“Great design/decor/views/ambiance but had a few issues.....” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas to your Saves list
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Ranked #29 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
“Great design/decor/views/ambiance but had a few issues.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

First, I will stay here again.....I loved the room.....the design, amenities, balcony and the views....I loved the total "vibe/ambiance" of the hotel....great location too......my dinner at "Stk" was excellent....food/beverage/service and atmosphere......an amazing massage and OK facial at the spa.....but there were a few issues.....I noticed a broken blind on one of my windows upon arrival....I pointed this out to the bellman....he said he would call me back in 5 minutes to confirm that it had been reported for repair.....he never called....it was never fixed.....(closed the whole time).....I sent a few items out for laundry service at 7:20 AM (to be returned by 5 PM)...still hadn't got them back at check out....when I inquired again...they were returned in the same bag.....not cleaned.....("they said they had called you to tell you they couldn't get your laundry done" - they didn't).....the first night I rolled over in the bed and felt something by my leg.....an empty condom wrapper (Magnum XL - not mine).....I inspected the bedding....it appeared clean.....I didn't want to call anyone....I was very tired........at check out.....(3:30 AM)......I was told the computers were down and they couldn't check me out....but would when they came back on line around 6 AM.....they wrote down my email address and said they would send me a copy of the bill....I still haven't received it......so there were some service issues.....the staff was always very nice....(at check in there were many lines and lots of people waiting to check in....but my front desk person walked around the desk and greeted me in line and took me to the desk for check in....a very nice touch......I noticed a few others did this....most just nodded their heads to give the guest the "come on over".....so....I'll try them again....the positives out weigh the negatives.

Tulemar Dave

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We have stayed on the strip before and by far this was the best hotel we have stayed at. They are definitely service oriented and provide the best of the best. The room was amazing and we had no problems with the room being cleaned.

The Boulevard pool was nice but they have loud music so it was more of a party atmosphere which is excellent for those who are looking for that! The Bamboo pool had more soothing music and was a more relaxed atmosphere - we spent most our time there. The issue I had with the pools is that there is a lot of reserved areas for the beds. There was just a lot less availability and it can be difficult to find seating.

Once we checked out we became aware that we had the ability to enter the Marquee day club with free admission while we stayed at the hotel. - Good information to know before we were checking out. Again very minor issue.

This hotel was excellent and is always very busy and I would definitely stay there again!

North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel was full of young punks and hoodlums. Bad behavior everywhere you went. Security at hotel seemed non-existent. Hotel entrance and lobby had a horrible stench that smelled like garbage rotting in the hot sun. Check in process was slow as they were re-entering everyone's information. Rooms were nice but were not enough to overcome all the negatives. Will not come back.

• Stayed June 2011
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I recently stayed at The Cosmo Hotel in Las Vegas and let me tell you, this hotel as a product is amazing. The decor, atmosphere and property in general is fabulous but is completely let down by the Front Desk Staff, the noise from the nightclub and housekeeping. WARNING to all International guests, your breakfast is not free and when they tell you that you have a $50 credit per day to spend in any food and beverage outlet this is also a lie and you will be faced with a nice bill upon checkout. Dont bother arguing with the extremely rude and arrogant staff as they will just tell you tough luck and have a nice day. Lana Le the Resort Manager is the rudest member of staff that I have ever encountered, she was unhelpful and very arrogant and I am surprised that a hotel of this standard employes her. Note to the GM of this hotel, your Front Office staff and general check-in is very bad and lets your fabulous product down. We had to stand in line for 30 minutes after flying 10 hours to get to Vegas and then the check-in process took 25 minutes and we were given completely the wrong information about our package. The rooms you can not fault, they are great and the bathroom is amazing. Again you are let down by the slack housekeeping (when they feel like coming) and also the noise. We had a room in the East Tower that looked over the Marquee nightclub and although we ourselves like to party, a break from the constant boom boom boom would have been nice especially at midnight to 5 am when you are trying to get some sleep or during the day when you fancy a break from the heat! oh and by the way, if you do want to go to the 'Day Club' (basically another pool in the hotel) you have to spend a certain amount on beverages and pay an extra $50 to use a sunlounger - yes in the hotel that you have already paid to stay in?!?!?

On a positive note, the other pools, restaurants, bars and gambling areas are great and worked well for the six of us. We could always get a sunlounger when we wanted and the pool staff are very friendly and helpful. The Wicked Spoon buffet is great although a bit of a mission to get there if you are staying in the East Tower.

This is the first tripadvisor review that I have ever written, usually I dont bother if I have a compliant but on this occasion I felt justifyed to give my opinion as I honestly couldnt believe how I was spoken to upon check-out which then made me mad about the smaller things that usually I would have grumbled in private about. Having stayed in 6 different hotels in Vegas, this is the nicest product but given the service and general bad attitude, I probably wouldnt want to return, there are older hotels on the strip that may not be as pretty but have the customer service down to a fine art!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isnt overlooking the nightclub
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Like many people, I was hesitant to stay here after all the mixed reviews, but I was so glad that I did. We checked in on a Monday morning and our room was ready at 9:00 am. When we got the room, one of the TVs did not work, so we called Beck & Call. Within 3 minutes, a repairman was in our room to reset the cable. (He must've been on our floor, but regardless, he was quick.) The TVs worked perfectly after that. The Boulevard Pool was great - a very "chill" atmosphere. The pool is very shallow, so it allows you to lay around and have a drink while soaking in the sun. The staff around the pool were amazing and kept the pool clean. Anytime there was an empty bottle or clean plate, it was picked up within minutes. When we were in the pool, the staff straightened out our towels, added ice to our ice bucket, straightened out our magazines, etc. Holsteins's and Wicked Spoon were great - a little pricey, but so is everything else in Vegas. There is no need to leave this hotel. Everything you need is within it. I would highly recommend The Cosmopolitan and can't wait to go back!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I and 4 freinds stayed at the Cosmo for 6 nights in June.
I'd been avidly reading Trip Advisor, and was very wary of all the bad reviews.
On check in we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff. I started by saying that we would like a room overlooking the fountains. Unfortunately, the type of room we'd booked was not available on that side, but he immediatley offered us a one bedroom on that side at no extra cost. This would not be available for a while, and after reading that some people didn't get in their rooms for hours, we were reluctant to wait. Then he offered us an upgrade to a wraparound suite,which we had to pay a nominal amount for. We thought this seemed like a good deal, so said yes.
Well all I can say is WOW! I've never seen such an amazing suite,with the biggest balcony which looked over 2 aspects. Everything about the rooms is of the best quality and finish. Our friends arrived the next day, and unfortunately didn't get offered the same deal, but their rooms were just as nice.
The pools were lovely, we were in the East tower, so used the Boulevard pool most days. Be warned, it's not for swimming in. A large part of it is very shallow, you can lay and sunbathe laying on the bottom. In the heat of the day, this was a nice way to cool down.
We were up early every day, but by about 8.45am, the free beds all round the pool were taken. It is possible to pay and reserve some of the beds, but I gather this is very expensive. One day this pool was closed as there was a band performing there that evening. This seemed a bit odd,they'd drained the pool by 8am, but we went to the Bamboo pool in the West tower instead. That was really nice, a little less space but a deeper pool.
The whole place is stunning.
The bars were beautiful, Bond, Chandelier ,Vesper all great.
The Wicked Spoon Buffet was fantastic. It was also another perk of our upgrade to eat breakfast free there every day. It's well worth paying for though.
We ate at Holsteins, which was great, but China Poblamo got the thumbs down. Quite small portions of some things, and that's unheard of in the U.S. in our experience,(we're from U.K.). Not good value, and a very confusing menu.
I will definatley stay at the Cosmopolitan again. It's not too big, so has an intimate feel. I would also be happy to stay in the Westside Tower. It really isn't far from casino, and the pool is nice.
One of our friends had not made sure to ask for a room not facing the Marquee Club, and they could here the music till late,although it didn't keep them awake. This is only a problem in the Eastside tower.
We're all in our forties, and didn't feel out of place. It's a great hotel for all ages.

Room Tip: Get to the pool early.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife and I arrived for a three night stay on 20th. June. Reception was great, we were offered an upgrade at a reasonable cost and accepted. We explained that we had a late flight on the Thursday of leaving and our receptionist indicated that we could have the room until 1.30pm, which he noted, he further indicated that we should visit reception on the day of leaving to try and extend this. He also entered into the system that we were entitled to a complimentary breakfast each day.
The hotel is very smart with a good deal of 'high tech'. Light switches are all over the place in rooms and not always easy to find which operates which light. The tv system also activates this function, but the handset would noy always work so it was a scramble to find the appropriate light switch.
The room itself was well furnished and very comfortable, however, although we set the air con for 65 the lowest room temperature we could achieve was 75* - far too hot in the conditions.
Breakfasts were very good again the hotel let itself down badly on service. On the last morning we had to queue for about 15 minutes as part of the restaurant was closed, when we asked why we were informed that the staff in that section were on a break. While I fully support staff comforts surely at 9.30am managers should ensure that the facility of a breakfast restaurant is operating fully. Certainly not a 5 star performance. Although it was acknowledged that our breakfasts were complimentary they had to be invoiced ane we were told that they would automatically be deleted from the bill at departure.
On our last mornig I visited the front desk to enquire about a possible later departure. I was told that 12md was the latest possible. In view of what I had been told on arrival I asked to see a Manager. This person insisted that 1pm was the latest she was prepared to offer although she did say I could pay for another full day. She simply would not believe that I had already been informed of a later time on my arrival. In short she suggested I was lying. A more senior manager was eventually summoned, he insisted taht the hotel was full and thus he could not extend further [surprising when I had been told that I could pay for another full day]. His junior sttod and glared at me with utter contempt during the conversation, afact I commented upon at which her manager asked her to leave. Again My comments about agreements at arrival were disregarded, although when i promised further complaints our room was made available until 3pm.
I was then directed to a series of screens to enable me to confirm flights/print boarding cards etc. - you've guessed it none of them worked. I treid to book out via the tv in my room, but this was not possible as the final bill was incorrect, yes the breakfasts had been charged.
Still happily things got better weh I returned to reception. I was met by the person who had originally booked us in. He corrected evrything. He agreed with the original time that he had given me and insisted that it had been entered on the computer system he also confirmed that he had properly entered the complimentary breakfasts. I came away with the feeling that he was far better at customer service than his line managers who need some serious traning.
Overall a smart.upmarket hotel the fabric is good but it is seriously compromised by staff who are prepared to treat customers with comtempt.
We had use of a kitchen area but no knives spoons, plates etc were provided and we only discovered that these had to be requested from staff - pity no comment was made in the room via a notice or perhaps on the tv menu system. Although the room was clean the 'trash' was not emptied until the last day. In the heat this could have been a real problem.

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!