“Quite & Nice but the Resort Fees are a Rip Off” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 272 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, FL
“Quite & Nice but the Resort Fees are a Rip Off”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went for the 4th of July weekend and check in around 11pm, the staff was very nice and courteous, she advice they were fully booked and the best room she had for us was on the 22nd floor with partial view of the pool. Upon entering the room was very nice not super clean since the table has dust and the window has several "hands" on them from the previous guest (s) I guess but well, the bathroom was very nice plenty of towels and a great bath tub but bring your own soap, shampoo and lotion, even though they are provided in your room they are not good the soap doesn't make you feel clean -especially after walking in a 114F all day-. The hotel is a little off the strip but you can take the tram to Aria or the pass to the Bellagio so you don't need to walk on the scorching heat.
2 things disappointed me from this place... on my first day (july 4th) after walking all over the Strip I wanted to go to the pool to refresh and relax a little around 6:30pm I was RUDELY kick out of the pool are by an employee yelling to me and my husband :"GET OUT, WE ARE CLOSED"... REALLY? at 6:30 pm with the soon out and the heat in 112 F??? after that I never went to the pool. the 2nd is the RIDICULOUS fees $25 per night plus 12% tax.. for what??? 2 water bottles a day, super slow Wi-Fi, Pool use, and newspaper.... which I did not use at all.
I like this hotel for the connection with Aria and Bellagio and the non-smoking, non gaming theme, but if you are going to pay all this money stay at Aria, Montecarlo or Bellagio which go for around the same price and they are a lot more fun.

Room Tip: if you are not afraid of heights get an upper room for better views of the area.
Green Features: They are good but guests need to be aware of them in order to work.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,806)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We deliberately chose this hotel for several main reasons. (1) No casino (2) Apartment facilities (3) Location. Price wasn't a factor as it was in a deal from Virgin, but we felt we had very good value. We were greeted well, & got a complimentary upgrade without asking. The hotel was spotless throughout. Our room was cleaned & linen changed daily. Yes, we had to ask for crockery & cutlery, but it was delivered almost immediately and was changed if you left it out. Only problem for a tea-drinker was unavailability of a kettle, as opposed to the offer of a coffee maker. We managed with a saucepan which was also sourced very quickly. The facilities in the kitchen were perfectly adequate, with a hob, big microwave and a fair sized refrigerator. The room was large, with picture windows, with motorised blinds. Aircon very efficient & not too noisy. And the bed! Huge double, with a memory foam topped mattress. My wife thinks it may be the most comfortable bed she's ever slept in. Enormous bathroom with shower, separate bath & dressing facilities. The lack of a casino, once you've been to any other hotel is actually a bonus, as the peacefulness of the hotel grows on you. The location is central, but a little hidden. You actually walk out to the Strip through the Bellagio, which, wonderful as it is, only further enhances the attractions of the VDARA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ladera Ranch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here to visit family during Thanksgiving last year, doing it again this year.

Great hotel that was originally supposed to be condos. The rooms are spacious and have very nice furniture. We traveled with our small child and this was a great option as we didn't want to stay in a place with smoking. Gambling wasn't a huge deal, but it was nice to be away from all of that and have a retreat so close to everything.

The proximity to the strip is excellent. We even walked to the cosmo to get lunch one day.

The valet situation isn't that great, but its a small catch to a great hotel.

Green Features: I liked that the hotel was environmentally friendly but the lightbulbs taking forever to get going was a little annoying.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a wonderful time at the Vdara. The rooms were modern, clean, and luxurious with very comfortable beds. Checking in went smoothly, and the service throughout my stay was efficient. I have to say the spa was the highlight. It was very easy for me to book appointments (mind you, this was in July), the staff was attentive, and I thought the services were excellent. The pool lounge and cafe had a wonderful menu, I had a salad with grilled shrimp and feta that was fantastic! The service was also impeccable. I would most definitely recommend the hotel and stay there during my next visit. I don't gamble, but for those that do the Bellagio and Aria are just a few steps away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Luxe room with fabulous view - gracious staff-wonderful spa with over the top amenities - over the top room service- looking forward to returning to enjoy convenient access to gambling and shopping and fine dining

Room Tip: No bad rooms
Green Features: Great black out electric shades and recycled water
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Shannon J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope you enjoyed your spa treatments and are glad to hear our staff provided you with excellent service. Thank you for choosing to stay at Vdara and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

First night we spent in a Deluxe Suite, second night in a City Corner Suite to avail of the in room laundry facilities as we had been travelling already for a week at that point. The rooms are beautiful, clean and very comfortable. We had some issues with the second room that may have been due to us rushing in there earlier than expected due to upgrading but nothing that we could not get over. This is a non-gaming establishment, totally smoke free. There is an awesome pool/lounge area and a spa with whatever your heart would desire. Dining options are limited here but you are directly attached to the Bellagio and a very short walk to the Aria. Naturally, you are not far from the Strip. We had a very pleasant stay here and will definitely consider returning in the future.

Room Tip: I am thinking the room quality, cleanliness and comfort would be the same or better throughout the e...
Green Features: Newer building built with the environment in mind and it shows.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DALY CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Vdara on July 12-14 for a quick weekend getaway with my family. i chose this place because its in the heart of the Strip. I can't be mad at this place, it has pretty much everything you need except for a Casino which i didn't have a problem with since I brought my two youg kids along. My kids loved this place becasue the rooms are very spacious and there is plenty of things for them to do without all the smoke and commotion of a Lobby with a Casino. I would stay at this place again. The only reason I did not give the Vdara 5 stars is because they took too long to get me my room when they told me they had a Rush on the room since I took thier offer for a room upgrade.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!