“Avoid Elara Hilton Grand Vacations at all cost.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Junior Suite Upgrade
Ranked #31 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Columbus, United States
“Avoid Elara Hilton Grand Vacations at all cost.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm a platinum with Marriott and a silver with Hilton. I travel a lot. This is my only negative review in 30+ years of traveling. HGV called me several times after 11:30pm before my trip. I said it was to late to be calling. I was told that I have to understand HGV is on west coast time. I received my confirmation e-mails in Japanese. Prior to arrival I was told, not asked, that my tour appointment was being changed from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Therefore, I had to change my itinerary to meet yours. It took 29 minutes to be spoken to for check in. When asking the clerk for restaurant (dinner) information I was told to come back at 9:00am and talk to the Concierge. Upon exiting the elevator (23rd floor) it smelled like spoiled milk. The room (2318) was smaller than a Residence Inn standard room. The soap dish had soap scum from the previous occupant. The room didn't have tissues for two days. The trash cans were not emptied twice. I filled the bathtub with warm water, got in, turned on the jets, and they blew out chunks of black mold. I was bussed from the Elara to another hotel for my tour. This felt like bait and switch. My tour guide was outstanding. If we were in Columbus, Ohio I would have stolen her away and made her one of my sales reps. I had such a bad experience that there was no way I would become an owner of a Hilton Grand Vacations package. Marriott will stay my primary hotel. However, I am thinking of moving Hilton from my secondary to third place (swapping with Hyatt.) I did not feel the Elara was an elite hotel. It was not a Grand Vacation. I felt that the Elara was a low end (Marriott Residence Inn) business hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad that your salesperson did such an amazing job! I will definitely pass along the positive comments to our team so that we can recognize her. I apologize that your tour time was changed and that the change caused you to not make the most out of your vacation time. I will speak to my Housekeeping team regarding the odor on your floor as we do have Floor Managers that should be taking care of any issues like this. I am also going to have my Engineering team take a look at the Jacuzzi to discover what the issue was with the jets.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is not one of the most "famous" Vegas hotels but it's wonderful.
Located on the strip, it is a new hotel (since 2009) with about 45 floors.

Rooms are large and comfortable, everything was very clean, friendly staff and overall good atmosphere.
it is also very reasonably priced (I paid $140/night and got a very high value for my money).

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors - there is a great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sooke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

All the staff was excellent. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the strip but not in a casino. Very nice lobby. The rooms are okay though they are getting a little tired. Lots of scuffs and marks on the furniture. Well used for sure and the hallways are dark and dirty. Our jacuzzi tub was broken and the hotel ran out of hot water during our stay as well which was a disappointment. Having to pay extra for wifi is annoying. I was told when making my reservation that there was complementary Starbucks which was not true. We were there for 5 days but the pool was closed all but one. One of the more off putting parts of the experience was getting transferred to a high pressure time share sales pitch following my reservation. That alone has put me off Hilton brand. All in all, there is potential for an excellent experience though I am not sure I would risk it again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the kind words regarding our team as they work extremely hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your room and that you were told you would receive complimentary Starbucks. I will be sharing your comments with my Sales team regarding your experience and I appreciate your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Almost every hotel in Las Vegas is located pass a casino, so the crowds are often in every corner and the noises of the slot machines, aside of the tourism hours, could reveal to be annoying. So, comes Elara hotel as a great option to be either very near to the Strip (it connects to the Miracle Mile shopping mall and Planet Hollywood), but also calm, without casinos and, as so, the crowds. It has a 24/7 Starbucks in the lobby (great finding to jet-laggers), and good access to taxis, rental companies, etc. Our room was located in the 26th floor, with great views. Better options invlude rooms up to 50th plus floors. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Asked for a room with a view..as it was our 10th wedding anniversary and it surpassed all my expectations !!! Jacuzzi in bedroom, huge walk in shower...fab dining area..massive lounge..Also great pool area with lush cabanas..and lovely bar area..what more could you want ...all staff encountered were extremely helpful .Would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Check in took 30 minutes at 9PM at night. The counter staff seemed to have great difficulty with several guests' issues. Room was ok, but had no coffee cups. Charge for internet. Hotel signs for self-parking and then locating lobby ate poor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize it took so long to check in as this is not normal to have to wait for that long. We do charge for the internet but we also have complimentary options in our Business Center and at Starbucks.

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked a quiet room. Checked in Nov 2 late due to flight looking forward to a 5 night stay. Very noisy room. I asked to move and told could be done next day when 372 rooms would become available. Next day they refused to move us. Didn't get a good night sleep once despite ear plugs. When checking out told that next time we shouldn't book a room when they have a convention. Next time?
Oh, the sock over the smoke detector on the ceiling was an unusual and disgusting touch.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I understand the importance of a good night’s sleep and I apologize that there were some noises that were bothersome. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so we can discuss the opportunities where we can do better and thank you for your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip? Share your experiences!