“Wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   6560 Surrey St, Las Vegas, NV 89119   |
Ranked #13 of 272 hotels in Las Vegas

669 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel with excellent service. We arrived very early and asked if we could possibly check in. They checked us in and this was appreciated after a six hour drive. After reading previous reviews we asked for ‘runway’ view rooms. They graciously accommodated our request. They hotel is clean and well maintained. They have adequate facilities for fitness and recreation. They have a room dedicated to breakfast. The breakfast bar lacks and this seems to be the only negative for this hotel. There is enough for a continental breakfast. Cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, tea, and juice are provided in an ample room. Some meat would help yet this is only a minor negative.

The hotel sits one block off of Sunset and can be seen from Sunset. Surrey Rd does not have a traffic light at its intersection. At first, it is easy to pass - be on the lookout.

Room Tip: As previously noted, this hotel is also sits across from the runway of the Las Vegas McCarran Intern...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review. We are grateful that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I have been to Las Vegas a lot, and we both have grown to hate crowds, so we decided that being we had a rental car we would stay here. We also chose it because we like to plane spot, and this area is excellent for it. While I'm on the plane subject, PEOPLE: IT'S CALLED LA QUINTA AIRPORT SOUTH FOR A REASON! Even though we didn't hear any plane traffic in our room, you will hear it outside, HENCE THE WORD AIRPORT IN THE TITLE. Sorry, sometimes people get me mad because they complain about dumb stuff that the hotel can't control. Anyway, I will break down my review into categories:

Rooms: Although not huge, they are a good size and spotless! The beds are super comfy. I also like how the sink is seperstely from rest of bathroom, it's more convenient to get ready that way. My only gripe is that there was no safe in the room.

Pool/Spa: Again, not a large pool, but the important thing was it was spotless. The area is also very relaxing, and it's great to see the planes landing and taking off while relaxing in the jacuzzi.

Breakfast: Huge sitting area, and you can also bring your breakfast outside and sit under an umbrella. My only complaint was they didn't have eggs or bacon like HIE and the Hampton's do, but the food was fresh and well-stocked.

Employees: We arrived on a Sunday at noon and were checked in right away. Every employee we encountered was great. I complimented the Head Housekeeping lady and she was grateful, and said my team appreciates that.

Location: Younare about 4 miles from the Mandalay Bay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate the time that you took to write about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a great little hotel in a great spot and at a reasonable price. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. The staff is friendly and work very hard to satisfy gustes. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for staying with us.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in Las Vegas on a photo shoot for several days and made this La Quinta my home away from home for the stay, it worked great for me. I'm an elite member of La Quinta but have been straying the last year or two, mainly because the La Quinta chain has been growing so quickly that I didn't think the quality of a lot of their remodeled locations came close to what I expected from their new locations. This had to be a new property because it was super nice and seemed new and crisp. The usual problem with doors slamming reared its ugly head here, unfortunately. The door frames seemed to be "loose" and they weren't grout-filled (sorry, I'm a licensed architect and I expect some of the same things in hotels that I stay in that we put in buildings for others) which would have helped the CHING/CLICK/BANG of the door latches slapping into place every time someone let their door SLAM behind them; which unfortunately, it seems like 99% of people do.

But, other than the door slamming, which isn't that isn't uncommon, unfortunately, I thought this was a great hotel. The location was great for me and the price couldn't be beat, I think it was about $80 a night. My bed was the perfect combo of hard and soft at the same time. One odd thing was that the heating/AC unit in my room wouldn't quit turning on in the evening! I had it set at 78 which was the highest it would go, but then every night like clockwork, it would start turning on for 10-15 minutes at a time, pouring out ice cold air even though I didn't want ice cold air pouring out! I even set it so it was turned off so the wall control said "off", but it still kept turning on. Weird.

The breakfast was good with hardboiled eggs for the protein (no scrambled eggs/sausage/bacon like most La Quintas), but they did have "biscuits and gravy" for those folks who enjoy that. I'm not a fan of that so I didn't try it, but they also had the usual oatmeal packets (not brand name, like some other chains offer; or better yet, real oatmeal not in packets), all sorts of juices and breads and waffles and yogurt and coffee and tea, etc. The hard boiled eggs were the saving grace for me here, otherwise I would have knocked the review down a notch. I just can't personally start the day by stuffing my head full of carbs and get anything done after that. They used ceramic plates and cups, bowls, etc. which was nice, but the bowls were almost the same size as the plates and weren't much deeper, so to mix up two packets of oatmeal in a room full of people standing around watching, waiting, etc.. it wasn't the best system that I've seen. I'd much prefer a smaller, deeper bowl; it would be much easier to use. But, that's an odd thing to complain about when everything else was so good.

I didn't use the outdoor pool even though it was in the low-80's, which apparently was above normal for the city. The pool was busy at times and I could hear lots of young people in there, and then I'd look out in a half hour and it would be totally empty. I'd want to hit it on an empty time, it wasn't super big, but it looked pretty nice and inviting and as clean as everything else was. The super friendly housekeepers were even vacuuming the hallways! Go figure, I didn't think anyone did that anymore. A lot of hotels I stay at are really nice but they never have the tell tale marks of the hallways being vacuumed; I know they do it here because I saw it every day I was there. I would stay here again for sure, it was a great value and my room was perfect for me. Other than the loud doors and door frames, the only small thing that didn't work was the tv remote. But, I could have gone downstairs to get a new battery (it had a phillips screw in it otherwise I would have put in a battery for them). I thought it was a super nice hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chris A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to write about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South? Share your experiences!