“Convenient location & large room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Irvine, California
“Convenient location & large room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at the Elara 11/8 - 11/11 and the weather was perfect. This Hilton hotel is located next to Planet Hollywood & the Miracle Mile mall. The lobby was plain but it was nice that there was no smoky, noisy casino. The hallways were too much red walls, red carpets. However, the 2 BR suite was huge & the view was impressive of the strip. The place was clean & the bed was comfortable. The decor was dated. The LR was huge with projection shade & large leather sofa. They said that the Elara was being remodeled floor-by-floor because of the "red & black" theme (from prior Westgate owners). Great location within walking distance to the strip across from the Bellagio. Our stay in this hotel was nice compared to other reviews posted.

Room Tip: Get a view of the strip, but you can hear traffic noises so get a high floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (949)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We did the check in few hours ago...room 2717. We are in Las Vegas celebrating our anniversary and the nice manager Adam Shafer allocated an amazing suite for us...Excellent example of customer service. Receptionist Ryan was really nice and also the girl in the morning in the front desk was really helpful and polite (I just remember that she is from Iran,I forgot the name) The location of the hotel is perfect. Rooms are huge and important ....beds really comfortable!
Thank you so much for everything...it's going to be an unforgettable stay

Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice place. My first trip to Vegas. Close to everything. Staff was helpful and friendly. We were their to attend a Time Share deal but it was ok. The time share folks were nice even though we didn't buy.

Room Tip: No restaurant or spa in hotel but lots of restaurants in Mall which is attached.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saratoga, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I could had stayed at another hotel and pay similar pricing for similar accommodations. There was no incentive for me to view Hilton Grand Vacations as a quality experience. If this is what they use to lure you into their membership/ownership. I rather book my own hotel and pay same for similar accommodations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We do have a variety of room types to fit our guest’s needs and I apologize that you were not in a room that met your expectations. I do hope that you had a great time while you were staying with us and thank you for taking the time to learn more about our Vacation Club.

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Booked the Elara due to its pool being in the sun in November and for a room with a kitchen. We booked 2 months in advance and even confirmed with the Elara that the pool would be open during our stay. We arrived to find the pool closed. We have been given 3 reasons why the pool is closed. The hotel management isn't the least bit bothered by the fact they ruin people's vacations. Elara guests are permitted to use other HGV pools, but they aren't offering shuttles to the other hotels, they aren't reimbursing for taxis or paying for food and beverage. Brutal. So, you pay more for a suite than a hotel room elsewhere, you can't use the food and beverage you have in your suite because you are elsewhere. Staying at the Elara is a waste of money. Oh ya, there are no signs of any pool reservations going on, which is what they are trying to tell people.

The rooms are tired. There is a serious lack of anything in the kitchen. You pay for a suite with a kitchen and then have to keep calling housekeeping for an extra glass, plate, a cutting board, a knife, etc.

I will never stay at a HGV or a Hilton hotel ever again after so many lies by the Elara.

• Stayed November 2013
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that your room was not prepared and provided you with a fresh, like new feeling as is our goal when servicing our rooms. I will follow up with our Housekeeping team to see why your kitchen was not properly stocked for you to enjoy meals in with your guests. Unfortunately our pool is closed to repair the pool deck and some other condition items. We did choose the winter months since it does get down into the 50’s and is quite chilly but I do apologize that you were not notified of the closure. I understand the importance of exceeding the expectations of our guests and I apologize that we fell short.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We checked in here after a long drive from Yosemite. Unfortunately, I had left my ID in my bag which I had left with the porters at the valet car parking. When I tried to check in, I was told I couldn't without ID, which is fair enough. However; I explained the situation and asked if the receptionist could phone the porter to bring my bag to reception (I had the number), I was flatly refused and told that I had to go back to the car park to get my bag (which was on a different floor). My wife did not look forward to this but we managed to check in with her ID after some negotiation.

The room itself was very good and comfortable.

My wife then tried to get change for a note she withdrew from the hotel cash machine in the reception. She was told to go to Planet Hollywood.

The check out process, in contrast, was very efficient and the receptionist was very friendly.

In summary, a hotel which is well placed and comfortable. I normally enjoy staying in Hiltons (I have Diamond Frequent Stay membership) but was put off, on this occasion, by the service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you left your wallet in your car at check in and had to provide another option for us. We do have strict procedures when it comes to verifying ID’s and the handling of such private information. We have these in place to make sure we are protecting yourself and our other guests against things like fraud. I am glad to have read that your room was comfortable and your check out was a positive experience.

Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have a studio room for 2 with king bed on the 28 floor, flat screen tv and microwave kitchen. The large window overlooks part of the Las Vegas strip view. The hotel is within walking distance off the strip. Overall, it's a good and comfortable facility and we would recommend it to all our friends and family.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Been to Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip? Share your experiences!