“Hilton Elara Las Vegas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Junior Suite Upgrade
Ranked #27 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
“Hilton Elara Las Vegas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Check in took 30 minutes at 9PM at night. The counter staff seemed to have great difficulty with several guests' issues. Room was ok, but had no coffee cups. Charge for internet. Hotel signs for self-parking and then locating lobby ate poor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize it took so long to check in as this is not normal to have to wait for that long. We do charge for the internet but we also have complimentary options in our Business Center and at Starbucks.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,034)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked a quiet room. Checked in Nov 2 late due to flight looking forward to a 5 night stay. Very noisy room. I asked to move and told could be done next day when 372 rooms would become available. Next day they refused to move us. Didn't get a good night sleep once despite ear plugs. When checking out told that next time we shouldn't book a room when they have a convention. Next time?
Oh, the sock over the smoke detector on the ceiling was an unusual and disgusting touch.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I understand the importance of a good night’s sleep and I apologize that there were some noises that were bothersome. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so we can discuss the opportunities where we can do better and thank you for your comments.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here while attending a convention and really enjoyed the experience. We arrived around noon, and had to wait until later in the afternoon for our room to be ready which really was no big deal. Our room was a corner junior suite on the 52nd floor and it was spectacular. It really isn't the 52nd floor as there are no floors between 39 and 50, but it was still very high up with a great view. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was probably the best I have ever had, wanted to take it home. The room was very quiet, and everything was as it should be.
In terms of location the hotel is very well positioned, right next door to Planet Hollywood and the hotel opens directly onto the Miracle Mile shoppping area. We used the ABC store there for our drink and snack purchases, definitely cheaper than the hotel store. The 24 hour Starbucks on site was a nice touch. The pool area was very nice, but the water was a little too cold for early October, even if it was still 90 degrees. Service was excellent and I would not hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've stayed here 2 times now.
First was for my stag and it was awesome. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and the rooms during our stay here. I really like this hotel to me it feels very modern & masculine (black toilets, red leather couches, & pop art.)

We booked 2 JR suits, they were huge & across the hall from each other. For 10 of us this place priced out better than any other hotel on the miracle mile (No Hotel Fees either). Getting a full kitchen, laundry room, living room with projection screens, & 2 full bedrooms was exceptional.

I stayed here the first time during May Long Weekend - the pool was amazing also! Lots of sitting areas, great DJ, and bar.

The second time was for Halloween with friends/couples so we all had our own rooms.
I only have 2 complaints and that's why I can't give this place a perfect score.

This last time around, the room next to us was a large suite. We had a side room that could open up to the suite. On our 2nd night the larger suites guests checked in and they were so loud! Clearly a stag and they were having a blast, which is great but, it actually felt like they were in our room. I think hotel staff told them to shut their music off, which they did, but every time they were there we could hear their conversations, or they woke us up, or we were just very aware of them. So maybe not the most soundproof hotel if you get a room like mine.

The second negative is the wifi situation.. It's so strange that it's not included. I payed the $10 for a day and it didn't work in our room. I had a better connection at Starbucks in the lobby. Which isn't convenient when you have 4 other groups staying on different floors and you are trying to stay somewhat connected.

I travel a lot and not being from the states I hate having my iPhone on as much as I had to here. I try to utilize wifi as much as possible when I'm away from home & I sorta expect it to be available & convenient when I am staying in a hotel.

That being said everything else is pretty great here. No resort fees rock and the pool is awesome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Darlington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We arrived after travelling 20+ hours so were disappointed to hear that the only room they could offer us was one for disabled guests. We were too exhausted to challenge this so accepted the room. Only when we awoke next day did we see that the bathroom had only walk in shower, no stopper in the sink so could have lost anything down the drain! Air Conditioning was faulty so arrived back after shopping to 83 degrees in the room. After many calls to management etc we were moved to another room but not the ideal having to re-pack and waste time in Vegas.

We choose Hilton on the strength of their other locations both in UK and Europe where we found them to be value for money. If only we had choosen another on the strip - this whole experience in this Hilton ruined our 42nd wedding anniversary celebration somewhat and I would not recommend the hotel to anyone. Lets face it, the choice is vast.

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to have read that there were some issues with your air conditioning and that your first room was an accessible unit. I understand that it is a hassle to move rooms but I am glad we were able to move you the next day into something more enjoyable.

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

5 girls from the UK arrived for a 4 night stay. Always thought the Hilton was a brand you could trust and reviews were good all round so that's why we went with this hotel. Check in was lousy service. When we said that we didn't have a credit card to put a $100 deposit on the room for anything we might need (bearing in mind there is no minibar so it sounded like it was just in case we trashed the place!) the guy told us that we had to provide one or we couldn't check in. He then said we were lucky that it was only $100 taken and not $300 like the Bellagio! When we got to the room there were lipstick marks on our cups and glasses, the dishwasher wasn't working and beeping consistently. No bedding for our sofa bed. Got all these things sorted eventually. Well, The next day we all moved to our 2 bedroom suite and had to do the whole check in process again. They said if we waited to check in until the afternoon then we would get a room with a great view. This didn't happen. We ended up looking at the car park again. This time we were unlucky enough to have Elisabeth who checked us in. Again, we had to go through the whole credit card deposit fiasco again. She couldn't just use the info from the previous day - why is beyond me! She spoke to us like we were something she'd scraped of her shoe and then typed for a long time without talking to us. She rolled her eyes and huffed and puffed a lot when we had a query with WiFi.
The things I did like were that was a security guy by the lifts to check your room key and I felt a little more secure knowing that. Starbucks is pretty much in the lobby.
The place was spacious and tidy, but for what you pay and expect from a Hilton it felt kind of basic. The Jacuzzi in the master suite didn't work ad took about an hour to fill.
As check out is a stupid 10am. I called down to see if we could get a later check out. Again, I was unfortunate to get Elisabeth. She said that becuase of the occupancy that it wouldn't be possible to check out any later. Just by chance I popped by reception and spoke to a lovely lady with blonde hair. She was amazing! I wish she'd looked after us from the start. She ensured that it was no problem to check out a bit later. She happily changed it to 11am instead of 10am.
So, all in all not a bad hotel, but the customer service was it's let down. If it weren't for the lovely blonde lady this hotel would be getting less. I was disgusted with the attitude of some.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m sorry that we were not able to exceed all of your expectations as this is one of our goals. We do require a valid credit card at check in so that we have one on file for any room charges for room service, pool bar & grill, etc… With that said, I am disappointed to learn about the customer service that was provided as we should be proactively assisting our guest’s needs and providing options to ensure you have the best stay possible. I will be following up with my team and also provide recognition for the team member that you recognized as being amazing!

Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

by touching the centre strip and next to planet hollywood casino and miracle miles shop, Elara, is surely a travelers choice for spending time after een a busy day,as you come after your work, one can easily take a walk into the centre strip and go around to see vegas main attractions just by walking,
the rooms with one side full glass walls provide a breath taking beautiful view all time of the day, with a kitchenette and microwave fitted in the room one can spend hours enjoying the views, as you go hiher stories the view becomes more beautiful,
well appointer hollywood theme decor of the rooms with a pluch leather couch gives a very open minded funky theme.. the staff is very helping and just love the place.
one can reach to any part of vegas in 10 min by taxi so the location is relly nice with very good pricing.

Room Tip: ask for a room as highest to feel the beauty around and facing the airport
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business