“Awesome 21st birthday stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 270 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome 21st birthday stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Everything went amazing, without a single hitch. The associate, Steve Leary, that assisted me was great with everything and overall I would rate my stay a perfect 10/10! I have already recommended Vdara so friends and will continue to do so as well as stay there in the future. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Jonathan J:
Thank you for taking the time to recommend Vdara to fellow travelers. We are pleased that we had the opportunity to provide you with 10/10 service on your special day. We are excited to reward Steve the positive feedback. We hope to see you back next year for your 22nd birthday!

Cheers!

Gwyndolyn
Vdara Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,393)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We booked a corner suite for our trip and, having stayed there before, were really looking forward to another great stay. But due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to change our travel dates and bump it up a few weeks. Unfortunately, the week we would be there was one of the weeks we were initially avoiding because of the insane rates. So rather than the corner suite we wanted, we booked a deluxe suite at a still-way-overpriced rate. We did discuss cancelling and staying at another hotel, but I really like this one for several reasons: 1) it's a lot quieter and calmer than the other hotels we've stayed at; and 2) I feel safe there, and would be alone for the most part for several days going back and forth to the WSOP location several times into the evening & wee hours; 3) easy drive to and from the Rio via back roads and wouldn't have to get on the Strip; and 4) the rooms are super nice, spacious, and comfortable.

If you're driving a rental car, this hotel has pretty easy access off of Harmon. It seems a little tricky the first time, though,but after that it's a snap.

I arrived on a Sunday about 4pm, alone, having dropped my husband off for his event. The valet guys and bell personnel are super, super nice, and very welcoming. Can't say enough good things about them. There were about eight people in the check-in line, but it moved very quickly. My reservation was in order and I got my two keys and headed for the elevator.

The room was on the 31st floor, facing Aria, overlooking the pool. Fabulous view! I opened all of the shades so I could get the full effect. I called the bell desk and all of my luggage was brought up within about 5 minutes. He even got the luggage rack out of the closet and put the biggest suitcase on it for me. While I was unpacking everything, the sun was beginning to set, and the view just got better and better. Absolutely stunning!

The room is super comfy. There are two floor plans for the Deluxe Suite, and I had requested the one with the TV divider wall between the bed and sitting area, as I thought that would suit us better. You enter the suite through the kitchen, which has a microwave, mini-fridge (handy!), sink, table, and chairs. No coffee pot, though. The panoramic suite has one, so I was a little disappointed. Oh, well. The kitchen also does not have any dishes or eating utensils. The living room has a sofa, two end tables, and a cocktail table, with a work desk and chair tucked into a niche. The divider has a flat panel tv mounted on each side. On the side that faces the sofa, there are some storage cabinets beneath. One cabinet houses the electronics connection panel, the other cabinet is simply storage. The bedroom has built-in bedside tables, a small closet for folded items (I travel with a fold-up mesh laundry hamper, which I put in there), another closet for hanging clothes which also houses the safe, an ironing board, and iron. Another flat panel tv is mounted on the dividing wall over three nice-size drawers for folded belongings. Oh, and a king-size bed. Super comfy with a lot of pillows.

The bathroom has double sinks, a walk-in shower with sitting bench, and a nice, deep soaking tub. BUT...the toilet is NOT separated in it's own private water closet, unfortunately. It was not separated in the panoramic suite, either though. I think that is a major design error for a new hotel. They were not very generous on the towels, either, and there were no washcloths or hand towels and i had to call housekeeping to get some sent up. Getting enough bath linens for just the two of us was a daily thing, with a note and extra tip for housekeeping. Check your bath linens when you check in so you aren't getting settling into the sub for a soak when you discover you don't have any. Not cool! Amenities were the usual suspects, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soaps. Unless they've changed brands, they aren't as upscale as the ones in the bigger suites. But they are adequate. (Note to the ladies: If you color treat your hair, bring your own shampoo because the hotels here do not provide color-safe shampoos---and I've stayed at almost all of them.)

While this hotel is not on the Strip, it's easy walking access via the tram to Aria/Monte Carlo or just a hallway to Bellagio. It's easy access to the Strip from either of those locations. The tram is never a long wait, and if you can't climb stairs or are wheelchair bound, there is an elevator for your use to get up to the tram platform. Saw several people in wheelchairs and scooters this trip who were on the tram seemingly with no problems.

The hotel is very quiet, but it may be because we are always given rooms at the end of the hallway, too. This trip was no exception. I didn't see or hear anyone else except for housekeeping in the mornings. Except for the last night we were there when the guests in the suite next to us were having a very loud party which turned into a fight (it was the evening before the start of EDC.)

The hotel bar was always crowded, so we didn't try that. The market store has snacks, sandwiches, etc. you can either eat there or take up to your room. I think they're pricey for what you actually get, but if you're on business and your company is reimbursing you, go for it. There is also a small coffee shop.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel and would absolutely consider staying again, if the rates are reasonable. And it's not EDC or any other similar dance/music event.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallways seem to be quieter, if you don't mind a hike from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The customer service of Vdara hotel is one of the biggest reasons i go back and stay here time after time. But this time was one of the best times. I was helped by Eduard, from the front desk. He was extremely polite, told me my room was available, and i asked him if there was any possibility for an upgrade, he went to talk to his manager, and told me that they close to being full, so they can't offer me a complementary upgrade but for $200 a night, which he will discount for $100 a night, i told him i need to speak to my gf who will be staying with me. I go to the room, and don't really like it. (I am very picky, and have always stayed at the 1 bedroom penthouse only on the 55 & 56 floors so i try to get those every time). I go downstairs and wait for Eduard, when he becomes available, before i even speak, he tells me, he spoke to his manager and he will upgrade my room without any charge. Him proactively doing this is what a call exceptional customer service. He didn't just meet my expectations 100% but he went above and beyond to get me the view i wanted and which side of the hotel i wanted to be at. I am sure i am not the only annoying, and a picky customer who wants things a certain way, but for him to not only keep his cool but to understand my needs and take care of me soo well, is a trait that very few people have. (very admirable). Hope to see him there again and more people like him next time i visit Vdara.

Room Tip: I love their rooms, soo spacious, if you want to have a great time, be sure to check out their bedro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Shanzay H:
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback regarding your recent visit to Vdara. We are pleased that Eduard was able to exceed your expectations in guest service. We are excited to reward him for the positive comment. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Best Regards,

Gwyndolyn
Vdara Guest Relations
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel is very nice and the staff friendly. The room was spacious and clean, rooms were quite. I would stay their again. My only issue is it is kind of difficult to get to the strip and if you want to cross the street it is a maze to get over there which I know is not uncommon with other hotels. The price was fair as I have stayed at other 5 star, Mandarin Oriental etc. The valet parking was a nice addition as you did not have to pay for parking just the tip. The hotel did have the resort fee but that is not uncommon any more. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hobart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

One of the best places to stay on the strip. Top of the Line. City Center is the best part of Las Vegas. Courteous staff makes you feel like a celebrity. Nightly turn down service. Rooms are very clean and concierge is the best. They are like magicians with being able to accommodate your needs so quickly

Room Tip: Keep up the good work
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

First time in Vegas and I loved the city and the hotel. It was beautiful and well positioned on the strip.

We had a room facing the fountains, which was amazing. It was massive and beautiful and comfortable...I'd live there if I could.

Reception staff very helpful, as were those who helped us get brilliant seats for the shows we wanted to see. They were very patient as I chopped and changed where I wanted to sit!

I loved that it was connected to the Aria, but that I didn't have to be in the casino environment which I find a bit depressing if I'm honest. Not enough natural light! It was also right next to the crystals and the numerous shops, which I loved but my husband certainly didn't!

Price-wise I think it was perfect. Since I didn't want to stay in a casino I was delighted to find it was actually cheaper.

What more can I possibly say? I'd seriously live here if I could!

• Stayed November 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We spent 6 days at Vdara and they kindly gave us an upgrade to one of their panoramic suite. This is our 6th stay in Vegas and this was the best suite we ever stayed in. Amazing 270 degree view and very large suite. The service at the hotel was excellent. The only negative point i would say is that they had bags of towels lying around the corridors. Not quite the standard one would expect. Overall very good hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple