We stayed at the Elara because we were offered a great deal as Hilton Honors members. The trade-off was that we had to attend a time-share presentation. However, the presentation was low-key and we did not feel pressured. We stayed in a one-bedroom unit on the 28th floor.
Pros: Check-in was easy. The rooms are large and well furnished. We had a nice kitchen area, living space and bedroom with a huge spa-tub. We liked the floor-to-ceiling windows and views. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is large. The location of the resort is very good, adjoining the Miracle Mile shops and Planet Hollywood. Many of the big strip hotels are within walking distance.
Cons: We had a problem getting maid service. The rooms have high-tech lights next to the door to indicate maid service or privacy. Both days we left our room around noon and turned the maid service request light on. Both times we got messages on our phone that service could not be provided because our privacy light was on and that we had to call housekeeping if we wanted service. Both times the messages came in within 10-15 minutes of leaving. The second day we did not return to the room until after their cut-off time (4 pm). Apparently we were on a floor that started service early and apparently they do not check the room lights again. I can only image they expect everyone in Vegas to get up early for the convenience of housekeeping!
The refrigerator door had a couple of large dents in it. The lever to switch the tub from the sprayer to the faucet did not work. It took forever to fill the tub. Maybe it's because we had to use the sprayer to fill it, or maybe it was because the water pressure in the shower was barely adequate. You have to pay for wi-fi.
Note: There is a bar in the lobby and an adjacent Starbucks (with free wi-fi). As others have noted, there is no casino (which could be a plus for many people). We did not use the pool or fitness center.
We would definitely recommend the Elara to time-share owners. For others, you have to consider the price and what type of experience you want. There are a lot of other options in Las Vegas and I doubt we would stay here again unless we got an incredible rate.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Towers Hotel Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Towers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the most desirable location in Las Vegas, Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club-Center Strip, provides an unrivaled resort setting. Towering over the center of the Las Vegas strip, the sleek 52-story tower is adjacent to the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino complex and offers adjoining access to the 170+ shops and restaurants in the Miracle Mile. Just across the street, find the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and City Center to experience the best of Las Vegas. The hotel is also conveniently located to the I-15 freeway and only four miles from McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas Executive Air Terminal and Signature Flight Support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.