“Vdara Great Time” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Vdara Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at the Vdara April 25-27 2014. I go to Vegas with my friends for a Guys Weekend out in Vegas every year. This was our fourth year and this time I made the reservations at the Vdara wishing to experience a different hotel than last year’s trip. I have stayed at the Monte Carlo (once), the Palms Place (once), the Palazzo (Twice) and this time the Vdara. I decided on the Vdara because of the 811 square feet room. We always have one room as the Pre-Flight room before we head out for the night. This time I reserved a City Corner Suite and the Vdara Suite. Both Suites were great and service was spectacular. I decided to write a review after reading other reviews and people just complaining about the service or the lack of casino or the small pool when they should be the ones to blame for not doing any research on the location. Who books hotels without looking at the rooms or comparing hotels? Yes the pool is small, there is no Casino, the hotel is non-smoking, and yes you have to walk a little bit to get to the strip. I did my research and I knew of all that. I also knew that I had to ask for linen for the pullout couch, that I had to ask for plates and coffee cups and I knew that the shower was not that powerful and that the pullout couch was not that comfortable but I still booked three nights for myself and two nights for my friends.

I landed at 12:00pm (Friday) and got pick up by my friends, we went straight to the hotel and I was able to check in without having to pay anything extra in order to get into the rooms. (Yes, there are hotels in Vegas that if your room is ready you have to pay extra if you want to check in before check in time, usually 3:00pm, Palms Place is an example of that). As soon as we got into the City Corner Suite we called room service to ask for the linen and plates and coffee cups for the room. We made ourselves some drinks and started planning the afternoon/evening, room service showed up and we asked him to provide the same things for the other suite and within 10 minutes he showed up at the other room with our request.

The City Corner Suite was great, full size refrigerator (18 cubic feet) with two coffees for our Keurig Coffee maker, and our daily two bottles of water which were replenish every day. Also the rooms were clean every day and towels exchanged every day (unlike some of the other reviewers’ experienced). The black-out blinds are great for sleeping in. The room comes with two robes/sandals, ironing board, washer and dryers (which we used since some of us were there to run the Tough Mudder on Saturday morning) and a safe and 270 degrees of view. We had windows on the left side, windows on the back and windows on the right side, the only side that did not had windows was the entry way. I was pleased to see that management has seemed to fix some of the complaints that I read in Tripadvisor and Yelp (like no room service and unfriendly staff). I did not experience anything like that and the check in at the front desk was excellent and so was check out (maybe because I checked in around 12:30 pm and checked out on Monday at around 9:00am)

Room Tip: Get a room with the Bellagio Fountains view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My recent stay at Vdara was an outstanding experience. The property and rooms were immaculate! And the service I received from start to finish was Amazing! I will make this my first choice when choosing a destination in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

we have just finished staying here, after lining up at reception for 20 minutes,on arrival the room was ready but had a view of the next door carpark ,after a little while michelle at the front desk had us a new room on the 40 floor, so that was good.
this hotel is on a map in a good location however to get to the strip you have to walk via the casino next door or via the next door hotels so unless you like a 1/2 hour walk to get to the street forget this place.
food and drink service is ok but nothing great.
in short this place would be ok if you want just go next door to gamble but that's it

Room Tip: demand a high floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Freda289,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I do apologize on behalf of the hotel for the long wait at reception but I am glad to hear that Michelle was able to remedy your room situation with a view more suited to your preference. At Vdara we try and offer a unique option of both access and escape from Las Vegas, and I apologize if our location was not ideal for your Las Vegas experience. Thank you for choosing to stay at Vdara, we truly appreciate your patronage.

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations
Leawood, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was my third stay at Vdara and it never disappoints. The front desk was very professional and took good care of me. Summer was especially sweet. The elevators are so efficient that you never have to wait. No smoking is a bonus.

Room Tip: All rooms/suites are great. I have stayed in the City Corner Suite and the Panorama Suite and they...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here a few weeks ago to end our amazing honeymoon around Hawaii. We love Las Vegas and were keen to see what the hotel had to offer. On arrival we were allocated a room over looking the Bellagio fountains to help us celebrate our honeymoon which was a nice touch. Dominique checked us in and he was great! This hotel is perfect if you've been to Vegas before and not overly interested in gambling. It has everything you need and big apartment suites which as lovely and modern. I probably wouldn't advise going to this hotel if it's your first time in Las Vegas as it lacks the typical Vegas hotel feel. It's a stunning hotel but you really could be anywhere. Also it's quite a long walk to get to the strip either going through the Bellagio or Aria which to be honest we didn't mind because we love to walk and don't want to miss anything however I imagine some people wouldn't be overly pleased with this. Check out was also good and every staff member we encountered were incredibly helpful and friendly. Overall we had a great end to our amazing honeymoon :)

Room Tip: High floor, Bellagio fountains if possible
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

great stay on the 53rd floor with a view of the bellagio fountains,had the corner suite room and could not wish for better accomodation.had to order kitchen ware but this was delivered within half an hour,room very large with seperate four areas so we never got in each others way.free wifi is a plus so is no smoking in the hotel complex.good pool which is unusual as it is right on top of the valet checkin.one small quibble i ased if we could change to a higher floor looking over the bellagio instead of the swimming pool and was told to check next day which was fine ,this we did but were told no room available only to check again later and were told a room was available.
other than that i could not faultthis hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking bellagio fountains
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Vdara situated between the Bellagio and Aria Hotels is one of the few on the strip without miles and miles of endless casinos' which was our main reason for staying here. The rooms
also come with kitchens which suited us as we occasionally wanted to make our own breakfast
and brew our own tea. The rooms were very well decorated and even a basic suite was still
pretty big with an impressive view of the Aria, Monte Carlo and Luxor Hotels.
I had read reviews of how far away from the strip the Vdara was, this is not true. There are two
easy routes to the strip, one is to catch the free monorail from the Bellagio to Crystals shopping centre 1 stop, and the other a 10 minute walk thru the delightful Bellagio Hotel.
My gripes were few, the main one being the very erratic room service. The maids seem to come and go when it pleased them. Quite often we'd return from a long slog down the strip to find the room still hadn't been made up. Secondly, the pool seem to close the minute the wind got up and also closed for private functions. The loud techno music was tedious beyond belief. At least vary the music on offer - Say Frank Sinatra one day, and Metallica the next!
The plus sides were very helpful front desk staff and concierge helped me set up my wi-fi which I
was having trouble with. The setting was perfect for us. It was nice to get back to a peaceful hotel each night after the madness that is Las Vegas. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The higher up you stay the quieter it is. Ask for a room facing the Aria.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!