“Wonderful, Unique Las Vegas Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hike This! Private Tours

Hike This! Private Tours
7500 West Lake Mead Boulevard, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Las Vegas, NV 89128 (Summerlin)
702-708-2610
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
NY
15 attraction reviews
“Wonderful, Unique Las Vegas Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Neil arranged for a rock scramble for myself and three friends. It was a little misty, but we decided to go ahead with the hike. A storm was moving in over the canyon, and it started to rain. We hiked for about 1.5 hours before it became too slippery to continue.

Mind you, this entire we were having a blast, with our backpacks provided by Neil (including water, snacks, tissues, gloves rain gear etc...) and the rain and trying to scramble up and over. What fun - even if we were all muddy and soaking wet.

When Neil dropped us off - he refused payment at all, saying our trip really wasn't a full out journey that we had agreed on. NO WAY! We had a great time - we scrambled and toured the canyon, he provided transportation and awesome guide service, food snacks and water. We finally insisted on a compromise.

Our driver from the airport told us we were silly to hire a guide - that we should just rent a car and do the drive ourselves. There is no way we would have ever found the trails and paths Neil led us - and certainly no way we would have found our way back to our car. There are no marked trails nor maps for the rock area.

What a great trip, great guy and guide and memories (and mud) to last a long time.

Highly recommended.

Montreal
“Hike This LV- Guaranteed to be the best experience in Vegas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I have had the fortune of hiking with Neil 5 or 6 times. We keep returning to Vegas to see what new challenging hikes and breathtaking views he has in store for us. Neil is professional, experienced and knowledgeable. He also happens to be hilarious and has us laughing throughout much of our hikes. He is able to determine your level of comfort and works from there. Having returned so many times, Neil has also had some surprises in store for us (such as a mini Birthday Cake at the summit!). I can't say enough about the unparalleled experience of hiking in Red Rock with such a fun, qualified and skillful guide. You will NOT be disappointed and you will keep coming back for more!HikeThisLasVegas is by far the best experience you will have on or off the strip!!

Philadelphia, PA
“Great break from the strip--terrific guide and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My wife and I went on a challenging mountain scramble with Neil and had a great time. Neil couldn't have been a better guide and was great to talk with. The route he took us on was challenging and unique--there is no way a novice hiker could find this route on their own. Not to mentioned Neil provided patient, but useful instruction on the safest way up and down the route. Highly recommended!

Alberta, Canada
“Highlight of My Vegas Vacation - Absolutly amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

I had the most amazing experience hiking in the Red Rock Canyon just outside of Las Vegas. I have been to Las Vegas 8 times and this was the highlight of my vegas trips. It was the best money that I have spent in Vegas yet. Awesome deal!

me inside my comfort level. He went above and beyond in all aspects of the adventure. The one on one was great for me as I felt that I did not have to keep up with anyone. The lunch that he provided was excellent, awesome photos that I got after with a personalized disc.

I think that everyone (all fitness and skill levels) could enjoy the challenge of a hike or scramble in the Red Rocks! Don't think twice about this one - just do it! It will be the highlight of your trip!

toronto
“The best thing we did in Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

I cannot recommend Hike This and Neil enough for anyone visiting Las Vegas. Neil led my son and I on a hike through the Red Rock Canyon and we had the times of our lives. Neil is an excellent guide and will adjust the hike to any level of effort. He made sure that we had all the supplies we needed and more importantly made sure that the experience was all about us. This is truly an activity not to be missed. Go to the Hike This website and book as soon as you know you will be going to Las Vegas, you won't regret it.

Been to Hike This! Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hike This! Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.