“Classy Place, Low Rate” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Madison, Wisconsin
“Classy Place, Low Rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very classy place and at a rate below $100/night. If you are on the side facing the airport, you may hear some jet noise from takeoffs, but the airport quiets down by 8 p.m. and if you have the AC on, you won't hear it anyway. But the value here is outstanding.

Also, VERY friendly service! They really look out for you!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Katlyn K, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, and also for the great comments about our hotel and staff! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a great surprise! We had an involuntary extension of our Las Vegas trip (never fly Allegaint!!) and were left without any assistance of our airline. I got the La Quinta when I tried to find a good deal on Hotwire and was skeptical at first. That changed quickly after I called them to ask if they had a shuttle. They picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes (no charge) and offered us bottles of iced water (no charge!) in the shuttle.

Once we arrived and told our sad story they did everything to make us comfortable. Warm cookies, newspapers, free internet, an open pool... Life was good again.

Free breakfast the next morning was lovely. Hot waffles, do I need to say more?  They have a free business centre with printers as well. They offer free shuttles to the aiport, a local mall and the strip – amazing!

Their staff isfantastic! I had better service than the 4.5 star hotel on the Strip provided us the nights before!

Great job La Quinta!!

Room Tip: Have dinner at the pub around the corner! Their dinners special rock!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your glowing recommendation and detailed review. We love knowing that we have exceeded all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Las Vegas.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Booked this hotel for 1 night stay pre airport departure. It is very convenient to the airport with excellent & reliable shuttle service.

Check-in was somewhat irritating as rooms were not ready at the posted check-in time. Was asked to wait 10 minutes by a very unfriendly gentleman at the front desk. Housekeeping lead was apparently 'on her way' to input available rooms into the computer. After 20 min and witnessing another guest arrive and be immediately given a room I returned to the front desk and spoke with a different, but just as unfriendly, gentleman who provided the same answer. I mentioned that another guest checked in while I was waiting so he called housekeeping on the radio and she said she was coming down to update. After several more minutes I noticed somebody entering info on the computer so this time I went to the young lady also working the front desk and finally she was friendly and welcoming, as would be expected upon arrival to a hotel. Was finally given a room around 3:35pm. Not such a big deal, but feels like it when you are exhausted and dealing with unhelpful and unfriendly people.

Room was clean, nicely appointed and beds were very comfortable. We were not bothered by airplane noise. Fridge, microwave and bottled water were very appreciated.

Used shuttle service to / from Mandalay Bay and Airport. Mandalay Bay shuttles depart hotel every hour on the hour and you just have to let them know a few minutes to the hour that you wish a ride as it is on demand. For pick-up you call the hotel prior to the hour and they pick you up at 15 past the hour when dropping off next guests. Airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes and just need to sign up for your time. Shuttles were always on time and very efficient and reliable, a great service and huge selling point for this hotel.

Breakfast was typical for included hotel fare, a couple hot items, waffles and toast, cereal, juice etc. Very clean and organized.

Wifi is included and was reliable.

Pool area outside is great for plane watching and has a large hot tub.

We checked out in the morning, took shuttle to airport only to find out that we had a serious flight delay. Rather than stay at the airport for 7 hours I called the hotel and asked if we could catch the shuttle back and sit in the pool area. Shannon said no problem and arranged pick up by shuttle to coincide with the next airport drop off. Hotel stored our luggage and we read by the pool and took the shuttle back to the airport later. This more than made up for the disappointing check in service the day before. With the flight delay, I was very pleased with my choice to book La Quinta.

Highly recommend the Pizza Company Restaurant in walking distance of hotel. Turn right out of parking lot, then right down Sunset, its a 5 min walk. Ate there twice and service, prices, and food was excellent. The menu is very extensive, much more than pizza, salads, pasta and on and on.

Would not hesitate to stay here again in a similar circumstance. Probably not for a long stay but pre or post flight it is a fantastic value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel. Your feedback regarding our check-in process is very important to us as we feel it is one more way for us to know how we are doing and to correct the things that need attention. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the shuttle services we offered to be convenient! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Las Vegas.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Let me say that the rooms were fantastic, breakfast was just fine, location good, and pet friendly which was very important to me. That is the good. The bad was while driving to Las Vegas I get an alert from my bank, no big deal except they took the whole amount of a 3 night stay out of my account, one night I understand, but being guaranteed for late arrival does not mean charge the card at 6pm. I have worked in hotels and am currently a travel agent, when I booked the room through Apollo (not the internet) it said in the event of cancellation that one night would be charged, so why would you charge all 3 nights to my reservation? I was en route, and the bill was going to be split 3 ways, it took a week to get the money back, I was assured that the money was going back that same night, I spoke to my bank a week later and they said it had not been reversed, so I called and talked to Shannon and she said it was the banks problem, this was not true. Then on Sunday night I got a call from the front desk asking if I was leaving by chance, why would they do that I ask and they said they were sold out. You don't call a guest and ask them if they are leaving, all he had to do was look at the reservation and see that I was not checking out till Monday. I called when I got back to work and that is when I spoke to Shannon. I asked for a follow up and have not heard a thing. So you see there is good and bad, but if you are going to charge the card for a one night deposit, do it at time of booking, not a problem but don't do it night of arrival, that is what late guarantee is for and the card is not to be charged at 6pm like a cancellation.. It messed up my finances for my trip. We were 3 people splitting the room and I have allotted a certain amount for meals, lodging and fuel, rental car, etc. So the $360.00 that was taken that night left me with just about $200.00 for meals, the Jersey Boys Show , my share of the rental car, and fuel. You do the math. Would I stay there again, probably but to the management I say, put it in your rules when that the card that the room is guaranteed on will be charged the full amount at 6pm, so that the travel agent can tell their clients, I know I was more than surprised, even the hotels on the strip have never charged the full amount.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We are glad you thought our rooms were FANTASTIC and loved that we are pet friendly. Please accept our apology for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please be assured, we share your concern about anything that may detract from your experience at our property; we want nothing more than for you and all our guests to feel comfortable during your visit. Your comments have been shared with our staff to ensure these problems are being addressed and corrected. Your comments will certainly help us to improve the process. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

My rating is based on La Quintas in general as I stay at their properties often. We cashed in our points for this stay. Only glitch was no answer from the front desk when we were trying to get the airport shuttle, then put on hold for 10 minutes. No worries, only a $10 cab ride. Room was clean and comfy, used the shuttle to the Strip often.If not, not too long of a walk to the strip, or an expensive cab ride back. I just wish La Quinta would get better coffee. Had to walk to a nearby Starbucks in the AM to get decent brew. The gym equipment worked and so did the hot tub, but we could not figure out how to turn up the heat. I had stayed here a couple years back when I went to a show at the Hard Rock. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing La Quinta hotels. We appreciate your feedback and were delighted you felt we were a GREAT La Quinta. Your comments have been shared with the Front Desk Staff to ensure this phone issue is being addressed and corrected. We do our best to provide our guests with the best coffee choices, and are in the process of trying out a variety of different flavor options for our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back during on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Close by a great park, a short drive to the strip, and most importantly it was away from all the downtown traffic. Dont worry about the closeness of the airport because that wasnt an issue for a light sleeper like myself.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your review with us, We hope to see you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South? Share your experiences!