“Fun time!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McFadden's Pub
Rio Suite Hotel and Casino, 3700 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (Paradise)
702-777-2463
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #178 of 273 Nightlife in Las Vegas
Type: Specialty Shops, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Bars
Mesquite, Nevada
“Fun time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I went here earlier this year and had a great time. The band was good and the wait staff was attentive.

We also brought some friends here a couple months ago before we went up to Voodoo - we ended up back down at McFadden's because it was more enjoyable!

We will be going to Vegas next weekend and we plan on stopping by again.

Visited July 2011

Las Vegas, NV
28 attraction reviews
“Just an average place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife an I went there for appetizers and a drink. Business as rather slow as was the service. The food was decent as was the beer on tap. We had the ham club on white (they don't serve sourdough). We also had the chicken fingers with a decent hot sauce. We were very disappointed with the Long Island Iced Tea. Also our waitress was hard to locate as she seemed to hangout in the back and we were seated near the entrance.

An OK place but nothing to write home about.

Visited August 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Just plain gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We went here for a late dinner since every other place was closed at the Rio and we needed to eat before we got our drink on at Voodoo Lounge.

They had a live band that was actually pretty amazing. They did songs that ran the gambit of Johnny Cash, Journey, and AC/DC. They had all my favorite music right there so I was totally excited. Not only did they have a good variety (this one band) but they actually did it well! The bar definitely needs to work on their sound system though because it's way too loud for the space. I couldn't even talk to the people next to me which I find really annoying.

The menu consisted of your typical bar food with a few Irish things thrown in. I figured I'd try the corned beef special (wasn't sure I'd get my fix for St. Patty's day!). When the food arrived it was nothing spectacular- looked like cafeteria food thrown on to a plate. Mine looked the best of anyone's even though it was literally swimming in grease.

The corned beef was decent but ridiculously greasy I thought it was going to slide off my plate. The rest of the grease came with a side of carrots...it was that bad. Of course there were the traditional red potatoes which they didn't even bother to carve the eyes out of (or whatever you call them) and one of them was black in the middle and completely rancid. GROSS! I was pretty much done at that point but no sense in sending it back.

As for the other plates at the table, the plain hamburger was picked up and just dropped grease out of it. I don't mean typical burger grease that is pretty normal but like the patty had just been covered in it. It looked like it needed to be wrung out like a wet dish towel. Someone else had something that resembled a Philly Cheesesteak which was equally disgusting- the cheese was congealed and unflavored nacho cheese which was stuffed into the bun to make it look like there was a decent amount of steak (which there was not).

Now the fries....I didn't think a bar could really screw this up but these were the most disgusting fries I've ever had. I'm not sure if the grease used to fry them was bad, if the potatoes were bad, or a combination of both but it was HORRIBLE. They had a nasty after taste which makes me think that they fried them in the same thing used for the fish and chips- a nasty, fishy taste to them. Just thinking about it makes me want to hurl.

This is by far the worst restaurant I've been to in Vegas. The servers were ok but the food was so bad it doesn't even matter.

Visited March 2011
Brunswick, Ohio
42 attraction reviews
“Pass”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed at the Rio on consecutive Fri/Sat nights. The first Fri. we got in around 10pm and decided we would stay in the casino and get something to eat and drink. Three of us sat a a high table right in the path between the dj and the bar. We counted 6 bar wenches pass us by without a word, we walked. The only reason we tried Sat night was they were allowing the first 20 with an April birthday to drink for free 2 hours and receive a bag of gifts. We sat at the bar knowing we would receive faster service. My father and gf paid $5.00 for a glass of Coors light, $5.00. I plowed down 5 drinks and they only had the 1 drink each. We walked over to the Gold Coast bowling alley and paid $2.00 for the same beer. The following Fri/Sat we didn't even bother and our elevator all nights was next to this over-priced Pub.

Visited April 2011
Newry, United Kingdom
“Not an Irish pub.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Was in the Rio Hotel on a recent trip to Las Vegas and, being an Irish man, decided to pop into what is billed as an Irish pub.
Well this pub is as Irish as the Queen of England.
I hate it when pubs try to cash in by advertising themselves as Irish just because they give themselves an Irish name.
No Irish beer, no Irish memorabelia, no Irish music and no Irish staff. And this was the week before St Patrick's day. Whoever manages this pub doesn't have a clue.
When my wife and I walked into the pub we were immediately hit by how loud the music was. We REALLY could not hear each other.
We stayed for one drink to give it a chance and saw that about 90% of the punters were black people mostly doing their thing to Hip Hop on the dance floor.
Now, before you start judging and calling me a racist, I'm not a racist. Obviously everybody, regardless of colour or creed, can go where they want and dance to whatever they want. I'm merely trying to point out the non-Irishness of the pub.
If this place was actually trying to be an Irish pub, they wouldn't be pumping out Hip Hop at 200 decibels. And in turn, if they did play Irish music or any music by Irish bands, they'd attract a bigger Irish following.
There was nothing at all Irish about this place as the name and advertising try to suggest.
If you're staying at the Rio hotel, by all means, give it a try.
If you're Irish and not staying at the Rio and you want to go to a good Irish pub, stay well clear of this place.
"Nine Fine Irish Men" at the New York New York hotel at least makes an effort to be an Irish themed bar.

Visited March 2011