“Good location, comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip

You added Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip to your Saves list
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   80 E. Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 (Formerly Planet Hollywood Towers)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Junior Suite Upgrade
Ranked #31 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
Manila, Philippines
“Good location, comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

A modernesque and comfortable room awaited us at the Elara Hilton. Predictably, we made little use of available facilities given there’s so much to do in Las Vegas. While the hotel does not itself have restaurants, it does have a small room service menu and there’s access to the dozen or so restaurants in the adjacent mall. On arrival, we took advantage of valet parking (though I understand we could have parked it ourselves and saved the “tip” cost (though the speedy and friendly parking guys deserve it). Only real gripe was the $9.95 internet charge given the not low-priced room costs.

Room Tip: A northside room allows less sun in the morning for night owls and light-sensitive sleepers.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

When I checked in, the first thing I noticed was how nice, friendly and personable the staff was. A few days later, I realized that I had gone to the front desk numerous times (left key in room, wanted additional water, needed walking directions to restuarants and conference centers) and each time, the front desk associate was friendly, asked how I was, how was I enjoying my stay and I never once fel that it was insincencere.

One night when I returned from the conference, the room wasn't made up. I realized that I left the Do Not Disturb sing on. I called the desk asking for service and went out to dinner. When I returned the room had been made up and there was a voice message from Guest Services following up to make sure the room had been made up to my satisfaction. Paying attention to details and following up on requests turn me into a fan.

The room itself was nice. The hotel is fairly new so thre isn't a lot of wear and tear. As you enter the room there is a small kitchenette. I barely used it but it was nice to have a kitchen sink, water glasses and a place to keep wine, water and leftovers cold.

The rooms was clean and housekeeping maintained it well throughout the week. This is a non-smoking hotel and was pleased there wasn't a hint of previous smoking tenanats.

I thought the price was extremely reasonable for what I received. I am not a huge Vegas fan but this is one hotel that I look forward to coming back to. I hope it is just as wonderful when I come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed atthis property multiple times, with just my husband, with our children, with extended family, and on business by myself. Each time has been enjoyable and worth every penny. As others have mentioned, you can get a pretty nice view of the Paris Hotel or peek a boo view of fountains at the Bellagio. The rooms are very spacious and super convenient when travelling with children. I love the full kitchens in the suites as they help to keep food costs low if you stock up in your room. I've always felt safe, but did have a few run ins with a few shady characters in the lobby when I travelled by myself on business. I don't fault the hotel for this as knuckleheads will exist no matter where you are. I was grateful that there was security at the elevator entrance so these thugs couldn't follow me to my room. I have stayed here both when the property belonged to Westgate and now that it is a Hilton property. I especially like being able to collect Hilton Honors points. We have utilized the pool on ,ultiple occasions. I will agree that the early closing hour is silly. There is no reason I could think of that would justify closing so early in Vegas. We rented a cabana both last summer and this summer. It was $100 on a Tuesday a few weeks ago. To me, it was worth every penny as it gave some relief from the unrelenting sun. My only real complaint concerns the parking garage. I absolutely love that I could park on the 3rd floor and be right by the lobby/elevators, however, the past two times I've gone, months apart, there was "repair" going on and multiple floors were blocked off. Not cool when you are juggling luggage and children down to the 3rd floor. I know there are escalators, but it's still annoying and inconvenient. I only actually saw work being done on the floors one day this past trip. Oh, one more complaint. Why does it take so freaking long to check out. Now that it is a Hilton property, it takes FOREVER to check out as there are usually just a couple of people at the desk. Didn't have this problem prior to Hilton taking over. Come on Hilton, I'm loyal to you. Please don't make me change my mind over such an annoying inconvenience. It isn't a big deal when I am travelling on leisure, but it was annoying as heck when I was there on business.

Nevertheless, I will definitely return. Love this place. Everyone is always very nice and helpful to me. Great value, great rooms and great location. I've stayed in a studio, junior suite, 1 bedroom suite and a 2 bedroom suite.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Elara last weekend (July 20 - July 23) and to say that I was in awe the moment I entered our junior suite is an understatement. Comfortable, affordable, and classy. I will be sure to let everyone know about Vegas' best kept secret. I will be back!
Heather

Room Tip: ask for a junior suite, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice, comfortable hotel. Easy access to the Strip. Love the non-smoking environment. Pool was great and in the sun all day. We had an excellant rate on our room. Would stay at the Elara again. Desk employees were super helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the 52 floor, facing south. Beautiful view of mountains, and Strip lights. The central A...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

A nice new hotel located inside the one mile mall. Nothing special for the price.
With so many Vegas options along the strip not sure if we'd stay here again. A little impersonal and not much vibe.

• Stayed July 2012
Evergreen, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've stayed here many times just this past few months so I think I can write a very fair review of this property. The rooms are indeed nice, but the service (excluding the great guys in valet) is lacking. Myself and several co-workers stay here constantly as stated, but no one save the valets ever even recognize or go out of their way to greet us. Check in is always miserably slow. Also as a Diamond I've not received one upgrade. The pool is nice, but to bad it closes at 6pm even if it's well over 100 degrees - this is just crazy. When we questioned the management they simply smile, shrug their shoulders and say they will "pass the info along" (employees told us management did not want to pay to staff the pool a few extra hours which makes me think business must not be very good...) The drinks are obscenely priced and bar service poor, Though I personally have not experienced it my co-workers have often witnessed some pretty rowdy behavior - I have seen many "Thug types" in the lobby and I noticed they have started to check every single guests room pass before they will even let you near the elevator - I'm sure they would say extra security, but kind of odd none the less. Location is good as its pretty much on the strip (and close to where I do business as well). If you're looking to party it's probably a great place, but I cannot recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I would like to apologize to you on behalf of Elara for the lack of attention my staff has provided to you and your business partners during your stays with us. We did do a study on the pool hours and due to lack of usage we did make the business decision to close at 6pm because the facility wasn’t being utilized. Due to feedback like yours I am happy to report that effective Thursday July 26th the pool hours have been extended back until 8pm. Prior to the Hilton transition the property was branded with Planet Hollywood and that is why you see a very diverse young party crowd as we continue down the path of the rebranding we can assure you that your experience will become more of what you expect to find with Hilton. If you would like please contact me for your future stays at dgeorge@hgvc.com and I will personally attend to your reservation. Thank you very much for the great feedback on the Bell staff. They work very hard to ensure that every interaction they have is a memorable one.

Dana George
AGM Customer Service

Been to Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Center Strip? Share your experiences!