“Good location and great staff, that's about it though.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Junior Suite Upgrade
Ranked #29 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sooke
“Good location and great staff, that's about it though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

All the staff was excellent. The location is perfect as it is in the middle of the strip but not in a casino. Very nice lobby. The rooms are okay though they are getting a little tired. Lots of scuffs and marks on the furniture. Well used for sure and the hallways are dark and dirty. Our jacuzzi tub was broken and the hotel ran out of hot water during our stay as well which was a disappointment. Having to pay extra for wifi is annoying. I was told when making my reservation that there was complementary Starbucks which was not true. We were there for 5 days but the pool was closed all but one. One of the more off putting parts of the experience was getting transferred to a high pressure time share sales pitch following my reservation. That alone has put me off Hilton brand. All in all, there is potential for an excellent experience though I am not sure I would risk it again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the kind words regarding our team as they work extremely hard to provide the best experience possible for our guests. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with your room and that you were told you would receive complimentary Starbucks. I will be sharing your comments with my Sales team regarding your experience and I appreciate your comments.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,019)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Almost every hotel in Las Vegas is located pass a casino, so the crowds are often in every corner and the noises of the slot machines, aside of the tourism hours, could reveal to be annoying. So, comes Elara hotel as a great option to be either very near to the Strip (it connects to the Miracle Mile shopping mall and Planet Hollywood), but also calm, without casinos and, as so, the crowds. It has a 24/7 Starbucks in the lobby (great finding to jet-laggers), and good access to taxis, rental companies, etc. Our room was located in the 26th floor, with great views. Better options invlude rooms up to 50th plus floors. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Asked for a room with a view..as it was our 10th wedding anniversary and it surpassed all my expectations !!! Jacuzzi in bedroom, huge walk in shower...fab dining area..massive lounge..Also great pool area with lush cabanas..and lovely bar area..what more could you want ...all staff encountered were extremely helpful .Would most definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Falling Waters, West Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Check in took 30 minutes at 9PM at night. The counter staff seemed to have great difficulty with several guests' issues. Room was ok, but had no coffee cups. Charge for internet. Hotel signs for self-parking and then locating lobby ate poor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize it took so long to check in as this is not normal to have to wait for that long. We do charge for the internet but we also have complimentary options in our Business Center and at Starbucks.

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked a quiet room. Checked in Nov 2 late due to flight looking forward to a 5 night stay. Very noisy room. I asked to move and told could be done next day when 372 rooms would become available. Next day they refused to move us. Didn't get a good night sleep once despite ear plugs. When checking out told that next time we shouldn't book a room when they have a convention. Next time?
Oh, the sock over the smoke detector on the ceiling was an unusual and disgusting touch.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I understand the importance of a good night’s sleep and I apologize that there were some noises that were bothersome. I will be sharing your feedback with my team so we can discuss the opportunities where we can do better and thank you for your comments.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here while attending a convention and really enjoyed the experience. We arrived around noon, and had to wait until later in the afternoon for our room to be ready which really was no big deal. Our room was a corner junior suite on the 52nd floor and it was spectacular. It really isn't the 52nd floor as there are no floors between 39 and 50, but it was still very high up with a great view. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was probably the best I have ever had, wanted to take it home. The room was very quiet, and everything was as it should be.
In terms of location the hotel is very well positioned, right next door to Planet Hollywood and the hotel opens directly onto the Miracle Mile shoppping area. We used the ABC store there for our drink and snack purchases, definitely cheaper than the hotel store. The 24 hour Starbucks on site was a nice touch. The pool area was very nice, but the water was a little too cold for early October, even if it was still 90 degrees. Service was excellent and I would not hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've stayed here 2 times now.
First was for my stag and it was awesome. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and the rooms during our stay here. I really like this hotel to me it feels very modern & masculine (black toilets, red leather couches, & pop art.)

We booked 2 JR suits, they were huge & across the hall from each other. For 10 of us this place priced out better than any other hotel on the miracle mile (No Hotel Fees either). Getting a full kitchen, laundry room, living room with projection screens, & 2 full bedrooms was exceptional.

I stayed here the first time during May Long Weekend - the pool was amazing also! Lots of sitting areas, great DJ, and bar.

The second time was for Halloween with friends/couples so we all had our own rooms.
I only have 2 complaints and that's why I can't give this place a perfect score.

This last time around, the room next to us was a large suite. We had a side room that could open up to the suite. On our 2nd night the larger suites guests checked in and they were so loud! Clearly a stag and they were having a blast, which is great but, it actually felt like they were in our room. I think hotel staff told them to shut their music off, which they did, but every time they were there we could hear their conversations, or they woke us up, or we were just very aware of them. So maybe not the most soundproof hotel if you get a room like mine.

The second negative is the wifi situation.. It's so strange that it's not included. I payed the $10 for a day and it didn't work in our room. I had a better connection at Starbucks in the lobby. Which isn't convenient when you have 4 other groups staying on different floors and you are trying to stay somewhat connected.

I travel a lot and not being from the states I hate having my iPhone on as much as I had to here. I try to utilize wifi as much as possible when I'm away from home & I sorta expect it to be available & convenient when I am staying in a hotel.

That being said everything else is pretty great here. No resort fees rock and the pool is awesome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip? Share your experiences!