“Wonderful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was our first trip to Las Vegas and was for our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose Vdara because it was off the strip and away from the more crowded areas and did not have a casino which I liked. The hotel is very modern and the staff were very friendly. Beds were comfortable and room was clean and a nice size. It was quiet for the most part besides some noisy neighbors but that didn't last long. Walking wasn't an issue for us as we like to walk and we walked both ends of the strip so the hotel was very convenient for us. We had drinks at the bar and it was very nice and relaxing. We also rented a car and the valet was great. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay there again during our next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel was magical! I stayed here for a weekend with my family. The staff was friendly and very informative, the beds were comfortable, and the appearance is very modern. I felt like I was at home. Definitely staying here my next trip to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: The futon is not as comfortable as I expected.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I arrived several hours before check in time, and the front desk staff was able to get me into a room right away, even upgrading me to a City Corner Suite. The room was beautiful with a full kitchen that included a full size fridge and even a washer/dryer. There was a card instructing guests to call room service if they needed any kitchen items not in the room, such as a tea pot and utensils. I didn't really use the living room, but found the bed to be quite comfortable and enjoyed the large soaking tub in the spacious bathroom.

While not directly on the strip, I found the location just fine for site seeing, and you can easily access the monorail that stops between Vdara and the Bellagio. There aren't a lot of food options in the Vdara itself, especially that are open late, but with the Bellagio and Aria just a short walk away, you can find several restaurants nearby. Since it's slightly off the strip, the hotel is nice and quiet, and I really appreciate that it's non-smoking. If you're looking for a busy casino, this is not the hotel for you. As for me, it's my first choice for a great stay in Vegas!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for EDC Las Vegas, 2014 and I have mixed feelings about the hotel. I came with a small group and stayed in a Hospitality Suite for 5 nights. We'll start with what is working well.

The Good: The hotel itself is very nice. The Starbuck's downstairs is very convenient, especially if you are a fan. The Market seemed to carry a good variety of things and is made even more beneficial by the in-room refrigerators and cooking facilities. Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) is not far at all. Your best bet for getting there quickly is to go down the stairs through Vdara's outdoor smoking area and then walking through Cosmo. My check-in and check-out experience was amazing. I sprung for the VIP check in and it was totally worth it. Amber met us in the valet area and took care of everything. She rocks and should be rewarded by whomever her supervisor may be.

The bad: The pool is very small and because of its shallow depth is always quite warm. When checking out, if you pass the time to check out on your phone and want to review the ticket, you must wait in the long check-in line. Some furniture (at least in the room I stayed in) is beginning to show its age. Some pieces simply need to be refinished, however some should probably be replaced.

The Ugly: Before arriving, I read some reviews online suggesting that the hotel was slow to react to requests made by calling down to housekeeping or room service. That could not have prepared me for some of the horrific happenings during my stay. First off, I requested a kitchen kit along with bedding and a mattress topper for the room. The kitchen kit arrived shortly, however the bedding took several hours to get there. Within that time someone arrived to the room to pick something up (?) and someone else attempted to bring another kitchen kit before finally returning with bedding. Housekeeping did not clean our room when we removed our do not disturb light over the second night/day so I called down for more towels. After a third call nobody had brought the towels (three hours later!) so I made a trip to the front desk to ask for some. They were delivered within minutes. By the fourth day, we still had not received any housekeeping service, despite requesting it over three times. There was a bag of trash in the foyer that had been building for a long time. There was no soap for the dishwasher that we may have used to clean our dishes or we would have done it ourselves. Ultimately, our resort fees were removed, however $100 of credits barely makes up for the terrible service we experienced on a room booked at over $500/night.

Overall, I feel that this is a good hotel, but they have either got to step up the game on their services to guests or reduce prices. Do not think I would recommend anyone to stay here or do so myself again. Try neighboring Aria or Cosmopolitan unless you plan to rent an apartment and do everything on your own.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Adrian J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to Vdara. We are delighted to hear you found our VIP Early Check In package convenient and that Amber from the Front Desk provided for a seamless arrival. On behalf of the hotel we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during the rest of your stay with housekeeping. This is certainly not indicative of the high quality service we strive to provide our guests. A member of our Guest Relations team has reached out to you so we may further address your concerns. We value your patronage and hope you will give us another chance in the future!

Best regards,

Erin
Vdara Guest Relations
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed twice during June 2014. Picked Vdara because of self catering, no casino and location. It proved to be a refuge from the crowds and noise of the Strip. The rooms are large, well appointed and we overlooked the Bellagio Fountains. It's a bit of a stroll via Bellagio to get to the Strip but the air con was welcomed as it was over 40 degrees C most days. The hotel is clean and modern with a good cafe and Starbucks in the lobby. Prices are high in LV in June and Vdara offered good value for money.Staff were efficient, if not overly friendly.

Room Tip: Choose high floor overlooking fountains. Choose midweek to avoid high weekend rates
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just amazing. The service, the rooms, the classy feel of the hotel is an experience itself. Armon took care of me and my wife. Definitely come back and stay here again. If you're going to travel for business, there is a very nice bar downstairs. Very private for meetings.

• Stayed June 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here, for the second time, in early June. I had requested, via several emails, a high floor with fountain views and I realise this is what most people want. After a 19 hour flight I was extremely disappointed that my request had been ignored. The following day I was moved and I thoroughly enjoyed the next seven nights. I love the Vdara for lots of reasons but mainly the non smoking, a biggie in Vegas. The rooms are very modern and spacious, well maintained and the housemaids do a wonderful job, particularly love the bathroom and the very comfortable bed. Personally the location works for me, through Bellagio, along the moving walkway and you're on the strip. All staff were very pleasant. The Market Cafe and Starbucks suited me perfectly and I enjoyed the $50 dining credit. I always recommend Vdara and if I am fortunate enough to visit Vegas again, Vdara will be my hotel of choice. If I had been given the room I requested on checkin I would have rated the hotel excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!