“Top of the line relaxation!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, OH
“Top of the line relaxation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

When I visit a spa, I want to find a place to relax and go at my own pace. I prefer it to be quiet and comfortable. If spas can find some way of bringing in natural light I'm in heaven.

After visiting this spa, I found a new level of heaven! I don't think any other spa will ever be able to compare with it. Ahhhhh....pure bliss!

I scheduled an appointment for a self-applied mud treatment--I believe the least expensive item on their treatment list. I needed a few hours to myself on a Sunday morning to recharge and hoped this would do the trick. Wow! I floated out of the spa by the time I was finished.

I was treated as a welcomed friend from the minute I stepped foot in the spa area. They warmly greeted me and guided me to the lounge area while they check me in. There was a short form to complete (standard release and health information) and the offered me a shoe exchange and a wonderful cup of peppermint tea. The tea was free (Twist had charged me $12 for the exact same tea the night before. I much prefer free tea! LOL) and the shoe exachange made me smile. They didn't ask my shoe size and brought me spa slippers that fit perfectly. Nice! AND they were comfortable--they didn't cause the typical spa-slipper-shuffle that feels so awkward.

After relaxing with my slippers and my wonderful cup of tea, I was escorted by Gina down to the spa area. Gina took her time and showed me the locker area, the hair and make up area, the showers, the restrooms and ALL of the "common" areas in the spa. I could not believe the amount of natural light flooding through the entire spa! There were several areas where you can relax and look out over the city. Wow! Relaxing on a heated stone lounge and watching the roller coaster at NYNY was fun!

I spent about an hour and a half using the different wet areas. I evenutally retired to the most amazing lounge (complete with pillows and blankets and more tea!) to wait for my treatment. My treatment specalist quietly walked up to my lounge and quietly called me by name. This is so much nicer than having someone shout out a name in a crowded waiting room. Ahhhhh....more bliss! She guided me through my mud treatment and helped me reach a couple of spots on my back. The treatment was great! My skin has never felt better--and my energy felt recharged. I felt balanced. And peaceful.

After the treatment she invited me to continue to use the spa areas--but to avoid any of the heat. I asked if I could return to the lounge area to read for a while--I wanted to continue to enjoy the calm peace. She graciously asked if I would like to use the same lounge chair and if I would like any tea. After retreiving my book from my locker and returning to the lounge area, my lounge chair was set up and hot tea was waiting for me.

I saw only 1 or 2 other guests the entire time I was there. I felt as though I had the entire spa to myself. Unbelieveable!!

I hope to run in the 2012 Las Vegas half marathon. If I am able to, I'll be booking spa time at the MO Spa without question. I know they will pamper me and make me feel like the only guest in the wolrd! If you ever have the opportunity--go for it!!!!

Visited November 2011

Manchester, United Kingdom
“True relaxation and top class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I visited the spa on a Saturday evening at about 4pm. This was a good time to go as there were perhaps only 4 other people in there!

We didn't have the treatments but rather paid ($60 each) to use the sauna/pool/steam room facilities etc. It was money very well spent!

The spa attendants were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome and relaxed. The sauna and steam room were great and the hot chairs (with a fantastic strip view) were incredibly relaxing. So much so that we really didn't want to go out onto the strip afterwards!

The spa is segregated but there is a meeting room in the middle next to the Hammam (which we didn't go in but looked beautiful) and the attendants have an intercom system for passing messages across.

Visited October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“The Hamam experience, a Vegas must do!,,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The hamam at the Mandarin Oriental was wonderful, relaxing, and refreshing.
If you want to experience something exotic, something relaxing, and that won't break the bank try the hamam. You start off relaxing in the pool, then have the pleasure of being washed by a caring professional. Makes you feel oh so good!!!!!
I was impressed... Try it, you'll like it!

Visited August 2011
westlake, ohio
8 attraction reviews
“My Feet are still talking about it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Enjoyed my first ever 25 minute foot massage alongside my spouse in the serene and intimate Foot Spa at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas.

It is by far the most relaxing experience I have ever had with all my clothes on...

Service was amazing, from the tea, to the neck warming towels and the cooling eye covers, and the chairs are more comfortable than 90% of the hotel beds I've slept in...

I highly recommend this experience at the end of a long day trekking through Vegas...It's not cheap, but you're feet will thank you for it later...

I'll definitely do this again...

Visited July 2011
Iowa City, Iowa
11 attraction reviews
“Hate Vegas; Love Mandarin Oriental Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I am not a Vegas person. It's the land of plaster and noise where everybody is cool but nobody behaves like they have a lick of sense. Yuck.

When I have to go there on business, inevitably once a year, I hit the spa on day one, and do the convention the next day. Then I'm gone with a couple of nice dinners in between.

This trip I made an appointment for the Hamman experience and then an 80 minute theraputic massage. We stayed at the Mirage, so I cabbed it down to the Mandarin Oriental for my appointment at their 8th floor spa (so quiet and heavenly Zen). Having read reviews prior to making my appointments, I was extremely pleased with everything.

Check in at the spa was a breeze and then the layout of the wet areas was so delightfully done. The lockers provide some modicum of privacy. This is not a massive, Vegas-esque spa, but roomy enough. They do not overbook as they do at Canyon Ranch or MGM Grand's spas in Vegas. There is no "cram 'em in" mentality here. Oh no. Just peace, quiet and service.

First stop, the shower. Lovely water pressure and amenities (soaps, bath gels, shampoo, conditioner, towels, washcloths, etc.) Nice robe too. Very comfy.

Lockers are automated so you don't have to carry a key around. Plenty of room for primping before, during and after your treatments.

First Stop: the angled jacuzzi pool is a perfectly comfortable warmish/hot temp with built-in stainless beds for up to five women to lounge upon while in the jacuzzi. There is a button behind each submerged lounger that starts the bubbles from below. Great views from this jacuzzi pool.

Second Stop: The RainShower experience. These rooms (three, I believe) offer five types of overhead rainshowers (storm, drizzle, cold mist, tropical rain, etc.) I was hoping this would be like the Fontainebleu Spa in Miami where there is a marble bench to lay down upon while getting drenched. Not the case here....you stand to enjoy the drenching, which lasts max 45 seconds at a time. Good for water conservation, I suppose.

Third Stop: The Steam Room. It's very thick with steam, as it should be, and not too overwhelming with any one particular scent. I prefer dry heat, so moved on to the....

Fourth Stop: The Laconium. This is a room of marble and tile where the rounded seating area is heated from behind. Very warm on the back side of your body (against the curved bench) and the room is hot, but not killer hot like the steam room. And this is a beautiful room. If I could, I'd have this room in my home.

Fifth Stop: The rest area with the heated tile and marble full-length lounging chairs with a view (floor to ceiling windows). In here, I drank water and read a magazine. This was a nice room for a break between steam, jacuzzi pool, laconium, shower experience, etc.

In between each "hot stop" I rubbed down with ice chips (automatically refilled from above) at the centrally located Ice Fountain. Ahhhh....very relaxing. I repeated this circuit of heat, wet and cold about four times before, during and after my treatments.

And then the carpeted, luxe, intimately private and quiet lounging room with great views (and automated, adjustable beds) was heavenly. Ahhhhh, again.

The Hammam experience turned my brain and body to mush. You lay down on a heated marble slab (large enough for two), discreetly covered, with your Hammam assistant. This person gives you the equivalent of the most luxurious bath, shampoo and exfoliating scrub down and then rinses you over and over with hot/warm water which she carries in specially designed silver containers. The room is lovely. The experience is lovely. I can't explain in words how so relaxing this Hammam experience treatment is. Worth every penny. Don't hesitate.

The 80 minute theraputic massage knocked out every kink in my body. As I told the therapist, it was almost perfection. (I would say "perfection", but then is anything really perfection?) The room was nicely appointed (again, very luxe, as was everything) and the massage was spot-on exactly as I wanted when my therapist asked me what I wanted. Bravo, Mandarin Oriental therapists.

When I'm back in the land of plaster and glitz, I'm escaping to the Mandarin Oriental Spa yet again. No children, not over-booked and swarming. Just pure luxury.

Visited June 2011