which is excellent for those who are looking for that! The Bamboo pool had more soothing music and was a more relaxed atmosphere - we spent most our time there. The issue I had with the pools is that there is a lot of reserved areas for the beds. There was just a lot less availability and it can be difficult to find seating.

Once we checked out we became aware that we had the ability to enter the Marquee day club with free admission while we stayed at the hotel. - Good information to know before we were checking out. Again very minor issue.

This hotel was excellent and is always very busy and I would definitely stay there again!

North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

Hotel was full of young punks and hoodlums. Bad behavior everywhere you went. Security at hotel seemed non-existent. Hotel entrance and lobby had a horrible stench that smelled like garbage rotting in the hot sun. Check in process was slow as they were re-entering everyone's information. Rooms were nice but were not enough to overcome all the negatives. Will not come back.

• Stayed June 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I recently stayed at The Cosmo Hotel in Las Vegas and let me tell you, this hotel as a product is amazing. The decor, atmosphere and property in general is fabulous but is completely let down by the Front Desk Staff, the noise from the nightclub and housekeeping. WARNING to all International guests, your breakfast is not free and when they tell you that you have a $50 credit per day to spend in any food and beverage outlet this is also a lie and you will be faced with a nice bill upon checkout. Dont bother arguing with the extremely rude and arrogant staff as they will just tell you tough luck and have a nice day. Lana Le the Resort Manager is the rudest member of staff that I have ever encountered, she was unhelpful and very arrogant and I am surprised that a hotel of this standard employes her. Note to the GM of this hotel, your Front Office staff and general check-in is very bad and lets your fabulous product down. We had to stand in line for 30 minutes after flying 10 hours to get to Vegas and then the check-in process took 25 minutes and we were given completely the wrong information about our package. The rooms you can not fault, they are great and the bathroom is amazing. Again you are let down by the slack housekeeping (when they feel like coming) and also the noise. We had a room in the East Tower that looked over the Marquee nightclub and although we ourselves like to party, a break from the constant boom boom boom would have been nice especially at midnight to 5 am when you are trying to get some sleep or during the day when you fancy a break from the heat! oh and by the way, if you do want to go to the 'Day Club' (basically another pool in the hotel) you have to spend a certain amount on beverages and pay an extra $50 to use a sunlounger - yes in the hotel that you have already paid to stay in?!?!?

On a positive note, the other pools, restaurants, bars and gambling areas are great and worked well for the six of us. We could always get a sunlounger when we wanted and the pool staff are very friendly and helpful. The Wicked Spoon buffet is great although a bit of a mission to get there if you are staying in the East Tower.

This is the first tripadvisor review that I have ever written, usually I dont bother if I have a compliant but on this occasion I felt justifyed to give my opinion as I honestly couldnt believe how I was spoken to upon check-out which then made me mad about the smaller things that usually I would have grumbled in private about. Having stayed in 6 different hotels in Vegas, this is the nicest product but given the service and general bad attitude, I probably wouldnt want to return, there are older hotels on the strip that may not be as pretty but have the customer service down to a fine art!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isnt overlooking the nightclub
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Like many people, I was hesitant to stay here after all the mixed reviews, but I was so glad that I did. We checked in on a Monday morning and our room was ready at 9:00 am. When we got the room, one of the TVs did not work, so we called Beck & Call. Within 3 minutes, a repairman was in our room to reset the cable. (He must've been on our floor, but regardless, he was quick.) The TVs worked perfectly after that. The Boulevard Pool was great - a very "chill" atmosphere. The pool is very shallow, so it allows you to lay around and have a drink while soaking in the sun. The staff around the pool were amazing and kept the pool clean. Anytime there was an empty bottle or clean plate, it was picked up within minutes. When we were in the pool, the staff straightened out our towels, added ice to our ice bucket, straightened out our magazines, etc. Holsteins's and Wicked Spoon were great - a little pricey, but so is everything else in Vegas. There is no need to leave this hotel. Everything you need is within it. I would highly recommend The Cosmopolitan and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!