“Just visited the bars and casino” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% In Las Vegas
Ranked #36 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Just visited the bars and casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

The casino is very small, but the look and feel of the casino and bar is beautiful. One of the bar tenders at The Chandelier bar was a certified idiot with no manners and didn't know how to speak to customers. I'm sure he won't last long.

There was drunken wrestling match occurring on the other side of The Chandelier bar which we didn't understand why security let it continue for as long as it did, but they finally handled it with ease and no real big scene.

The Marquee club was closed (Sunday night) and so we couldn't check it out but heard it was a three story club with varying types of music genre's and an outside pool at one of them. Wish they would have been open to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bourbonnais, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Being highly allergic to feathers I always request hypoallergenic pillows and linens. I requested these when I checked in, came back later that night and fell asleep.(the pillow I laid down on had been replaced). Waking up very congested I assumed it was due to the flight and weather change but late the second night realized they had not changed the comforter or other pillows. The stopper on the tub was broken so could not hold water. A request to get that fixed (I mentioned it the first night as well and hoped it would be fixed in 24 hours) was ignored as well. I actually attempted to write this letter to the manager but there website only has email addresses for the concierge desk, reservations and press releases. It is 1 in the morning and I am still waiting for housekeeping to replace my linens.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This trip was a mini-vacation with my wife and two teenage boys. I travel to Vegas yearly for business and every couple of years for vacation. I travel weekly for business and stay in a variety of lodging establishments from moderate rated hotels to high end resorts. I feel I have a good basis for comparing hotel properties across the U.S. Even with my extensive travel schedule, this is the first review I have submitted on a hotel facility. The Cosmopolitan has very nicely appointed rooms and the decor of the entire facility is nice. Although, some of the surrounding properties are more glamorous. My reason for submitting is the lack of attention to detail throughout the facility as well as a poor layout. My frustrations began when we arrived at the hotel. We rented a vehicle for this trip as we planned on doing some sightseeing outside of Vegas. We pulled into the Eastside parking deck. There were no bellman to help with luggage so we loaded our luggage on a cart. Not a big deal. We took the elevator to the main floor expecting the hotel lobby to be close by. Wrong. We entered into the middle of the casino we no visible signs indicating the way to the registration desk. After touring the casino with our cart of luggage we finally see a sign pointing the way to the hotel lobby. We crossed through the entire casino to reach the hotel lobby. This was a big deal. I was displeased to say the least by the time we reached the registration desk. The check-in process went better mostly because there were only 8 groups checking in and 4 stations open. My observation at the registration desk was that there were no queue lines. People were free to walk up to a registration desk in front of people waiting for an open position. It was not a problem while we were there due to the few people checking in, but I could see it being a huge problem during a busy time. The gentleman that checked us in was very pleasant, maintained eye contact, and answered all questions. One of my very few compliments to the staff. As it turned out, our room was in the East tower, so we pushed our cart full of luggage back through the casino to the elevators. The layout would not have been too bad if we would have had a bellman. As in most hotels in Las Vegas you have to scan the room key to reach the lodging floors of the facility. The card reader in the hotels is not easily found on the elevator control panel. There were three groups on our elevator and all were frustrated before the slot was located. One reason we stayed at The Cosmopolitan was because they advertise having a kitchenette and they do. There is a microwave, a sink, a dishwasher, cabinets, but the refrigerator is crammed full of beverages. There is no room for any milk, juice, sodas, or anything else. I called to ask about having the beverages removed and was told that they would be glad to do so for $25. I was not happy. The $25 was not the issue. I was paying for 5 nights lodging and they want to charge me to remove items from the refrigerator that they advertise I will have use of. Something is wrong with that scenario. We had a king suite with a fold out couch. There was no linen for the fold-out. It took room service 2 1/2 hours to deliver. By the time they arrived we had given up and made do for the night. Those were my biggest complaints and they all happened the first night we arrived. My wife's complaints are that there was one very small trash can for the room, no drawers or shelves to place clothing, and that they charged $12 each time you use your room key to access the fitness areas. This bothered me as well since it was not disclosed until check-out. I do not usually get to worked up at hotels, but this facility is clearly lacking management with an understanding of customer service. Great facility, great location, clearly lacking in attention to detail and an understanidng of customer needs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I (we are both in our late twenties) just returned from a 4 day stay at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. I had seen the hotel during construction on our last trip to Vegas and couldn't wait to try it! The Boulevard Pool and the Terraces along with the mid-strip location reallt sold me.

We booked at Terrace One Bedroom Premium View Room through Delta Vacations with our airfare and I would say Value wise this was one of our best trips!! We have stayed at Caesars and TheHotel at Mandalay otherwise.

We arrived at the hotel at about 5:30pm and there was a check-in line. We waited 10-15 mins, but the lobby is so spectacular it fly's by. We greeted by a super friendly woman who gave us our choice of floors for our East Tower Bellagio Fountain View Room. We took a room on 21st Floor as it was ready now while the higher floor rooms were still an hour + wait.

Our room was fantastic!! Living room, huge bathroom, beautiful terrace and view!! The best was the fountain view from the soaking bathtub! I was in Love! Right away we utilized the "toast on us" package and ordered our complimentary bottle of champagne. no problems with that, it was delivered right away.

The in-room technology never gave us any issues. The tv's and phones always worked. I never tried to use the tv to adjust the lights/thermostat. I just went to the switches and thermostats. I never had any issues. We could always bring up our folio on the tv - which was nice because on day 2 those mysterious mini-bar charges did appear, but one quick phone call downstairs and it was resolved.

We had a room service breakfast which was good. Never tried the coffee maker in room - but the Illy coffee all over hotel was great. Room service was quick, hot and delicious. The Wicked Spoon Buffet was also excellent for breakfast - tons of options including eggs benedict in personal cast iron skillets. We are not buffet people and only tried the breakfast - and it was so good we ate there a second morning.

We also tried Holsteins for lunch, good burgers but mediocre service. The 3rd floor hidden pizza was excellent - great afternoon/late night snack with great prices for slices. DOCG was great italian food, amazing salad/pizza/pasta. But my absolute favourite was STK. We loved the atmosphere, the service, the wine selection and by far the bone in fillet was the best steak we have ever had!

As everyone says the Chandalier Bar was phenonmenal. Casino decor modern and great selection of tables, slots etc. I found the slots to pay but husband had little luck at the tables. The Sahra Spa was nice - my pedicure was top notch. The Bamboo Pool by the spa was open when we were there but the bar there wasn't. The Boulevard pool was always packed.

The balcony, the restaurants, the location, the service.....we will be back! This is our new favourite Vegas Destination!

San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I decided to try The Cosmopolitan but we had a terrible experience. We checked in before 3 so our room wasn't ready. We were told to leave our cell numbers so we could be called as soon as housekeeping informed the front desk that the room was ready and we were told it would be around 3pm. We were given directions to one of the three restaurants (out of 13!) that were open for lunch. However one of the restaurants wasn't open for lunch so we found one that they hadn't mentioned. At 3:30 we returned to the front desk. There was a long line waiting but, since we had already checked in, I went to the counter to find out whether our room was ready. I was told that I had to stand in line. After the 15 minute wait in line I was told that the room wasn't yet ready and that it could be anytime up to 6pm before we would get a call. At this point we were quite upset since we don't like standing in line and we couldn't wait until 6pm for our room because we had a business meeting we had to change for at 5:30. I waited another 30 minutes, stood in line again, only to be told that the room still wasn't ready. I started calling other hotels and we secured a reservation at the Four Seasons. As we were about to leave we received the call that our room was ready. And I had to stand in line again so it was another 10 minutes before we received our keys. The room was spacious and clean. However, there wasn't any water in the mini bar, only alcohol. I called to ask for water and was told it would be right up. It never arrived. At the end of the evening I called the "beck and call" line to ask for a 7am wake up call. I was assured that we would receive it. We never received the call. I find this level of service unacceptable and I refuse to stand in line over and over again. The hotel tries to be a luxury hotel but it's only a glorified Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1060 W Addison, Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

SUMMARY:

I'm a huge balcony fan, so really wanted to love this place. I'm sure the Cosmo will be great for some people, but doubt I'll be back. The constant music just too much. Even on the 65th floor (East Tower, Bellagio view), I could hear night-club music in my room at night. Though not for me, I'm sure this place will be great for the young and hip who want the music,

THE GOOD

- Staff was universally wonderful.. friendly and helpful. Everyone from check-in to concierge, from the buffet staff to security all were fantastic.

- Loved the design/theme of the room. At the artful touches made it feel not only special, but unique.

- Balcony is to die for. Loved sitting on there (when there wasn't pulsating music drifting up from below)

THE BAD

- While the Spa was very nice, it lacked the "wow" of many other high-end Vegas properties. It was your basic spa, compatible to many mid / mid-high properties. Seemed odd, when everything else at the Cosmo seems to be "turned up to 11."

- Computer glitches. While I had no real problems, there is clearly something very wrong. My spa charges all had to be entered by hand, as the computers in the spa showed that somebody else was booked into my room. However, I shouldn't worry about it, as "this kind of thing happens all the time". Whaaaaat??? I did frequently check my bill, and everything was fine.

THE UGLY

- As mentioned, the music. I understand the loud music in the casino. I don't understand the loud music in the restaurants, especially "find dining." But I can just avoid those if I want a quiet or romantic meal. What I can't avoid is the nightclub music drifting up into my room. I need my room to be a serene retreat at night, and it just wasn't. I'm guess I'm officially a cranky old man at 43. (To put this in perspective, I love Vegas. I've stayed at Hard Rock Hotel, Palms and other places geared towards a younger crowd. Never had a problem before the Cosmo.)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I've been going out to Vegas for the past 4 years for the opening round of March Madness with some buddies from school. This is the second year we've brought our wives and my wife and I started looking at places to stay back in December. We are both Marriott people and travel a lot for work, so the reward points rack up quick. We were super excited to see that Marriott had partnered with a new place on the strip and we decided to cash in points for the March trip.

We started checking out reviews of the property and were a little nervous as we saw quite a few negative reviews mixed in with the positive. Well, let me set the record straight - we could not have asked for a better stay.

First of all, THE SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH! Let me give you several examples:

- They have employees and security walking throughout the property and it seemed like anytime we needed to be pointed in the right direction or had a question, there was someone there approaching us to help.

- At dinner one night we struck up a conversation with a couple next to us and the lady happened to be the banquet director at the facility. I mentioned to her that I was trying to find a Port wine to enjoy with a cigar and was told the night before at one of the property bars that they didn't have any port. The banquet director said that wasn't good enough, picks up her cell phone, and calls the F&B director on the spot and asks him which hotel bars have a port. She lets me know where to go, hands me a card, and tells me to call her if I have any issues finding it. Now that is how take care of your customers!

- When we were leaving for the airport at 4 AM (had an early flight) the night club was just letting out. There were literally, hundreds of people in the cab line waiting to catch a ride out of the hotel. One of the bellmen sees us with our bags, call us over and says "hotel guests don't wait in line here" and hails us a cab in front of the line.

- My wife was checking out the mini bar in our room the first night and picked up a bottle of grey goose (didn't open it, just showed me how giant the bottle was for a mini bar). Well, we didn't realize that the fridge was sensored, so we got hit with a $50 charge to the room. We went downstairs to tell them what happened, and they took the charge off, no questions asked. A manager even walked over to tell us it was no big deal and made sure we were enjoying our stay thus far.

- I know everyone was complaining about the check in time....we waited for 5 minutes and everything was perfect with our reservation.

That's just the service side of things....the hotel itself is incredibly impressive! My wife and I both travel a ton for work and we haven't seen anything like this. It is hip without being cheesy. It is fancy without being pretentious. Every time we walked in to the place we had to comment on how cool it was.

Our room was a Studio Terrace suite (east tower floor 37) and surprise, surprise, it was great. Tons of room, a balcony overlooking the bellagio fountain, beautiful decor and spacious bathroom. Housekeeping came everyday we were gone and did an excellent job. Our friends, who were staying elsewhere, came over for a drink in the room and were incredibly jealous :) !

The restaurants and bars we visited were all exceptional. We ate at Holsteins (low key burger, fries and shakes) and Blue Ribbon Sushi. Both had excellent food (service was a little shaky at Holsteins and fantastic at Blue Ribbon). The Chandelier bar will be the coolest place you've ever had a drink. Friendly bartenders and generous pours - which is nice to see when you're paying Vegas prices!

I would recommend this place to anyone and I won't stay anywhere else on a return trip to Vegas!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas? Share your experiences!