“Glad I didn't put much stock in the negative reviews!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
St. Louis
“Glad I didn't put much stock in the negative reviews!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at Vdara. We spent 3 nights there for Valentine's day as well as her birthday, and we picked Vdara because of the location and non-smoking rooms. I read all the reviews beforehand, and I must admit I was nervous about some of the negative ones commenting on poor service, lack of amenities, etc. We were seriously impressed from the minute we got there. Front desk staff were courteous and helpful. They got me the Bellagio-view room I asked for. The deluxe suite was perfectly appointed for our needs. The room was turned over impeccably every day. Room service was great. The walk to the Bellagio was NOT that bad. Anyone who says so must not be used to routine ambulation.

I would agree with previous reviewers that a coffee machine in the room would have been nice. A set of robes should also be customary in a hotel of its class. Otherwise our only negative experience was the breakfast buffet in the lobby-level restaurant. The scrambled eggs were quite literally green, and our waiter ignored us most of the service.

All in all, I think the place is excellent, and we thank Vdara for a memorable romantic weekend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,801)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
miami, us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Excellent in all respects and another advantage for me, no casino but is connected to the Bellagio and only steps from the Aria.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

This was our second trip to LV, two years after our first when City Center was just a construction site. We decided to get somewhere five star this time, and booked through expedia.co.uk. Since we had a six year old in tow with us, the idea of a quieter hotel resort, but still right in the middle of the Strip appealed to us, and I'm really glad we did!

We got a Corner Suite on the 31st floor , with views from three sides over LV. The room was large, with bedroom with a super comfy king sized bed, lounge area with pull out queen bed for our daughter, large bathroom and dressing area and kitchen. The place was spotless, and was kept that way by housekeeping (make sure you press the housekeeping button by the door in the morning when you leave!). We called down as soon as we got there to ask for bedding for the sofa bed and plates/cutlery etc., and despite what some of the reviews on here say, it was delivered to the room in minutes. There's electrically operated blinds throughout and two TVs (great for our daughter wanting to watch her kids programmes)

It's easy to get around with a small walkway connecting the hotel to the Bellagio and the tram to Aria and Monte Carlo, it's a one minute walk to the Aria if you want to do the casino thing, and a three minute walk to the Strip itself, where you're right in the middle of it.

All in all, I can't recommend this place enough. Service was great, the location is fab and when we come back to Vegas again, this will be number one in our thoughts to stay at.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Vdara offered a luxurious lobby and rooms, and pretty good service. It just didn't live up to my expectations of what a Las Vegas property should offer. It is, simply put, just a hotel, and even lacked some hotel amenities I'm used to.

The suites were clean and luxuriously appointed with Aveda bath products, but parts of my stay were quite inconvenienced by the lack of amenities that I must take for granted in hotels. The rooms lacked a coffeemaker despite having a kitchenette, but to get coffee before Silk Road opened for breakfast, I had to go to the Aria or Bellagio to get it.

I also arrived needing a few items that I'd left behind, and there was no on-property gift shop where I could buy them--I had to go to the Bellagio or Aria gift shops to get gum, Advil and a couple of bottles of water. It appeared that they are adding a small shop, so I hope this issue is taken care of and that it's open appropriate hours for both business and pleasure travelers.

We did experience two service issues while there: bell service forgot to bring our bags after check-in, and room service forgot to collect dirty dishes after they'd promised to come back. Both were taken care of after a reminder call, but in a five-star hotel, that shouldn't need to happen.

All in all, it was a very nice place, but I don't think I'd stay there again with the abundance of other places that have amenities like early morning coffee and a gift shop.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

The Vdara Hotel & Spa in Las Vegas is one hotel I will love to stay in few more times.
The room off the chain, meaning (fantastic) The views are awesome too!
Don't hesitate to stay there when ever in vegas. its perfect for non-smokers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011 via mobile

Absolutely loved the hotel! I loved that there's no casino to walk through to get to your room. It's still so close to the action if you want some. The rooms were beautiful like being at home. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Since this was one of the newer hotels in Vegas I was anxious to check it out. But I should have stayed somewhere else.

I have stayed in many hotels in Vegas, and this is the worst experience by far. Upon arrival we had to wait almost 20min to check in. It was 9pm on a Friday night and they only had one person working at the front desk. I prepaid for my room before my arrival and upon check-in she informed me that I had to pay an additional $18.00 plus tax per night for some BS resort fee.

I am not usually a person who complains and I am usually easy to please, BUT there are so many more things that made my experience an unpleasant one.

1. The room was very small and cluttered with too much furniture (Not what was posted on the site in square footage)

2. The water pressure sucks.

3. Every time I wanted my car from valet I would call in advance to request it and no one would answer the phone, I had to call multiple times in a row.

4. The same goes for customer service at the front desk (no one would answer the phone), poor customer service skills and not accommodating to your concerns.

5. They have a full kitchen minus the oven but it seems to me they do not want you to use it since there is no cookware, utensils, glasses, or plates. Just 2 coffee cups.

6. Back to the BS resort fee, it is suppose to cover the daily paper, bottled water ,and coffee but no one brought those items to my room each day I was there (3 nights).

7. They day I noticed that there was a big scratch on my BMW and it was not there when I got there, so I had informed the valet and he told us we would have to speak with security and file a report. It took over 35 min for the security guard to show up!!

Needless to say I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!