“Quiet, Quality and Value” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Dining Credit!
Ranked #11 of 271 hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York, New York
“Quiet, Quality and Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I just finished up staying at the Vdara for 12 nights. While their I had 2 different rooms, a city corner suite facing the Aria and a “regular” room facing the Bellagio.

I went out to Las Vegas on a working vacation, which means I worked and my wife was on vacation. After looking around at all the popular travel sites it became apparent that the Vdara offered the biggest room at the lowest rate, while being very high quality. A similar room at its sister hotel the Aria would have been 50% more.

Once we landed at the airport and got our car we went straight over to Wal-mart and spent about a 100 dollars on food and then drove to the hotel. Valet parking is the preferred way to park at the Vdara and works pretty well. We were met by the bellman and asked if we were checking in and if we needed help with our bags etc. Great service. The city corner suite is a 1 bedroom apartment with 4 rooms: kitchen, bath, bedroom and living room. We had to call down to get silverware and cookware but it was brought up in a timely manner. Throughout my stay I would end up eating either in the kitchen, on the strip or out somewhere in Vegas. The room itself was immaculate with some tiny details amiss. A couple light bulbs were out, one of the electrical sockets was missing face screws. I had all of these things fixed and it was no big deal. The silverware was an issue. Housekeeping would come in and if they saw forks and plates out they would take them and not replace them. We ended up hiding them in the mini dishwasher. That generally kept them in the room.

The hotel facilities are acceptable. Everything is smallish. The gym is just big enough to accommodate the people who used it. So I would schedule my gym time around times I knew there would be fewer people. The pool area was also small and it could be hard to find seating particularly in the afternoon. I didn’t mind this so much because of the intense sun. A little goes a long way. Didn’t really experience the death ray but I can see why people would talk about it. Downstairs the hotel has a little market with prices that aren’t THAT bad. There is a little bar across the way and a Starbucks with a good sized line in the morning. Which I thought was odd because the hotel will give you a Keurig with free coffee if you ask. If we wanted to go to a good restaurant we would make the 2 minute stroll over to the Aria and eat there. Great restaurants, lots of choice and one of the places was heartstoppingly expensive but on the flip side really really good.

I had to stay longer than anticipated so I ended up downgrading my room to a regular. The normal rooms are almost as big as the suites. Smaller kitchenette, mini refrigerator, no washer and dryer or dish washer. As a regular room they are pretty nice and I recommend them.

Overall the Vdara is a very good hotel. There are fancier places to stay: the Mandarin Oriental, the Four Seasons etc. The Aria would give you less of a room but bigger facilities like the pool and gym, so it’s a trade off. I liked what I got and if I ever want to stay on the strip the Vdara would be on my short list.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Bi_P0lar,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vdara. Our property was designed to make guests feel at home even though they are in a hotel, and it is so wonderful to know you were comfortable during your long Vegas visit. Thank you again for choosing Vdara and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

7,858 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had an amazing experience at the vdara . Very classy , clean and quiet...
I was expectando more for the pool, very small... The rooms are greta and its a non spoke hotel, no casino. Só is a different concept for vegas.
Very well located, conectei to bellagio and walking to ária.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and it always worked for us when it came to the location, room space and design.
It is one of the few hotels in Vegas which does not have a casino
but it worked for us very well since we usually travel with our little boy. It is very easy to get to the pool and the fitness area which we like to use while staying at the hotel . And just in case we would like to gamble it is very easy to get to the casino of Bellagio which Vdara is connected to or just across to Aria Resort. As per the location staying in Vdara gives us a feel of being in the centre of the strip and everything we like - shopping, restaurants and all the attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
West Sussex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have visited Vegas many times & stayed at quite a few of the big casino hotels along The Strip, but never in City Centre, so we thought we'd give it a go this time & we were tempted by the non-gaming, non-smoking features of Vdara.

We had a nice (but not luxurious) room with a good view, & overall didn't have anything to complain about, but we won't come back for the following reasons;

No atmosphere. Some may view the quietness as a positive, & it does make a nice change from the usual chaos of Vegas, but eventually we started to feel as if we were cut-off from the action.

Distance. Vdara is quite a trek from The Strip. Although we'd dropped by CC before, it isn't until you are staying towards the back of it that you realise how vast it is. It is also confusing at first to find your way. We are Vegas veterans & we got lost more than once.

Staff. No-one was unpleasant, but there is a general lack of enthusiasm about the place. The 2 of us arrived by cab with 4 large bags & no-one greeted us or offered to help.

Facilities. The pool is disappointing by Vegas standards. It is small, & the sunbeds are uncomfortable & wedged so close together. The downside of a view of the Bellagio pools is seeing how nice they are by comparison. There is only a tiny bar & no restaurant other than a small cafe & ferociously expensive store. We didn't use the spa or gym, so I can't comment about them. Wi-Fi was OK, but why-oh-why no in-room coffee facilities? (Apparently you can request them, but with no guarantee of succes judging by other reviews)

In summary, Vdara is a nice enough (business) hotel that would do the trick in most cities, but if you want a real (& convenient, albeit smoky) Vegas experience stick to one of the 5 star big guns on The Strip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear MfR010,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback. While we are glad to hear you had an overall good experience it is disappointing to hear Vdara is not the ideal hotel for your Vegas trips. Though we do understand everyone does like to enjoy Vegas in their own unique way. We appreciate you choosing to stay at Vdara and perhaps if you are ever back in town for business you will give us another chance.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I am very very disappointed with my stay at Vdara. I was so excited about staying there and was sure that I will be leaving a great review and not a bad one. Came all the way from UK for 8 nights, upon booking request asked to be on the highest possible floor, on the arrival was given a room on the 8th Floor!!!!! We had the worst view ever, room was extremely small, not cosy, tv control didn't work properly, pressure in the shower was very weak, very small fridge, no plates, cups etc but yes I do know that you can request them. I stayed in Miami in a 3 star hotel and was very very happy with a room and plates, cups, everything has been provided there. WI-FI doesn't work so if you do need to use do not come to this hotel : ) for the first 3 days I COULDN'T connect yo the internet at all, neither did my friend, we complained over and over again and after 3 days it's hit fixed, occasionally it worked after that on IPhone but not on my laptop. In Miami in 3 star hotel I never had any problems with connecting yo wi-fi. Convenience shop downstairs DOESN'T sell any milk or yogurts which I found shocking. Very bad choice for food at this hotel. Would I stay at Vdara again? No NEVER! Would I recommend it? No. I would recommend hotel New York, New York.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Natasha H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations of Vdara. It is a genuine source of concern anytime something disrupts our guests stay and I apologize the issues you experienced were not resolved during your stay. I can assure you this is not in line with the Vdara standard. A member of our guest relations team will be reaching out to further discuss your stay. Once again I apologize and hope you will give Vdara a second chance in the near future.

Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had an amazing 5 days stayed at the vdara . If you are looking for a classy , clean and quiet place to stay away from all the craziness from the strip and away from the casino's smoke and gambling than vdara is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for an awesome view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rose C,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. We are delighted to hear you had an amazing stay at Vdara. We strive to provide our guests not only access to all Vegas has to offer, but also an escape. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed that aspect of our property. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

no one met us from taxi or carried our bags.expected better service especially after long flight from uk. high standard of room slightly marred by receptionist when registering.requested higher floor for better room but was told not available, 2 minutes later person next to us was given a choice of several floors !
hotel was good choice away from noise and smell of casino hotel whilst everything that hotel had to offer was still close enough to get to.
most of staff were very good with a couple of exceptions.
plenty of very good points but i do like a bit of friendly service in my old age !
probably stay at Aria next time.

Room Tip: get floor above 20 for views there are 2 versions of suite
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!