“La Quinta Inn and Suites, Las Vegas, Nevada” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6560 Surrey St, Las Vegas, NV 89119   |
Ranked #13 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“La Quinta Inn and Suites, Las Vegas, Nevada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

With a family of four we have to look out for budget accommodations. Staying on the strip is often difficult in Las Vegas unless you are prepared to spend a couple hundred a night or be in a hotel that is not comfortable at all. We decided to try something different by being off the strip and closer to the Las Vegas Airport. La Quinta Inn and Suites might not be luxury like the Bellagio, but they definitely offer a great price for a value stay. It was very clean, comfortable, and nice.

It is a plus that it was built well, given we did not hear airplane noise despite being close to it. La Quinta does not offer much around it like restaurants or entertainment, but it is ideal for a family with a rental car. The continental breakfast is not the greatest, but with smoke free and clean rooms it is alright to have a slightly poor breakfast. When we were checking in someone had a cat with them. Turns out they are pet friendly with no pet fees. We might not have been in walking distance of the strip, but we could see it.

With Las Vegas as more of a kid friendly location, we were all able to have fun. They have a pool with hot tub outside with little individual covered seating areas and lounge chairs. It is a nice atmosphere with a newer hotel. The modern facilities and location to both the airport and strip was definitely worth the affordable cost. Perhaps next time we can stay in one of the spa suites, without the kids! For our kids and us we had one standard room with two beds, clean showers, daily maid service, and plenty of TV channels. They could also connect their mobile devices for games and Internet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice, clean, comfortable hotel close to the airport. We didn't hear any airplane noise, so sound insulation was pretty good. There isn't much within walking distance (pizza places and the like) but it's ideal for an overnight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here three nights at the end of January on a non-business trip and can confirm the high reviews of this facility. It is excellent! Very friendly, very clean, updated, with exceptional beds and a better than usual free breakfast.

Noise was not an issue at all! I'm a very light sleeper, but I never, ever heard the planes. I did ask for a quiet room in my online booking, and obviously, they honored the request. Even outside in the parking lot, noise was really not an issue with the planes.

I rented a car, so transportation was not a problem, and the location of this place was perfect for jumping onto major arteries or going to the strip.

This was my first stay at La Quinta, as I am a business traveler who frequents the other chains. But this will not be my last. I'm seeking out La Quinta locations from now on. Everyone was very friendly. My two business travel requirements for hotels were met - quietness and a great bed. I can't speak to the shuttle service, as it would be required if you do not have a car.

This one is a winner for me.

Room Tip: As for a quiet room, and you will get one. I did so and never heard any airport noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was by far the best La Quinta I've ever stayed at. We wanted to check out Vegas on our move cross-country, but none of the strip hotels I could find were cat-friendly. Luckily, this hotel is very pet-friendly with no pet fees, and it's right around the corner from the strip. So close that there was a view of the strip from our room. We took the free shuttle to Mandalay Bay and had a really fun time.

The rooms themselves were crazy clean. I'm very picky about hotel rooms and this one felt more like an actual nice hotel--most La Quintas have that icky highway motel vibe. Everything felt very new, and the beds were comfy. The lobby was cute and the staff were some of the nicest hotel employees I've encountered.

The hotel is non-smoking, which is awesome as nothing smelled like smoke, and the room was dirt cheap.

The only issue some might have is that the hotel is close to the airport, meaning you can hear the planes landing and taking off. For me, that was a non-issue as I love planes and my husband and I both sleep very soundly. For light sleepers, I could see the jet noise posing a problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Medicine Hat, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a newer LaQuinta and has some great people working here. Rooms are very nice & clean and surprisingly, being so close to the Airport, you do not hear their noise. I would have rated this a "5" had it not been for the noise that you could hear from the hallway. There is a shuttle available to take you to the Airport and to the Strip ( only goes as far as the Mandalay Bay ). Breakfast was so-so; I have had better at other LQ's. I would stay here again because of the great room & great rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South? Share your experiences!