“Very Nice !!!! Terrace suite” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #27 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
new jersey
“Very Nice !!!! Terrace suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Checked In on April 5th at 5pm to a terrace suite. Booked a Terrace studio but was upgraded to a terrace suite before we went because of a problem I had booking last year. Was greated promptly on arrival and was taken to the suite by the front desk clerk (never had this service before) . Room was clean , large, and the view was outstanding from the terrace. We had breakfast and a lunct at the buffet and is was very good. We also ate at Holsteins and the burgers are to die for. The hotel property is clean ( it's still new) and the staff is very friendly and everone says hello and asks if you need anything. The only problem I encountered was my bill was $600.00 more then the package I booked and they told me that there system was correct. I had my acknowledgment with me and once i produced it they adjusted the price. Don't know what would of happened if i didn't have the acknowledgment with me. The hotel has a lot of bars and Friday night was just crazy with the bars,clubs etc. We did stay in the wset tower so it was very quiet once in the room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I read earlier reviews about things not working out; so I was a bit suspicious about what to expect. I booked the Terrace Suite ($345/night), and was charged in advance. My first concerns were the fact that the hotel could not send me a receipt for the advance charges. It took 4 or 5 calls, and three weeks, before I found an agent who agreed to type up a receipt and send it via e-mail through her private account. Bravo to her, but what accounting system are they using there (SAP?). So I checked in Friday night. No room for me (at least not the room I reserved). Sounded like a Seinfeld episode (why take a reservation if you can't hold it?). They had the smallest room available. When I complained that I was not going to pay $345/night for a closet, the attendant agreed to lower the rate (what service!). He was kind enough to give me a $100 credit. However, I'm still at the hotel, and I'm going to bet that somehow the credit is filed in the same system that my reservation was in.

I've never actually been moved down in a room and had to ask for my rate to reflect that (but Vincent was apologetic and helpful).

The room itself is nice by awkward in layout. If someone wants to watch the TV while I work at the desk, the TV is six inches from my head (one reason for wanting a room to work in).

And I must say, the internet connection is actually terrible. I'm going to have to hike out of the hotel and find a Starbucks or something to try and make a VPN connection.

I'd probably stay here again at one of the larger rooms, but not for the adverstised price. The hotel is very trendy. Very modern. And the staff were as helpful as could be. I was trying to think of an analogy and came up with this. Imagine a very nice place, with good people, but managed by Lockheed Martin (not exactly known for customer service). That might give you an idea.

Don't be confused though, it is not a part of City Center, that's a different property.

I'd suggest that the hotel scrap whatever accounting IT system they have, walk over to the Marriott, and see how a good hotel is run. That's probably a great training excersize for them.

Breakfast at The Henry was excellent, but the staples/nails on the underside of the chair (holding the fabric liner in place) almost cut me hand when I tried to move the chair. They did bring me another chair, but I'm pretty sure somebody else will get sliced.

Two more days to go--I'm waiting to see if they can multiply 5 times 179 and subtract 345. minus the 100 credit. N

Room Tip: Trendy, upscale, but have a backup plan
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
welland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

This was our 7th trip to Vegas, we've stayed at the Wynn, Ceasars, Venetian, TI, Flamingo and Bally's. I read the reviews before leaving and I was nervous. I will say check in still needs some work. However after about 10 min in line we were told our room was not ready, (we arrived at 11:00 am and check in not until 3:00) It was a busy day for check ins and outs. We left our bags with the bellman and they said they would call when the room was ready. We asked for a quiet room as we read the reviews about the noise level. A call came in at 3:00 to advise our room was ready. She said it was on the 25th floor, I said that we wanted a higher floor because of the noise level and she accomodated us. We picked up our bags at the bell office and arrived to our room on the 62nd floor. Gorgeous !!! Spacious!!! and Comfortable!!! We had a few small issues that the front desk staff and manager took care of right away. Devan and Marcey were amazing to deal with and customer service is at the top of their minds. There will be glitches anywhere you stay, this hotel is beautiful, comfortable and the staff are very aware of the importance of good customer service. We are very glad we picked this hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again. Remember your on vacation sometimes you have to let the small things go. Have fun and go with the flow, you'll have a much better time. Look for the good things .... like the hidden pizza joint...it has amazing pizza and the staff was fun and cool. We ate at Holstein's !!! Amazing burgers!! We also ate at the wicked spoon for lunch...and I can say it was Wicked...very yummy and interesting concept felt like fine dinning. Much nicer than the slop buffets...where everybody is lining up at the trough like cows. The casino was great not overly crowded and the drinks were awesome...premium alcohol and the waitress came by often....never had to wait for a drink. This hotel for us is right up there. Can't wait to go back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon ( we also married in Vegas). The check-in process wasn't nearly as bad as the other reviews say. We arrived around 10 am since we had such an early flight, but we were able to pre-register and leave our baggage with the bell desk so that we could go and get our marriage license and then eat some lunch and peruse the rest of the hotel. The desk stated that they would call us when our room was ready. I've heard normal check-in was at 3pm, but after lunch we decided to pay the front desk a visit and check the progress. Our room was clean, but had not been inspected but they gave us a choice to check-in right away, or wait for the inspection. We were tired from the flight and decided to take the chance. The room was perfect, very clean and still new. We were on the 35th floor of the East Tower and we had an amazing view of the Bellagio fountains from our balcony. I can't say enought great things about the balcony. My wife and I are both smokers but we don't like to smoke indoors, even at home. A balcony is a must have for us and, in Vegas, they are almost non-existent. Everybody employee at the hotel was very nice and eager to please. We thought housekeeping was slightly unresponsive when it came to needing things replaced. For instance, my wife had come down with a cold toward the end of our stay and we needed more Kleenex. It took two calls and about 6 hours but they were finally delivered. I believe part of the problem is that everything is handled through the "beck and call" line. You talk to one person who will send your request to the appropriate staff. I wonder if either housekeeping is either understaffed, or just a bit lazy. The soaking tub was a small disappointment. I am 6 feet tall and had a hard time sitting in the tub. I expected it to be deeper. The water only came up to just under my chest. The minibar took up all of the space in the fridge. I've seen other reviews with same complaint. It would have been nice to keep our own soda cold and avoid the 4 dollar per can charge of the minibar soda. The casino was pretty unforgiving. We didn't expect to win money playing the slots, but we also wanted to make the money we knew we were going to lose last longer. We had much better luck across the street at Planet Hollywood. We didn't visit the stores. They were very high end and extremely pricey. We ate at The Henry, The Wicked Spoon, STK, the pizza shop, and Holsteins. Most of the restaurants in the Hotel are extremely expensive and most of them had menu items we were afraid to try (we are simple meat and potato people). Holsteins was a very good burger and hot dog place but I was disappointed that most of the hot dogs on their menu weren't even available. The Henry was the most practical restaurant in the hotel. STK was the most expensive meal we have ever eaten. However it was fantastic and it was the dinner we had for our wedding night (expensive dinners are easy to justify if it's on your wedding night). The pizza place was very good and open late. The Wicked Spoon was probably one of the best buffets I have ever had. All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Cosmopolitan. Any complaints I've had really turned into mild inconveniences that can easily be overlooked. We would stay here again, but I would also like to try out some of the other hotels.

Room Tip: Marriot friend and family discount
Northbrook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Just came back from the conference in Cosmo. I am not a big Vegas fan, usually travel there on business, but I was quite impressed by Cosmo. Being frequent traveler, I don't necessarily undestand what NOT to like about it?! Granted, we had a group rate for the conference, and weekends are more expensive. However, this is very good value, considering the excellent hotel location, terrace studio (very nice!), fresh and contemporary design, good and varied food options, and service when staff is eager to please. Try to get a nice room in Manhattan, London, or San Fran center for less than $200. It is mission impossible, so Cosmo in Vegas fits the bill for good value. The only reason I cannot give it "five star" rating has to do with service wrinkles that need to be worked out: cleaning and room services, some bartenders, and consierge are not to the highest standard yet, but I am sure that they can improve with time. All in all, I do recommend Cosmo for Vegas stays whether for business and pleasure.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Coffs Harbour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

This hotel has the "wow" factor! It is so new & fresh, huge but still easy to get around & in a really good location on the strip.
The rooms are amazing! We stayed in a terrace suite which had a balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountain...Amazing!
While we absolutely loved our time at the Cosmopolitan, we did have a problem with our room. We booked online, for 2 adults & 2 children (ages 10,14). When we checked in on arrival they confirmed with us that we were a party of 2 adults & 2 children. But when arriving to our room we only had 1 king bed - no sofa bed! We thought this was a bit strange that this point was not told to us any time during the process of booking & checking in. So the 1st night we had 2 in the bed, 1 on the lounge (which was a curved lounge, not good to sleep on) & 1 on a chaise & otterman joined together. After speaking to reception, then housekeeping, finally by the 2nd night we got a portable single bed. this still was not ideal, they did offer to move us but than no view so we decided to put up with the sleeping arrangments because of the incredible view. saying all that, we definately will stay there again next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bellagio fountain
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed here on hol recently looked lovely online and rooms are beautifully designed.
But will just summarise facts that I would want to know about a hotel.
On arrival rooms were not ready. Had to give phone number for them to call when your room would be ready. This could be a problem if you are on hold and are not using a mobile abroad or had it in safe etc. Fortunately we had bought a USA mobile phone to use. We waited for hours for the call which did not come until it got to the point we were anxious about what was going on and went back to hotel to fnd out. After re queuing again( hardly any checkin staff really badly understaffed hotel worst I have come across ) we were told the room we had booked and prepaid for was not available at all and they could only give us a diff type of room.altho told this was a room with 2 bathrooms and slightly larger this did not make up for the lousy service and the fact I was specifically looking forward to the Japanese soaking tub overlooking the strip as advertised!! As there was only the 2 of us having a second bathroom made no difference to us.
Rooms were not cleaned or serviced until evening if you order room service it will be Left there for the whole of the following day.nice!! To top it off the towels were not replaced bed side tables were dirty not nice and the dishwasher on our third day we opened it to find it had all the previous guests dirty plates and glasses left from before we had arrived lovely! Although ppl want to try out this new hotel with balconies they are seriously going to struggle with repeat customers with experiences like mine and it seems most other peoples.
All guests in line in reception were complaining -fact
It's nowhere near the 5 star standard of all the other strip hotels!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!