“Incredible Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Gainesville, FL
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We stayed at the Cosmopolitan for 4 nights this week and the experience was astounding. The hotel is new and shows it. The room was superb - huge with a beautiful balcony. Bed was very comfortable, the bathroom gigantic and the living room area a plus. Free internet. The Cosmo is quite different from the other huge hotels on the strip - the concept is "vertical," in other words, where the other sprawling resorts have the casino, restaurants and shops all on a single floor, the Cosmo has them on three. No problem there! The hotel is right next to the Bellagio so it is situated right in the middle of the action. The staff was amazing, truly. The free drinks while gambling were excellent (you could get anything you wanted and they were strong!). Our only complaint was the check in - the room was not ready at 3 p.m. Seems as if the Memorial Day weekend crowd was huge so this part was slow. Other than that we highly recommend the Cosmopolitan to anyone who wants to experience an outstanding stay. Would stay there again in a heart beat! We saw Gladys Knight at the Tropicana (WOW!) and also Cirque de Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio (breathtaking). Red Rock Canyon as well (this is a must for anyone going to Las Vegas - just rent a car for the day at the airport - $39). Buffets at MGM (super) and Aria (so-so). Dinner at Circo (Bellagio) - wonderful. Cafe Nikki at the Tropicana (very fine). The lions at MGM is a must see. First time in Vegas - will be going back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The Cosmo has been reviewed ad nauseum so I will make this one brief.
This hotel has a feminine flair, lots of women everywhere, hip atmosphere, fun day club, popular night club (long lines).
Great location, good restaurants, good spa, beautiful rooms (I had a suite, could hear noise from clubs and street well into the wee wee hours).
Not recommended for families with children, couples, older people.
Not recommended for bargain hunting, everything at the hotel is on the expensive side (in room breakfast for two runs $100)
The service is adequate but not spectacular, this is not a white glove luxury property.
Perfect Vegas spot if you are single, young, good looking and carry some cash.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony suites over the Bellagio fountain
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I have been to Vegas several times and have been to three different hotels. MGM, The Venetian and The Cosmopolitan. I will list The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good
The hotel is beautiful once you arrive inside you will be awestruck by the amount art in the building. Front desk check in was prompt and I did not have to wait longer than 10 minutes. The restaurants are good. I didn't try The Henry or Holsteins restaurant because the menu was not varied and not to my likes it just has hamburgers and fries. I ate at STK, Estario Milos, The Wicked Spoon Buffet, and China Poblano. The restaurants except The Henry and Holsteins are varied and good. When a problem was encountered with housekeeping or service it was fixed immediately. They are still in their learning stages and need some feedback and it would help if they did a survey from their guests. Everyone was polite and congenial. The room layout is useful, and light and airy. Some other people have commented on the decor being tacky but to me this is typical of new boutique hotels. The technology features of the room, IPod hookup, and TV are great. The bars are spectacular with the views of the Chandelier. It has three levels in the center of the hotel. The Casino was small but you had varied table games and the dealers were the friendliest I have seen while being in Vegas. I had a great time while being there. Room service was great and on time, but more expensive than other hotels on Vegas.

The Bad,

Bell Service for our bags with check in was slow, I think this is because they are still trying to figure how to schedule enough people to the amount of guests. Housekeepers
are friendly, but the management needs to give a checklist to them. I had a couple of issues with housekeeping but all were fixed by calling them. One day I had a sign which I put please clean room at 2pm and the room was never cleaned. I called them at 5pm and they did send someone up. The other problem was not enough washcloths, my call was quickly responded. The other problem was with my identity membership mix up. I signed up online before check in and I was told that I could use my room card for the membership, but when I went to the bar I was told I needed an additional card to use. Once again a call fixed the problem. When opening the fridge, you will get charged for the minibar due to items moving. Once again the charge was immediately credited to my account. The salon is short staffed and when I wanted to make a appointment I could not be accommodated but Anthony at the salon made arrangements for another Salon next door to the hotel. Thanks Anthony !.

The Ugly,

Our room was in the East tower and facing the Marquee Pool it was very beautiful but noisy due to being in close proximity to the club. This didn't bother me or my guests as I am a sound sleeper and noise doesn't bother me. The other problem was I made reservations for a Cabana at the Bamboo Pool a day prior and when I got to the pool the next day the reservation was not listed plus I was quoted another price. This was fixed when I talked to the manager. One restaurant I called to change the time of the reservation and when I arrived there they never acknowledged that this was done, but they made a attempt to accommodate large table of 6.

To fix the problems they need more written material in the room for prices of Cabanas usage of ipod hookups and room features. They also need more staff for housekeeping and bell service This can be easily overlooked as the hotel is in its beginning stages. I am sure that on my next visit in November That this will be fixed. I will let you know

Room Tip: If you are a day person get room in the West Tower
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Very large, modern hotel with hip decor and large suites. The nightclub scene and casino were certainly catering to the very young (20s and early 30s) hip set. We stayed in a large suite with a seperate bedroom, two bathrooms, a full kitchen and even a washer and dryer! The ammenities were excellent and housekeeping was average. The Wicked Spoon buffet restaurant was excellent! Our suite overlooked the Bellagio fountains in the West tower, which was ideal as it was also very quiet on that sie of the hotel. Pool areas small and sparce compared to other competing hotels. Spa was very nice and upscale though a bit pricey even for the market.

Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

There are 2 towers at the Cosmopolitan-the East and the West. If you stay in the East tower you'll get the noise, bass and crowd that frequents the club (Marquee, Google it!) located there. Even on the top floor you won't get quiet until 3 or 4 am. BUT, in the West Tower you'll have peace and quiet, rest assured-you may not even see a fellow guest in the hall. And West tower with a north view gets you the Bellagio fountains, south view is City Center which is like a morgue if that's your cup of tea, but still visually interesting. Cosmo is a high energy joint, but you can pick and choose. Like, the Boulevard pool is supercharged, but if you're like me you might like the Bamboo pool (relatively sedate) on the 14th floor West tower. Don't judge the whole place on first impressions of the lobby, which can be electric on weekend check-ins, complete with young crowds and a lot of eye candy, making for the club.
John Unwin should be applauded for the job he's doing-despite the growing pains ALL new joints experience, he's at the helm of something truly new, different and exciting on the Strip.
Frank Iacobbo

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for five days over Memorial Weekend and fell in love with the hotel. The front desk staff were very helpful and we were even upgraded since our room wasn't ready when we checked in - and we checked in four hours early! We also requested a north-facing room overlooking the Bellagio fountains which was so amazing since we could sit on our terrace and watch the show each night. Bell service and concierge were very helpful and always friendly during the entire length of our stay. Couple tips - First, there is a "secret" pizza place on the 3rd floor that is not marked but if you ask the staff they will direct you where to go. The pizza is so delicious whether it's 4 in the afternoon or 4 in the morning. Second, they have three pools and advertise the Marquee pool as an adults-only pool Great, but the only problem is they expect a $200 f&b minimum to sit up there so save your money and relax at one of the other two pools. We were able to find seats every day we went and the pool staff will even help you find seats if you need their assistance. Oh - and FREE wifi throughout the hotel - which is rare in Vegas. Next time I am in Vegas, this is definitely where I will stay.

Room Tip: North-facing room towards Bellagio fountains
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

A beautiful hotel means nothing if staff are rude .

• Stayed May 2011

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!