“Second visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Junior Suite Upgrade
Ranked #31 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Prague, Czech Republic
“Second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have been there two years ago with no best experiences. But I said, let give them another chance. And they changed a lot from my last visit. I can recommend to everybody who wants to be in the heart on Vegas and wants spend some time in quiet hotel. One of the best advantage is fully equipped kitchen, so breakfast can be up to you. Nice very modern interior with everything you can need for the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perham, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We love the location and have returned here at least twice a year. No need to go outside to walk right into the Miracle Mile Shops. Parking is free, covered, and convenient right near the elevators. Huge projector tv is great for fotball and basketball games.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had stayed at the Elara one time before and had a great time.. even upgraded to a 1 bdrm at no charge. So we were so excited to come back. Not only that, we had recommended it to friends and brought 2 other couples with us this time (for a friend's birthday). Super disappointed this time. It just went from bad to worse... When we got to our room the smoke detector was going off AND the bedroom carpet was soaking wet as the plumbing had a leak. So we were sent back downstairs to get a different room. Ok, no problem. We asked for a room on the South side as it had better views. We were told that it would be a couple hours until one on that side was cleaned. Okay, no problem again. We went for lunch and a walk about.. Came back and were told that we had waited hours for nothing as there were no rooms in our category that faced South anyways? Seriously? Ok...fine. We get checked in. Decent room. Go to meet our friends at the pool and relax...have a few drinks.. No outside food or beverage allowed. Sure, you can have a drink by the pool -- but you have to buy their drinks at $12 a pop. Ouch. Didn't expect that. This is Vegas! Then, it happened, the thing that really ticked us off. My husband had gone out for a day with the boys and came back to the room to find his key card didn't work at the security check in (at the elevators). The room was under my name so they wouldn't let him up. We had been to the lobby several times when checking in and he was with me (the room was booked for two people and we got 2 key cards..)-- at no time did any of the staff say, "Hey - you should have your husband's name on the room" So, security brought him up and was about to make him collect his things from the room and boot him out? Wow! I'm all for security... but when you can identify everything in the room and they still are forcing you out.. really? Luckily I sowed up to rectify things...But it's my fault for not 'adding him to the room? I don't think so. Insult to injury was that the card readers were on the fritz at the elevators several times during our trip and the staff were just letting people up randomly. Very disappointed in service in general. Housekeeping only showed up once in 3 days... no coffee (even though we had a coffee maker) I've written a few reviews and I'm not a complainer... But this was really disappointing. During peak season you pay a premium to stay here -- a lot of money for bad service. I don't think we'll be back. It's a great location and the rooms are nice -- but there are so many other hotels in Vegas -- I think we'll give someone else a try next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that you experienced multiple issues throughout your stay with us and that we were not able to exceed all of your expectations. I will be following up with my team to address your comments appropriately. We do take the safety of our guests extremely seriously here and I feel that if we did a good job at check in to ask if there were any additional names that you wanted placed on the room this could have been avoided. It does appear that we should have been a bit more courteous dealing with the situation and I apologize that this occurred.

Stephen J. Arent
Assistant General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Relaxing, clean, quiet! My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We loved how clean it was and that is came with a small kitchen which helped saved some money. I also LOVED that they had a guard at the elevator for safety. Service was great!

North Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed a few nights in a 1 bedroom suite in the Elara, a totally awesome spot. It is connected to the miracle mile shopping area with plenty of restaurants, theaters, and in a great part of the strip. Great views through the large windows and the power shades drop down and become a large screen for the projector. The hotel is fairly new, modern and super sharp.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the one bedroom suite if you want the projector and ask for a high floor for the view.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We used a timeshare benefit to stay over a long weekend. The hotel is accessed through the Miracle Mile mall and parking is about halfway around the Axis (if you drive, self-park as conveniently as possible to level 3 and avoid valet fees). We like Center Strip, so location was perfect. Worst feature: WIFI. I have a tablet that was our best option, but our phones could not maintain service and as they cycled through, we lost a lot of battery. There are several Hilton properties on the Strip - be sure to ask which amenities are at Elara that you want (there is no spa). Best feature: security at elevator bay. Overall, the staff was friendly, and the room was very quiet with a view of the High Roller ferris wheel at the Linq. Bonus: the door weighs about 2,000 lbs so you get a nice core & triceps stretch when you come & go. :)

Room Tip: Ask which direction your room will face if you are worried about street noise or sunrise, and make s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Daly City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I love the feeling as this is a HOME but a Hotel. Good size of the suit and the kitchen is the best, my daughter was really exciting and she can't wait to write her diary. our staying she used very detail words to describe our temporary home. I am very proud of my 8 years old girl!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Been to Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip? Share your experiences!