“Heaven on earth” 5 of 5 stars

Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My Mum and I spent Christmas Day here and it was absolute spa heaven on earth, we could not fault it.

From being shown where to go from the main hotel reception by an exceptionally friendly member of staff who walked us right to the elevator (and even pressed the button for us!) to the lovely Imelda who showed us around the spa once we had signed in and had our tea on arrival. Imelda was around throughout the day and was always making sure we had fresh towels and enough water, she was excellent.

We both had the foot ritual treatment and our therapists were lovely, very friendly and excellent at making you feel comfortable throughout the treatments.

The spa itself is gorgeous and we really couldn't fault the facilities or the decor. As soon as you walk in you get the sense of relaxation you expect from a good spa and we found nothing out of place throughout our visit. There were always spa attendants, like Imelda, making sure everything was in place and tidy without it ever feeling like they were intruding on your experience.

The hyrdopool was so relaxing and the view out to The Strip (from there and the relax room and the tepidarium) was so lovely.

Our treatments only lasted 45 minutes but we had use of facilities (for no extra charge) for as long as we wanted. We ended up there for almost 5 hours in total - and we could have stayed longer. And for only $75 each it was an absolute steal. I know it was Christmas Day, but for that cost I can't understand why the place wasn't much busier. We only saw a few other guests during our visit so it really felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Visited December 2012

belfast
11 attraction reviews
“Pre-Natal treatment- bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I had the pre-natal treatment which involved a body exfoliation, massage and moisturising masque... At least I think that's what it involved. I actually was so relaxed that I fell asleep. When I did wake up my skin was wonderfully smooth and moisturised. I do recall that my head and hair also received a massage and oil treatment- my hair felt silky smooth the next day. My growing bump was carefully taken into consideration during the treatment and beforehand when I was given the spa tour the facilities I could use were specifically pointed out for me. Over all I recommend this treatment thoroughly.

Peace River
3 attraction reviews
“What a date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The water areas for Hydrotherapy were amazing, the tea rituals, spa attendants attending to your every whim, the views and the therapists.....my husband and I were in heaven for our couples massage experience!

Visited October 2012
18 attraction reviews
“If you never spa you will say 5 stars, if you get out much it is more of a 4 star experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Perhaps my perception is based on the fact that I was not a guest at the hotel, but rather walked over from my hotel across the street? Although I was promised the foot ritual, I did not receive. Although other reviewers state that they were followed around with a teapot, I received one cup that was too hot to drink. Despite the fancy names, the laconium is really just heated lounge chairs and the view from the warmish hot tub (aka vitality pool) is the almost the exact same view as from my hotel room next door... We sat in the each of the dry and wet steam room for a few minutes and spent 5 minutes in the experience shower (tried to draw that out to get our money's worth, but it is a 2 minute deal really). The rhassoul is an extra charge,which we did not purchase, as we spent the better part $1000 here as it was. So, what are you paying for here? A crushed ice fountain outside the steam rooms - okay I have not seen that before and views of the strip, which I had from my hotel room. The spa attendant was VERY sweet, but a little rushed for a weekday it seemed. Also, the spa amenities are no fancier than what I have at my local spa, so for the same amount of money I could have experienced a 4-hand massage, deluxe facial, scalp treatment, spa mani/pedi and overflowing goodie bag, but I guess I get to tell people I went to the Mandarin Oriental. Also, while several departing guests were receiving their shoes in the boutique afterwards, one guest was singled out loudly to receive a special gift from the hotel, which she received with oohs and ahs. It was interesting to see the looks on other spa goer faces. I didn't care as I have more products than I will ever use. I can understand that if you spend this much money on spa services, you really want to rate it 5 stars and maybe my local spa is better than average, so my baseline for comparison is higher. Just ask yourself before you go - what can you get at home for the price that would be comparable and I think you might find that you can have a good-as or even-better experience closer to home.

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
19 attraction reviews
“Very helpful and very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Made use of the salon as part of the Spa and they were incredibly helpful as we did not have an appointment but worked to get us accommodated. The moment you step off the elevator you are immersed in the softer setting of the spa reception area which is very relaxing. Visit if you are staying in the hotel.

Visited September 2012