“Great hotel- Horrible Security” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Indiana
“Great hotel- Horrible Security”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

This is a tale of two reviews.
The hotel is spectacular. The pools are amazing, the food is spectaculr and the room is amazing. Literally amazing. As nice a room as I've ever stayed at in Vegas. The view is unparallelled in the world. I mean every word of these comments.

My room was broken into and the security is doing nothing of substance to figure out the crime. Literally nothing. This situation is infuriating and has dwarfed all the great parts of the place.

Stay there. It's spectacular. Just don't count on the security and staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,832)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Berkeley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I booked the City Living package approximately a month before my stay. Studio room with premium view and $250 dining credit were guaranteed in the package. The reservation agent I spoke to couldn't have been more pleasant, which gave me high hopes for my stay. She assured me that the package premium view room would be one with a Bellagio fountain view. Awesome. I also requested a West Tower room, which she said she would make note of, but couldn't guarantee. No problem.

Checked in around 5pm. No welcoming greeting from the check-in employee. Without two words, he printed out our room cards and handed them over saying we had an East Tower 1 bedroom room with a view of the pool on the 22nd floor. I explained that we booked a package deal, and I was assured a fountain view studio room. His answer essentially was, "tough luck, we don't have any of those rooms left ,and you should be grateful I upgraded you to a 1 bedroom." I politely protested that we weren't interested in a 1 bedroom room, we wanted our premium view room as booked. It was clear that he wasn't going to budge. So I asked to at least be moved to a higher floor because I was concerned about club noise. His response was, "oh, the club noise isn't THAT bad". My high hopes for Cosmo went out the window at this point.

An hour after getting into our room and relaxing, a knock from a staff member saying he needed to check our minibar stock. Shouldn't they have done this before releasing our room for check-in? TV remotes and guide systems both didn't work properly.

On the positive side, the room was gorgeous and the bed was really comfortable. Club noise was loud--I could make out the lyrics to each song well into the night. The atmosphere of the hotel and casino is very frentic. I'm in the age demographic the hotel is supposedly geared for and wasn't impressed by the noise and crowds of scantily clad drunk people.

I'm normally a loyal Wynn customer, but I wanted to give Cosmo a fair shot after reading such rave reviews. Would never return to the Cosmo. The level of service and quality of staff at the Wynn is incomparable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I went here in February with a girl friend for a girl's trip during my university reading week. We booked with selloffvacations.com and got a steal of a deal!! Shuttle to/from airport was well organized and easy to use (and part of our package deal).
However, we had to wait THREE HOURS to get checked into our room. Perhaps our young age (21) and lack of fancy clothing made us bottom priority. But, they did give us $150 to use within the casino as we waited. The amount of places to drink in this casino is AWESOME. All very swanky and fancy. It was a nuisance to wait that long to get into our room, but they upgraded our room as well and we had a very high-up room with a view of the Bellagio waterfountain show. I hate to think what we would have been stuck with if we hadn't complained or had problems checking in. :S
There's a hidden pizza place on the 3rd floor and it was cheap and delicious! With an authentic pizzeria feel to it and the cook was Italian!!
The staff were very uptight and always looking for a tip. In fact, the last staff we dealt with was a baggage handler and he sarcastically told us "thank you...thank you very much". I'm sorry...but getting our bags from the back room took you 20 seconds. You don't deserve a tip for that.
The hotel's atmosphere is VERY high end. Even has a wine store in it that offers samples on weekends. Bar staff is VERY friendly and gets to know the people they're serving.
If you're looking for a place to go to feel glamorous, with a central location on the strip, this is the hotel for you!! If you're looking for a party hotel for a younger crowd...this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The rooms are the best - the studio and one bedrooms have balconies. Beds and furniture are very comfortable - BEWARE - you may never want to leave. The spa and fitness center are the best on the strip. Women's spa ladies are great - whirlpool, steam, sauna and an amazing cool mist shower that is a must after a few hours in the Vegas sun. All the resturants were great and the West lobby bar bartenders were the best i've ever encountered. I do wish the staff had name tags, but I soon learned the names of the dealers i liked, bartenders and the 2 best strip people - Michael, Identoty Club Supervisor and Alex T, front desk (soon to be manger or concierge to the Diamond players)

Room Tip: stick with a king/ double is a std hotel room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We were here for a convention, it was a beautiful hotel and the customer service was outstanding. We checked in early so we knew our rooms would not be ready, they took our cell number but we never got a call. We finally went back to the front desk about at 445pm (check in time is 3pm) and she said oh yes your rooms are ready. We went up to our room, we had a city room with 2 double beds which doesn't have a balcony or a sitting room like the others but it was nice and we had a view of the fountains. The only thing that brought it down was housekeeping. While she did come into our room she really didn't do much else, we had to ask for towels and when making the bed (no joke) all she did was pull the comforter up and the sheets underneath were still all tangled like I had left them! Our used glasses were still out on the table she never touched them or gave us new ones. That was the only downside, other than the poor housekeeping it was a great stay! Oh, and I have to say thank you to the other TA reviewers as we knew to ask for a room away from the club as other people at the convention did not and they heard the bass of the club until the wee hours of the morning and could not sleep!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Well let me tell you- i researched hotels in Las Vegas for months prior to our visit and we eventually decided on The Cosmopolitan. Let me tell you, i am so glad we did! It blew our mind (eventually) !!! When we arrived at the hotel, all we wanted to do was check in, have dinner and get a good night sleep as we had been flying all day. We invested in upgrading our room and paid a solid deposit before arriving to secure the room, only to be told that our Room Type was not available upon check in- in other words they gave our room away. So we had to stay in a basic room until they could upgrade us the following night. We did this as we just wanted to sleep! When we woke up in the morning, we decided to pack our bags and store them at the bell-hop desk so they could clean our room and then provide us with our new room- which was supposed to be available at 11am. We returned at 3pm and the room was still not ready, and this delay then made us late for a show we had booked. We were upgraded to another room type that was not promised, but it was still nice. The quality and standard of this hotel is second to none- it was truly amazing! When we got over the hic-cups of trying to get what was promised to us, we could then relax and enjoy what the hotel had to offer. I would definately reccomend staying here, but as to what room you get- its pretty much a lucky dip!!!!!! (We were in the East Tower and had no noise)

Room Tip: Definately ask for a Bellagio Fountain View
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I found the staff, the service, the hotel facilities......absolutely wonderful. I am another guest at a loss to understand the complaints made against this hotel. The view over the fountains - spectacular. The assistance that was offered from the reservations depatment and checkin.....well done Edmond and Ryan!

The facilities to catch taxis right at the front desk made life very easy.......just make sure the taxis take the short route in from the airport not the longer one!

Breakfast at the wicked spoon was excellent......such a wide selection for everyone's tastes.

Highly recommend and will stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Just ask....the staff are very helpful......
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!