“Great location is all you get here, no other bonuses” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #28 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Clonmel, Ireland
“Great location is all you get here, no other bonuses”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me start by saying if every Hilton would look that way I wouldn't be a member HHonors. Let's start with good points, great location, no casino so quiet, good size of rooms although the highest floor have bigger rooms as we have been moved during our stay so we saw big difference in size even though room was same type -1 bedroom suite. Internet quiet good and not so expensive 39.99 $ per week.
Now reality check, first and worst for me lack of any housekeeping -change towels is not enough to call it housekeeping, ok they put dirty dishes in dishwasher but left shower totally dirty old empty bottles lying around, no hoover at all during 11 days of our stay, everything was dusty I really didn't feel comfortable there. And the best of all, housekeeper knocker once quietly we didn't hear they didn't even try get in but instead left a message :SORRY WE MISSED YOU IF YOU NEED ANYTHING CHANGE CONTACT HOUSEKEEPING. What that suppose to be?? I work in housekeeping myself many years ago and let me tell you even if you missed guest you don't just walked away and leave dirty room behind!!! That is just poor laziness. Horrible service. Everything is very dated there. So many better hotels out there. As I mention before it's no casino which I liked when I booked it but I didn't realise it will be nothing else there, tiny pool and small bar in front of it and Starbucks coffee that's al that hotel have to offer.Thank God for miracle mile shops next door as that was the only entertainment.
After not nice experience I went to check out, regulate my balance (internet and phone calls)by cash and when I back home I realise that they charge me same amount on my card. So now after all that I have to sort out this with them.I call today but people responsible for it are in tomorrow so I have to call again. Person paying for all that will be me of course and let me tell you calling America from Ireland isn't cheap. Totally wrong experience and not happy at all. Thanks to other Hilton for leaving me such a good impressions cause otherwise I would never back to Hilton hotel after that stay.

Room Tip: definitely go higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank maggiedino
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with me and I apologize that you had experienced problems with our Housekeeping team. They do have a detailed checklist on what to cover when servicing a room and it definitely appears that items were overlooked. We do leave voicemail messages on rooms where there is a do not disturb on as we make sure we respect our guest’s privacy. We do not have any restaurant on property but we do offer Room Service as well as a pool bar and grill that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The addition of Starbucks has been a welcomed amenity to our guests looking to get a jump start on the day. I apologize that your bill was not settled appropriately and that you had to call back to ensure that it was handled correctly. This should have never taken place and I will follow up to ensure that your experience is shared with the team on how mistakes can effect someone’s valuable vacation time.

Stephen Arent
Assistant General Manager

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We were booked into a studio room and on check in requested a room on a high floor, and which was no problem and the check in was fast friendly and efficient.
To get to the
you hand your room key to security who swipe in in a machine to check valid, I see this as a positive step to ensure occupants safety and the people were always friendly and helpful.
Our room was on the 50th floor and was a good size and also had a kitchenette with sink, dishwasher, combi oven and fridge great for keeping your beer and wine cold.
The view was spectacular as the room had floor to ceiling glass and looked out towards MGM/airport /mountains an electronic blind closed out the light and acted as a blackout blinds.
Good bathroom with separate toilet and great sized bed.
Our room service was faultless the towels replaced as required and folded everyday. the room was spotless any cups or glasses used were put in the dishwasher an the program run!
We had an issue with our electronic blind on arrival, please but a call to reception had this sorted within an hour by a great maintenance guy who also gave us some great tips on what to do and even on making sure we were happy with his work.
Good pool with plenty of space.
Hotel in in a great location attached to the miracle mile shopping centre and accessories to planet Hollywood casino.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank iprodrick
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Elara Hilton is located one block off of the strip, connected to the Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Hollywood. We stayed on the "54th" floor, though in reality is 44th but the hotel does not have any numbered floors in the 40's due to Asian culture superstition, so I was told by an employee.

Upon entering the property via the valet entrance, which is one grade below ground level, we were greeted warmly by valet/bell staff, who remained friendly throughout our four night stay. You enter through lower lobby entrance and take an escalator up to the check-in/main lobby area. At the time of our arrival there was no delay (Sunday at 4pm) and was immediately assisted at the HHonors section of the front desk. Prior to going to the desk a Hotel Employee tried to convince me to proceed to the timeshare desk to secure information on the property and to also secure a 500 point bonus for my HHonors account. Not needing to hear a timeshare sales pitch, or in need of 500 points, I declined and they did NOT interfere with my stay one time. By the way, the lobby looked completely boring and has absolutely no interesting decor and/or color. It was completely sterile looking and may be the most boring lobby I've witnessed, which is saying something.

At check-in, the front desk agent, Ray, was very friendly and seemingly enjoyed his job. The only downside to this check-in experience was he did not acknowledge my HHonors Diamond status, nor explain anything about any amenity the property may have had. Upon arriving at my "Premiere Suite", which was two bedroom, I was pleasantly surprised with the room decor and view, which was looking over to the MGM and the airport. The colors of the rooms were quite masculine, red/black/white. The room had sufficient furniture and was very comfortable with above average bedding comfort. The best part of the room was the use of the 8' projection TV which projects directly onto the living room window shade, when deployed in the down position. Each bedroom had a jacuzzi, one a single person jacuzzi, another with a party jacuzzi.

Room service was ok, perhaps a bit better than most hotel food outlets. Please know that if you want food, you MUST order through room service because there is NOT an on-site restaurant, other than Starbucks and some minor foods at the pool bar and lobby bar. The rooms does have a full kitchen so you may utilize that amenity, which also includes a dishwasher and full refrigerator/freezer.

The only negative issue I experienced during my four night stay was the poor housekeeping. It seems they took the shortcuts at every opportunity they could. On my last night, I had to ask housekeeping to throw away the empty McDonald's bags/hamburger boxes which didn't fit in the garbage cans as they left them in the room for two days, and also had to ask them to run the vacuum in each room as this was not done the prior days either. The in-room bathroom amenities were not replenished except when I asked for them to be, which is really unacceptable but not necessarily an issue which would preclude me from staying here.

If you are seeking a well located hotel that does not possess an on-site casino, then this property would be a good selection. The room rates are not bad, and the connection to the Miracle Mile Mall and Planet Hollywood are convenient. This property is one block from the Strip, across from City Center and is about 15 minute drive to airport. Just know it is a Timeshare, not a hotel, so do not expect the same amenities, such as food outlet choices, etc.

Room Tip: choose a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank LiscomeBay
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Its hard to get a smoke free room in Vegas and yet stay close to all the fun. we usually stay in Planet Hollywood but the smoke smell was just unbearable. we found this little gem attached to the Miracle Mile Mall so it made everything easier. Planet hollywoods Casino was just around the corner from inside the mall so no need to step out in the blaring dessert heat at this time of the year.

Rooms are awesome, try to get one of the Junior suites, it has a kitchenette which helps alot and best of all ceiling to floor window view.

Pool is outside and its big so tons of room.

There's no restaurants that the hotel promotes but there's alot of breakfast/lunch/dinner places all over the mall.

Hope all this helps and best of luck!

Room Tip: Junior King Suite is good for couples. For family i would suggest the 2 Bedroom suites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nawaz2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The Elara is a very nice facility. The pool is nice but the service at the pool wasn't very good. I tried calling the front desk many times, but no one ever answered. Maybe I don't know how this hotel is supposed to work, but housekeeping didn't take very good care of us. We were there for 9 days and received clean towels the day we arrived and one other time - after we called housekeeping. Room was nice, but the service level was less than expected.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kitikat33
Thank you for posting your experience with us and I appreciate the kind words regarding our facility. I apologize that the Front Desk was not picking up when you attempted to get a hold of us and that the service out at the pool was not very good. I will be touching base with the team to follow up on your stay to see what happened. We do have a green program in place that might have been the issue with not receiving fresh towels daily as this is definitely something we provide.

Stephen Arent
Assistant General Manager
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for the kitchen facilities. Fantastic location; in the middle if the strip. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. We weren't disappointed! Hugh rooms with 4 televisions, even in the bathroom and a 7ft projector screen when the blinds are down. Big, soft comfy bed with a 2 person jacuzzi. Stayed on the 33rd floor; what a view! We were a big group; some staying at the Bellagio and some at the Venetian. We were most comfortable meeting at the Elara. We visited the Bellagio and the Venetian; but if I visited Las Vegas again, it's definitely going to be the Elara. Already recommended to friends.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is connected to the Miracle Mile Shops/Planet Hollywood. You exit the hotel and shopping is right there! From check in to housekeeping to security every one was extremely nice! We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite which was amazing! The living room had a sectional which also had a pullout. A kitchen table to sit down and actually eat! Full size kitchen with all new appliances including dishwasher. The bedroom had a comfortable king size bed with jacuzzi in the room. The bathroom had large shower, double sinks and toilet separated by a door. The vanity held a surprise with a washer/dryer combo! The website and pictures does not capture the essence of this room. No resort fee was also a plus. Our annual Vegas trip has a new home!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 27th floor towards the back but could see from PH and all northbound hotels and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple