“Fantastic new addition to Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Dining Credit!
Ranked #11 of 273 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
veglifo
“Fantastic new addition to Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

If you are wanting a Vegas hotel that is clean, smells great, quiet, and modern, then Vdara is it. My partner and I are very much into boutique hotels and one thing that sets Vdara apart from other upscale Vegas hotels is that all the rooms are suites. We stayed in a Deluxe suite on the 14th floor with views of the Bellagio, Rio, and the Palms, and mountain landscape in the background. I was hoping for a suite on a higher floor, but once we got into the room we were so happy there we didn't bother moving. I loved that there was a kitchen, just a nice staging area that made the place more spacious. And the windows running the length of the room were spectacular, loved watching the city breathe from our amazingly comfortable bed. The bathroom is great as well, housekeeping always gave us plenty of towels and toiletries.

Everyone working there I found to be very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast at Silk Road almost every morning and the food was delicious and beautifully arranged. There is a hallway leading to the Bellagio, and the new Aria hotel is across from the front entrance, so entertainment is always close at hand. Vdara is not directly on the strip, so we found that going out through Crystals, part of the CityCenter, was the best way to get to the strip, right across from Planet Hollywood. Taking the very frequent tram between Bellagio and Monte Carlo with stops in between was great as well.

The pool is heated and huge fluffy towels are among the ample deck loungers. It was very quiet when we were at the pool, just the way I want my lounging space. This hotel is not for the wild and crazy, rather for the fun and fabulous who want their space to be relaxing, but can easily find a party nearby. Eat at the Aria hotel, lots of new and wonderful restaurants that are very close by.

The CityCenter complex is spectacular and modern. I will be returning to Vdara, and look forward to seeing the new developments at Crystals and the other buildings in the compund.

7,039 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,038)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

This hotel does not have a casino and is non smoking, the perfect place for me when I go to Vegas. Don’t get me wrong, I love to gamble and love casinos; however I like to go back to a nice, quiet, smoke free area to sleep.

The staff at the front desk looks like they should be working as supermodels. They are very sweet and friendly.

The rooms are very spacious and clean. The floor plan is very convenient by separating the kitchen, from the living room, and the bedroom.

The views from the upper floors are breath taking; we were on the 54 floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains.

I would stay here again.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I travelled here for a girl's getaway with my best friend. She suggested this hotel because the price was good when we bought our package in October, and it was new! We figured it would a great opportunity to try a new Vegas hotel. I knew very little about it before I went, besides some of the comments from reviews I read here.

First thing I noticed that it is set quite far back from the strip. It is connected to the Bellagio which you have to walk all the way through to get to the strip, and there's also a tram that stops at Aria and the Monte Carlo. Bring comfortable shoes or be prepared to cab it everywhere. I read something on here about the hotel smells amazing, and it really is true. They pump in this scent that is VERY noticeable, I liked it. Not sure it would be to everyone's taste.

The hotel is very much a hotel, not set up for the bar or casino crowd (which is what we were going for this time around). The one bar/lounge they have is pretty small but open and has a seating area outside that's very cozy looking. It wasn't very busy ever, despite the hotel being sold out when we were there. Didn't try the restaurant, only because there were other places I really wanted to go to.

On arrival, we were upgraded to a bigger suite since all the regular rooms had been sold out to people booking a special package deal they were offering. Nice! The suite was huge and beautiful, on the 45th floor with a pretty nice view. It had a kitchen, dining room, two bathrooms, a washer and dryer, separate bedroom. Bathroom had a massive soaker tub. Decor was contemporary and tasteful. The room smelled new.

My complaints are not huge but they impacted me. This was an expensive room, and there were NO TOWELS anywhere in the suite, in either bathroom. We had to call down to get them, and they only put them in the main bathroom on the second day, and finally put a hand towel in the second bathroom the day before we left. The microwave had food in it. We couldn't get through to the spa for three days even though they were open from 6 am to 9 pm. Couldn't get through to housekeeping or the front desk at midnight when we needed extra bedding for the pull out. There is no place in the hotel to go grab a coffee or a snack or even a magazine late at night, which I'm used to in most hotels. I'd have to take a ten minute walk over to the Bellagio.

All the staff we talked to were very pleasant, friendly, and helpful. They seemed genuinely interested in making our stay great. I was a little disappointed to be told that we had trouble reaching the spa, front deak and housekeeping because they were "fully booked and the level of service this week has been substandard." Wasn't sure what to say to that!

I would say it's a nice place to stay if you want to avoid crowds and the bar/casino atmosphere. It's very quiet here. I wouldn't stay again because I thought it was a little too far from the strip and was missing some of the amenities I like to have close by when I stay in Vegas. They were really just bordering on a four star in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Van Nuys, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We arrived on Sunday at 1:30 and went straight to check in. They let us check in early even though check in was at 3. I asked for a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains and got it with no problems. I also asked for champagne glasses and coffee mugs at this time and they were provided to us within 5 minutes of arriving at our room. The room was on the 51st floor with an AMAZING view, my fiancés was awe struck by the room. As others have said beautiful robes and slippers were provided and the bed was VERY comfortable as long as you like soft beds. The bathroom was beautiful and we had none of those water pressure issues stated by other guests. I must also add the tub was great for soaking and was just the right size.

We called for turn down service the first day and left the room for a few hours. They did a beautiful job setting up the room gave us water with a glass on each night stand, put the slippers right next to each side of the bed and even organized my fiancés make up in the bathroom. On the second day we gave room service a small tip and a note asking for coffee, they provided us with four coffee pods and four waters instead of the two we are suppose to get.

We used the concierge service a few times and she was nothing but great and was willing to go well out of her way to make us happy.
In regards to the distance from the strip I think people need to stop complaining so much, it’s not bad AT ALL actually I think it’s easier to get around than other hotels. Last year we stayed at the Paris hotel and did more walking and saw less than with Vdara. The walk to the Bellagio is less than 5 minutes and VERY convenient and Aria is just as close. If you take the tram to the Monte Carlo it gives you fast access to MGM, New York New York and whatnot.

The ONLY negative I could think of is that the room is dark at night due to lack of lighting but I have a feeling that is due to their strive to be energy efficient and not that big a deal.

Don’t listen to people complaining about petty things. You will have a good time is you stay here and everything is beautifully done. If you want excellence and won’t accept VERY MINOR problems go pay 3x more for a room and stay at the Wynn. For the price you can’t get anything better in Las Vegas.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I chose the Vdara because it was new and wanted to stay someplace different, and the intro pricing was great! When I booked it wasn't open yet, so I didn't really know what to expect. Once it opened and people starting putting reviews up I was a little concerned after reading all the negative reviews. That being said, I have to agree, the Vdara is a beautiful hotel, the rooms are modern and clean, the kitchenette is a great feature, the bathrooms are nice, and the bed is comfortable, however... there are some flaws that need to be fixed.
When we arrived at the hotel the bell man got the doors for us and took our bags, then we went to the front desk and the check in went smoothly and they even gave us a free upgrade! Good start. Went up to our suite and it was gorgeous, we had a beautiful kitchen, which was a HUGE plus, having the fridge and the microwave was convenient, especially for left-overs. Called down to the bell desk, they brought up the bags right away. Then, when looking around the room, we noticed we didn't have any towels or soap, lotions, etc. Called down to house keeping and they said they would bring some stuff up. Also, noticed the toilet hadn't been flushed either, which was gross, there were drink rings on the glass tables and the microwave hadn't been cleaned inside, so it really wasn't perfect. Then we left the hotel. Came back to the room and we had our towels and a plastic bag on the counter with our soaps and stuff, as opposed to having it set out. We then called down to housekeeping to have the sofa bed made up, but there was no answer, so we called down to the front desk, no answer there either. Tried a couple more times, no luck, so we used some of the bedding from the other bed. We were able to get ahold of them the next day to ask them to make up the sofa bed, which they did for the rest of our stay. On our second to last day, we tried to call the spa to book massages for our last day, but there was no answer, we tried to go down to the spa in person, but didn't make it before closing, so we didn't get to try out the spa, which was more frustrating than anything. When we checked out we mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she said the hotel was booked to capacity, so their service standards were falling short.
As far as location goes, it's not bad, the tram to the Monte Carlo is convenient and walking to the Bellagio is good to. The only problem is there isn't a coffee shop or convenience store at the hotel at all, so you have to go pretty far to get something like a pop or tylenol.
Overall, it was a great hotel to stay at and would consider staying there again once they've been open longer and hopefully have fixed some of the issues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We usually travel to Vegas a couple times a year for 3 - 4 day getaways. The last 3 or 4 times we have stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay, which has consistently offered good service and great rooms, but we did find it a bit of a hike to get to some of the other places on the Strip.

This time we decided to try Vdara, one of the new hotels in the recently opened City Center complex. Vdara sits towards the back end of City Center, about a 70 yard walk from the North Entrance of Aria. It also connected to the back of Bellagio (near the pool and convention center) and is very close to the City Center monorail station that leaves from this location as well.

We got to Vdara on Thursday evening, around 8pm. There was no lineup and we immediately were checked into our Deluxe Suite. We did not pay extra for the Strip View and our room, which was on the 46 floor, still had a nice view. We faced out towards The Palms and Rio and also had a great view of the mountains. We could also see the part of the Bellagio and a small portion of their fountains.

The room itself was very nice. Compared to the standard suite at The Hotel, it was a little smaller. It had a small cooktop, microwave, and small fridge. Iron/ironing board were in the room. It had one bathroom with a seperate large tub and shower. It did not have the second half-bath that The Hotel suites have. There was a seperate sitting area with a 42" flatscreen tv and then a partial wall with the bed on the other side. There was a second 42" flatscreen on the otherside of the wall where the bed was. The suite in The Hotel are more of a classic one bedroom layout while the Vdara room is more of what I would call a "bachelor suite".

The room had nice big windows with motorized blinds and shades. During the day the room was a lot brighter than the rooms at The Hotel. The blinds kepts things nice and dark when sleeping. Housekeeping was efficient and provided us with free extra coffee pods for the single serving coffee maker in the room.

Vdara has a small bar in the lobby and a restaurant that is open only for breakfast and lunch. We ate a late breakfast/early lunch meal their one day and it was good but the rest of time ate elsewhere.

Vdara does not have a casino. This could be a big negative for some. For us it was a plus. We enjoyed the tranquility and both Bellagio and Aria are a very short walk away. We enjoyed the location of Vdara and did a fair bit of shopping at Bellagio and Caesar's this time, so it was nice being close.

The biggest advantage of Vdara was on Sunday when we were getting ready to leave at about 2pm. We had just walked over from Aria, where there was a huge lineup for cabs and the valet was swamped. At Vdara there were just a couple people waiting for cabs and we got picked up right away. There were also no lines at the checkout. Big plus.

Vdara charges a $15 daily resort fee, but this covers internet, gym use, a daily newspaper, and what not. I used the gym a few times over the weekend and it was clean and well maintained. I never had to wait for machines but it wouldn't surprise me if at times it could get full. I went in the mornings on Friday and Sunday. There is wireless and wired internet in the rooms. I stuck with the wifi and it worked great - very fast and no issues. At The Hotel you pay per computer that you connect which was a real hassle with two people and two different laptops plus my Zune and my wife's iPod touch. No issues at Vdara. All could be hooked up with no issues and not having to pay more than the $15 resort fee.

We would definitely return to Vdara in the future. I still liked the suites at The Hotel at little better, but my wife said she preferred the Vdara room. The location is great, the less crowded atmosphere nice, and the lack of lineups a major plus. Hopefully they keep things up to the high standard.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Before we arrived at the Vdara, the hotel sent me an e-mail that was so over-the-top it bordered on the suggestive, containing sentences such as, "We are committed to providing personalized experiences, leaving you emotionally connected to our employees and our brand." As it turns out, I definitely felt some emotion about the employees working at the hotel, but it probably wasn't the kind the author of the e-mail intended.

The Vdara is a beautiful, quiet, high-tech hotel located a half block off the Strip. But it's actually really hard to get to the Strip from the hotel -- you either have to walk through the Aria (and its dark smoke-filled casino) and then do a complete circle through the Crystals mall, or you can take a circuitous route through the Bellagio for 15 minutes, or you can try to negotiate a construction zone. I'm not even sure the third option works at the moment. So if proximity to the Strip is important, you might want to stay somewhere else. We had a two-bedroom penthouse on the 54th floor. The view, particularly at night, was stunning, and I imagine it would be even better on the other side of the hotel. The room was equally lovely, and included a huge kitchen that was devoid of any cooking utensils other than coffee cups and wine glasses. A nice touch was a fridge with free water bottles. There was also a washing machine, but it was one of those wash-and-dry-in-the-same-unit machines without any venting to the outside, so the "dryer" proposed taking 3 hours and 50 minutes to cook our clothes dry -- not a great thing to learn two hours before you were planning to check out. Maybe a warning sign would be in order?

Our kids loved the pool, which is cleverly perched above the entrance to the hotel and is about as secluded as you can get a few hundred feet from an Interstate highway. The Spa was also a hit, as was the French toast at the restaurant, which is only open for breakfast and lunch.

My main complaint about the hotel involved the staff's complete inability to deal with the numerous high-tech failures that afflicted our room. 12 hours into our stay the management decided to turn on the system that forced you to swipe your room key in the elevator before it would take you to your floor. At this first this wasn't working for anyone, but then it seemed we were the only remaining victims. Every time we wanted to return to our room we would have to seek out someone, usually at the front desk, who would first accuse us of improper card swiping. Then they would use their secret power key to let us push our floor number. But at that point, they assumed the problem was solved. I guess they thought we would stay in our room until we checked out? No one ever followed up or tried to find a workaround. Our phone stopped working the last day -- calling the front desk would just ring endlessly. The response? "We've been having problems." A visit to the front desk resulted in someone "resetting" the internet, which didn't help. After complaining to the management, we were offered about 5% off our bill, which I suppose is appropriate given that we probably spent 5% of our stay trying to figure out how to get up to our room.

Another annoyance was that after contacting the hotel about an item I left behind after departing, it took three phone calls over the course of three days to get someone to deal with it properly.

If you are willing to gamble that nothing will break and you won't need any special attention when you stay at the Vdara, you might have a perfect time. I suppose making bets is what Las Vegas is about, but shouldn't a perfect hotel be about predictability, no matter where it's located?

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!