“Free shuttle to Airport, Mandalay Bay, Town Square” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6560 Surrey St, Las Vegas, NV 89119   |
Ranked #13 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
gatineau
“Free shuttle to Airport, Mandalay Bay, Town Square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clean and quiet. Free shuttle to/from Car Rental, Airport, Mandalay Bay and Town Square. Great pool area, clean rooms. Breakfast is standard for a 3 star hotel. I would recommend a 2nd or 3rd floor room. Walking the halls on the 1st floor we heard many dogs were barking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at the LQ at the beginning and end of our vacation - firstly because it was offering a great price for a Saturday night (when hotels on the strip are very expensive...), secondly because we liked the first night there.

We didn't hear any noise from the airport; breakfast was ok and in line with what you get at chain motels; the rooms were clean and spacious; location is convenient both from the airport and the strip - so what's not to like? ;)

Staff were friendly and helpful as well - on our second stay, we had a problem with the aircon in the room around 11pm at night, and when staff were not able to fix it, they moved us into another room without a lot of fuzz. Very helpful and considerate of the late hour.

A Walmart Supercenter is located a short drive north of the hotel, so very convenient for buying initial stuff like groceries when we started our trip.

I would definitely stay here again on our next trip.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor had no audible noise from the airport; we heard some planes starting on...
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel outside the strip, this is de perfect one. We were very pleased with the location and this property. My wife and I used their shuttle from the airport and for the strip and the drivers were very polite. The rooms are huge as the bathroom. Comfortable bed and pillows and finally, the breakfast was delicious and variable. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the hot tub. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Overall 4.5 stars. Made the mistake of visiting Vegas on the weekend of EDC. Upon checking in I was asked if I was there for EDC. Upon me saying" hell no" I was given a room across from where all the ravers were. Great thinking! I was put up in a hut tub room and it was great. The room was spacious and clean. My only complaint is that the thermostat could work better; I had to get up in the middle of the night to adjust the temp. The location is great away from the strip but not too far. Reviews are accurate, this hotel is an excellent choice for Vegas if you don't want to deal with the madness of the strip.

• Stayed June 2013
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. EDC is certainly a busy weekend. I will be sure to talk to the staff about placing rooms accordingly. I am so sorry that you were placed across from the ravers.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We drove from Scottsdale, AZ to the Vegas airport, arrived late and had an early morning flight out. We only got to stay for a few short hours, but it was long enough to see that this is a great place to stay with clean, spacious and fairly quiet rooms. The bed was very comfortable and the AC worked well, which is a requirement in Vegas. We used their shuttle both too and from the airport and the drivers were both very polite and courteous, in spite of the late and early hours. The front desk was also polite and quick with getting us checked in and out. The close proximity to the airport (less than 5 minutes) makes this place a real treasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

anted to inform you about the lack of customer service skills one of your night employees bears. My My son slipped and fell in the shower during our stay and cut his foot on the tub spout. It was very late, probably about 1am as we had just returned from seeing the Blue Man Group Show. I approached the front desk person to inquire about a dark colored linen or possibly something.....anything.....to put on the bed so he wouldn't bleed all over the white duvet and everything else white in the bed. She stares at me for a moment and then goes around the back of the wall and returns with a WHITE bath towel. I already had two of these why would I want another??!!

Her lack if concern for my child was very disheartening. Why aren't these employees trained as to what to do or offer in the event of an accident? Is there NO first aid kit on hand? I was really hoping for her to offer up some peroxide, neosporin and a band aid....but silly me. It's La Quinta. We will NEVER return to this location and will certainly tell everyone we know about this experience. IF YOU STAY HETR BE CAREFUL IN THE SHOWER!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We had received your e-mail previously and once again we are sorry for the incident. We have taken appropriate steps as promised and I will be sure to follow up with you via e-mail on these steps.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South? Share your experiences!