“VIP Treatment was Incredible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel32 at Monte Carlo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel32 at Monte Carlo
You added Hotel32 at Monte Carlo to your Saves list
3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Top Floor of Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, NV (The Strip)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 269 Hotels in Las Vegas
Weatherford, Texas
“VIP Treatment was Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and 2 adult children and I just returned from a whirlwind elopement Vegas trip. After researching for weeks for Hotels, restaurants, wedding chapels, etc., I happened to find a review of Hotel 32 written by a travel writer. I had never even heard of this hotel before and it had not shown up on any of my many hotel with casino searches. We booked a loft with an adjoining studio and I cannot say enough good things about the staff and the treatment we received which began at the airport with a fantastic limo driver, Steve, who is actually from Vegas and had several great tips for things to see and do while there. We were next directed to the VIP check in which was great since there was a mile long line at the regular Monte Carlo check in desk. Check in was quick and easy even though the system was down and they couldn't give us keys until it came back up. We were given an elevator key and went up to the 32nd floor where we were walked down to the room personally and let in. We later received keys. The studio was nice but like any upscale hotel 2 queen bed room but the loft was amazing. It had a living room area great for just hanging out with friends and family and the amenities were top notch. The only negative I have to say about that is that the technology is so fancy that it might be challenging for us older folks to figure out unless you have techno savvy kids with you like we did. I had to take my reading glasses into the shower to see the controls for the multi faucet shower and they kept fogging up LOL. I finally had it down to a science by day 3 though. I suggest you get the concierge to walk you through all the details of using the remote that controls everything from lights to curtains to music and TV.

The Hotel 32 lounge was a life saver offering breakfast items every morning til 11am and fruit water and sodas/coffee all day and appetizers every evening. You can order cocktails or mimosas also to be charged to your room. Remember to tip the great lounge staff when you sit and dine on the free food and beverages! We saved so much money because we didn't have to go out for breakfast or buy coffee or waters throughout the day. The fresh fruit in the morning was so great.

The twice a day room cleaning was unexpected and a bonus. It was nice to return from a night of gambling, dining, drinking, etc. to find fresh towels, the beds turned down with clean robes and chocolates. The evening of our wedding, the staff even left a surprise of roses petals on the bed and an ice bucket of champagne and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. Very classy and appreciated.

We enjoyed the pool and the bar video poker at the Monte Carlo and everyone was friendly and served us plenty of free drinks as long as we were playing. There are 3 pools at the Monte Carlo and one of them is in the shade all day which is good for people wanting to avoid the sun as much as possible. This kept us from having to rent a cabana or umbrella which is very pricey. There are a lot of families with young children there because of the lazy river and wave pool which was more like a ripple pool. If you want a young, hip crowd with great music by the pool, this isn't the place to go. The Cosmopolitan is a better choice for that atmosphere.

We were taken back to the airport in the limo with Steve as our driver again and he recognized us a congratulated us on our marriage. We will definitely stay at the Hotel 32 on our next trip.

Room Tip: Be sure and ask for a Strip view if that is important to you. They are building a new sports arena o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear LMHO2523:

Our dedicated team had a pleasure hosting you and your family for your special occasion. We cherish the opportunity to surprise all of our guests with unique and extraordinary experiences.

HOTEL32 is proud to offer luxurious and innovative amenities ranging from our suite showers to our turndown service.

Thank you for your positive recommendation, and congratulations again on your recent wedding. We look forward to making more memories with you next year to celebrate your first anniversary.

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Smart hotel, on the Strip in Las Vegas with good Casino and it's own food court with wide variety of casual dining and fast food outlets. Rooms are well appointed and very clean, great pool area, with wave pool and Lazy River, in sun most of the day. Free loungers.

Stayed August 2014
Dear wlj901:

At both HOTEL32 and Monte Carlo, we are enthusiastic about providing unique and delicious dining options to satisfy any craving. We thank you for your generous review and invite you back to visit us again very soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Thought hotel 32 was really very good. Stayed on the regular floors plenty of times but this was so much better. The staff was superb. We stayed in the Loft. The room was absolutely magnificent. The view was magnificent and the Shower and Tub could not be beat. Just feel the room should've had a full length mirror, a makeup mirror and also have access to a regular remote for the TV.
Other than that the room was perfect. The lounge very nice staff but the food could've been a little better and they should've had more a variety of alcohol. Great to grab a bottle of water.

The SPA could've been better. Got there a little late and was taken right into the room. I had to ask to go in and change. The robe in the locker was torn all the way down the arm and in the back. I had to go look for someone to get me a new one. No one ever asked me if I wanted any slippers. I had a facial and was not asked if I wanted anything else. Left the room and happened to looked at the menu, the same person whom I just spent 50 minutes with approached me and didn't even know who I was or asked if she could do anything for me.

I had the Manager call me and she said I could come back, was leaving in morning so that was not an option. Told me she'd give me a credit for when I come back told her I didn't know when I was coming. All I got was I'm sorry.
All I can say is the customer service at the SPA could be a lot better.

Other than the SPA, we had a great stay at the Hotel 32 and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the mountains. Great for views of the pools, and other hotels. If you ne...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lois E:

Thank you for the review of your recent HOTEL32 stay with us. The Loft is a spectacular suite, and we are pleased it has exceeded your expectations.

We appreciate your recommendation about installing additional mirrors. Your comments will be forwarded to the proper department heads for further improvement opportunities.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the unacceptable inconveniences you experienced while at The Spa. We hope to have an opportunity next time to properly present the impeccable services that our spa provides.

Thank you for being a loyal HOTEL32 guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

More like a 3.5. Just left after four nights feeling a tad underwhelmed. I think the big issues here are that the amenities -- such as pool, spa, restaurants--overall environment, are tied to the Monte Carlo, and they can't match the level of service you receive at the Hotel32. So it's not fair to penalize the Hotel32 for those limitations--but needless to say, those aspects are not entirely competitive. As for the Hotel32 itself:

Positives:

* Airport transfer--seamless and perhaps the best part of the offering.
* On-floor concierge. Didn't need them much, but every question was answered and done so in a courteous, professional manner.
* Room itself--spacious, very comfortable. I had a 1 bedroom suite, which was the right size for one person. Great bed.
* Shower--merits a line of its own. So good that the spa sort of fell short on the shower front. A definite highlight, loved it.
* Turn down service/room cleaning. What incredibly lovely people. So nice. And the room was left in meticulous order. And the little chocolates were great!

Could use some work:

* Airport Transfer: Once I arrived at the Monte Carlo after a nice ride and convo with wonderful driver, I had no idea where to check in. Tried to go up to the Hotel, but had no key for access. So after an uneventful ride to some upper floors and back, a helpful security person pointed me to check in (which was fortunately not the staggering line for Monte Carlo). On the way out, the driver had "no idea" who he was waiting for, but gave me a ride anyway.
* The internet. Free--although wait, not really--as it's part of the resort fee. NOT USABLE. Lagging, awful connectivity. Slow slow slow.
* The mini bar check. I had no "do not disturb" key block, so used the door handle lock. This didn't stop an intrepid mini bar check person, who even after I repeatedly requested he come back later, I guess because he was already in the room, insisted on checking the mini bar. It was pretty offensive, actually. If we weren't the same gender, it would definitely have been an issue.
* The elevators. There aren't enough of them.
* The loud carpet cleaning at 2AM. Loud enough to prevent me from getting to sleep.
* Pools--jam packed and not really enticing.

Neutral: The lounge. Very nice staff. Food offerings ranged from great (the steak sliders really are very, very good) to frightening (the beef skewers). But great to be able to grab some coffee or bottled water at all hours of the day.

Look, everyone was agreeable and efficient (with the exception of mini-bar guy). For the aspiration of the hotel, I'd probably want more pro-activity--such as confirming my departure, or heads up about loud middle of the night carpet cleaning. For the money, it's a good deal--no question. That being said, I think there a lot of good deals in Las Vegas in this hotel class.

Room Tip: I'd avoid rooms near the lobby if possible. You definitely hear some lounge traffic, although...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Bearossop:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear the suite amenities were a luxurious fit to your needs. HOTEL32’s innovative showers are a favorite of ours, too!

Also, thank you for your honesty in reviewing the aspects that fell short of your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the disappointments in communication and internet connectivity.

We look forward to providing a more proactive and seamless experience for your next visit!

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Just returned last week from a great stay at Hotel 32. We decided to return to Monte Carlo after we stayed here last summer but with the added advantage of MyVegas comps for two nights. After reserving, we received an offer to upgrade for a minimal price to Hotel 32 and we wanted to experience the special services we've read about so we upgraded our reservation. Started with VIP check-in bypassing a significant queue at the registration desk and the service desk on the 32nd floor took care of everything else from printing boarding passes to our final check-out. Breakfast upstairs was very convenient for mornings we weren't ready to roam into the crowd while waking up and the friendly staff was a noticeable change over other accommodations. Great job Hotel 32!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear jbloss2,

The myVegas app is a great way to make any stay with us even better, with all the incentives and rewards available for those who play. Plus, our exclusive VIP lounge and concierge staff, private transportation service to and from the airport, and accommodations that offer unparalleled luxury, all make HOTEL32 unlike any other resort experience along the Las Vegas Strip. We value your patronage, and hope to see you again soon!

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I just returned from Vegas and this was my 2nd stay at Hotel32. This year I was traveling with my mother and I decided to book a Loft Suite with a connecting Studio so that we could share the living/dining area. I have a lot to cover in this review but if you're the type of person who likes an executive summary this is it: Stay at Hotel32, it's fantastic and the service is outstanding.

When I look at Tripadvisor reviews I sometimes wonder what basis the reviewer used to rate the property. Giving a 3 star hotel a low rating because it's being compared to a 5 star just isn't fair and likewise a high rating for a 5 star resort vs a 3 star doesn't mean much. Hotel32 earns an excellent rating from me when compared to other 5 star service oriented hotels in Las Vegas that I have stayed at (Skylofts, Wynn/Encore Tower Suites, Aria SkySuites, and Cosmopolitan Lanai suite.........I haven't tried the Mandarin Oriental yet but it will have its work cut out for it to match Hotel32).

Rooms:
The Loft suite is hard to beat in terms of layout and amenities. Other reviewers and the hotel website have described it accurately so I'll just hit my personal high points:
-Impeccably clean, high quality fittings and furnishings, plenty of available plugs for chargers (always important)
-Jura coffee/cappuccino maker in the room
-The bathroom is like a small personal spa. The shower is ridiculous. Seriously, I could spend all day in that thing. Very romantic if you're traveling with your spouse/significant other, very relaxing if you're traveling alone.
-Great bed, some people have commented that it's soft but I think it's perfect.
-One minor point to be aware of, if you're traveling with kids or other family/friends be aware that the lofts (and pents, I think) only have 1 bathroom. That means that people need to move through the bedroom in order to use the bathroom. I highly recommend getting a connecting room if there are more than 2 people in your group.
-The Studio was relatively small compared to other Vegas hotel rooms but nicely appointed and totally functional. We used the studio as an extra bedroom so the space wasn't really an issue but if I was going to book a room for a solo trip I would opt for the suite or loft. The studios do not include airport limo transfer but you still have access to all of the other Hotel32 amenities. They're still a great option compared to most rooms at a similar price point.

Service:
-Service is where Hotel32 really shines. All of my interactions with the staff were friendly and personal. Need milk for the cappuccino machine? It's there in five minutes. Show recommendations/reservations, want a cabana or dinner reservation at another property, Done. The only other hotel that I have stayed in which approaches this level of service is Skylofts (which is also an MGM property and built around the same business model) but that will cost you quite a bit more. The suite assistants may not have as much influence at non-MGM properties but so far I haven't been let down on any request.
-Housekeeping is excellent and thorough. My housekeeping team arrived around 9am each day so make sure you have your do not disturb sign displayed if it's been a long night. Evening turn down service and delicious treats are also included.
-A very special thanks to Maritza, my primary suite assistant. Hotel32 claims that every guest receives VIP service and this has definitely been my experience. Prior to my arrival, Maritza was able to transfer friends of mine up to Hotel32 on a Friday night, even though the website and Monte Carlo check-in showed the property as sold out. This made a huge impression on my friends and really made me feel like a VIP. Thanks again Maritza!
-My mother had a minor issue with the TV/room technology. A technician (I think his name was Jeremy) was sent up to resolve the problem and this was accomplished quickly. He took the time to explain how the systems worked and explained how to avoid any future issues. FYI, don't turn off the TV using the manual switch......it causes the entire system to re-boot. Use the remote and leave the TV in stand-by mode when you turn it off. I'm tech savvy and I made the same mistake.

Odds and Ends:
-We didn't use the pool but it looked nice (and relatively full) from the Hotel32 lounge
-The rest of MC is OK. They've added some new restaurants at the front of the property and the underground connector to City Center is convenient. It's a short walk to the tram that connects MC to City Center and Bellagio.
-I like the MC casino. Drink service was prompt and the atmosphere was fun.
-Hotel32 has a "dedicated" elevator with the logo on the doors but it's not really exclusive to Hotel32. I understand that they can't change the traffic flow due to the layout of the building but it would be nice to have an express elevator. This is a very minor quibble, the longest I waited to get up or down was about 5 min.
-The location is very good. Not quite as good as Cosmo but still in the center of the action. Want to hit a top tier club?, Hakkasan, Marquee, and Haze are a short walk. Great dining options are available at Cosmo, MGM Grand, or City Center, MC actually has some decent choices too.
-I saw Blue Man Group back when they had residency at the Venetian and I really enjoyed it. It's a great show and I would expect that it's the same at MC. There is a BMG parade through the casino floor at MC which is fun to watch.
-The Hotel32 minibar charges (according to the sign) for non-alcoholic beverages. Really?........ You can pick up water, soft drinks, etc. in the lounge for free and stash them in your fridge. This makes no sense. C'mon Hotel32, follow the Skylofts policy and make all non-alcoholic beverages free (my apologies if this is already the case, my bill didn't show the 2 Pepsis I drank).

Final Thoughts:
-Do yourself a favor, stay at Hotel32. You simply can't beat the level of service, room quality, location, and amenities for the price. As others on Tripadvisor have noted, I'm afraid that Hotel32 will become so popular that the prices will rise and the availability will fall so that getting a reservation will become difficult. I have another trip to Vegas planned for Oct but unfortunately Hotel32 is already booked for that weekend........the word is out (perhaps this is the excuse I needed to try the Mandarin....). Hotel32 does everything right, it's hard to find a major fault with any aspect of this property. If you're planning a trip to Vegas book it now.

Room Tip: Go for the Suite, Loft, or Pent. The views are superb in every case but the Lofts and Pents offer...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wyler01,

Thanks for providing so much positive feedback regarding your recent visit to HOTEL32. We’re delighted any time a former guest relays their positive experiences with others, and are eager to host you again in the future!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stay here. Do it. Why are you reading this? Go book NOW!
The amenities are awesome, the staff is INCREDIBLY friendly, the location is great, the price is affordable and you'll feel like a king for a day.

Best. Vacation. Ever. Check out this hidden gem!

Room Tip: The lounge has food for breakfast and dinner. It's delicious and totally worth it. Also, the lof...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel32 at Monte Carlo, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear SonicBoom64,

We couldn’t have said it any better ourselves! What are you waiting for? Come experience the kind of unsurpassed luxury and service only found at HOTEL32. Thanks for the endorsement, SonicBoom64, and please hurry back!

guestrelations@montecarlo.com

Been to Hotel32 at Monte Carlo? Share your experiences!