“Very disappointed...” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Very disappointed...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I am very very disappointed with my stay at Vdara. I was so excited about staying there and was sure that I will be leaving a great review and not a bad one. Came all the way from UK for 8 nights, upon booking request asked to be on the highest possible floor, on the arrival was given a room on the 8th Floor!!!!! We had the worst view ever, room was extremely small, not cosy, tv control didn't work properly, pressure in the shower was very weak, very small fridge, no plates, cups etc but yes I do know that you can request them. I stayed in Miami in a 3 star hotel and was very very happy with a room and plates, cups, everything has been provided there. WI-FI doesn't work so if you do need to use do not come to this hotel : ) for the first 3 days I COULDN'T connect yo the internet at all, neither did my friend, we complained over and over again and after 3 days it's hit fixed, occasionally it worked after that on IPhone but not on my laptop. In Miami in 3 star hotel I never had any problems with connecting yo wi-fi. Convenience shop downstairs DOESN'T sell any milk or yogurts which I found shocking. Very bad choice for food at this hotel. Would I stay at Vdara again? No NEVER! Would I recommend it? No. I would recommend hotel New York, New York.

• Stayed April 2014
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Natasha H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations of Vdara. It is a genuine source of concern anytime something disrupts our guests stay and I apologize the issues you experienced were not resolved during your stay. I can assure you this is not in line with the Vdara standard. A member of our guest relations team will be reaching out to further discuss your stay. Once again I apologize and hope you will give Vdara a second chance in the near future.

8,106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had an amazing 5 days stayed at the vdara . If you are looking for a classy , clean and quiet place to stay away from all the craziness from the strip and away from the casino's smoke and gambling than vdara is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for an awesome view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Rose C,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. We are delighted to hear you had an amazing stay at Vdara. We strive to provide our guests not only access to all Vegas has to offer, but also an escape. It is wonderful to know you enjoyed that aspect of our property. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

no one met us from taxi or carried our bags.expected better service especially after long flight from uk. high standard of room slightly marred by receptionist when registering.requested higher floor for better room but was told not available, 2 minutes later person next to us was given a choice of several floors !
hotel was good choice away from noise and smell of casino hotel whilst everything that hotel had to offer was still close enough to get to.
most of staff were very good with a couple of exceptions.
plenty of very good points but i do like a bit of friendly service in my old age !
probably stay at Aria next time.

Room Tip: get floor above 20 for views there are 2 versions of suite
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Vdara hotel is conveniently located close to the strip. The sister hotel , "Aria" is a two minute walk across the parking lot.

The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. The rooms were bright and airy.

There is convenient tram service to Crystal and the Bellagio which has direct access to the Vdara.

My complaints, wish really are minor is the portable phone did not work in my room. Anything within the Vdara hotel is an arm and a leg. "I'm not going to pay $19 for a burger". I would suggest going to the Aria to eat. The pool with cabanas were just okay. I kind of wanted to see a better setup.

All in all, the Vdara hotel a good choice if going for fun. The Vdara is on my list again when I go back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were upgraded to a high floor with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Fabulous. Rooms comfortable and tastefully appointed (with the exception of the rather jarring artwork). Although there is a well equipped kitchenette, there is no tea/coffee-making facility - I suspect so the Starbucks in the lobby does more business! Very efficient check-in and lots of options to check-out without having to go to the desk. Good location - walkway to Bellagio and City Centre tram. Easy access to Aria and City Centre. Excellent elevators - never had to wait long. Pleasant and helpful staff. The non-gaming, no-smoking attributes make this a lovely oasis of calm.

Green Features: No apparent effort to recycle trash in the guest bedrooms.
Dear mjhtnt,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Vdara from our rooms, to our service offerings and location. We truly strive to provide a unique and excellent experience for all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We chose the Vdara based on friends' recommendations and we did not regret it! The room was big and so was the bathroom. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The Vdara is conveniently located just off the centre of the Strip but within walking distance of all the main attractions: we could see the fountains of the Bellagio from our windows. The Vdara is not a casino hotel which makes it a quieter venue to stay. The hotel has a a couple of coffee shops in the lobby and we bought breakfast there every morning and brought it to our room. On our first night we were given a room overlooking the tram line running to the Aria and Bellagio and that was a bit noisy but after asking, we were moved to another room, much higher and overlooking the fountains and this was much quieter. The room has a small, well appointed kitchen area which we did not use as you can eat out quite cheaply. You have to ask for cutlery and other kitchen stuff if you intend to cook. We used the pool used only once and the staff there were most efficient getting your drinks and snacks to your sunbed. But realistically, you don't come to Vegas to sit by the pool all day!
Overall, we had a very comfortable stay and after walking through most of the hotels on the Strip, we felt we had made the best choice. We will definitely book to stay and the Vdara again

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the Bellagio fountains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Friends and I stayed here for my special birthday and it was stunning. We upgraded to a corner suite on arrival which was on the 53rd floor and the views were stunning as we were at the back looking over Vegas to the hills. There is so much to do here there's just not enough time so will need to go back! What I really liked was this was a totally non smoking hotel. Fabulous pool area which we used as weather was lovely even at this time of year.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the high rooms as views are stunning
Green Features: Was not aware of this so they need to publicise it more
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!