“Stunning Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brisbane
“Stunning Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Vdara a month after it opened. It was immaculate. We had a great view of the strip and the fountain in front of Bellagio. The gym had some of the best equipment I have seen in my life. The pool was great and Sunday afternoons there was a big pool party complete with DJ. We got a good deal cause my mum was working an affiliated hotel at the time so I am not sure about value but if you just want somewhere lush to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the strip for a great view of everything that's going on down there.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,786)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were recently at Las Vegas for 5 days on our holiday from Australia.
We LOVED our stay at Vdara.
We both are non-smokers, and non-gamblers, which made us consider Vdara in the first place.
The room was spotless clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very roomy indeed. We loved the idea of our little sitting area and the computer nook. Kitchen was equipped with anything we wanted. Downstairs at the Deli, you can buy anything you like - eg frozen pizza. Take it to your room to heat up for a midnight snack before bed. lol

We never used the pool, as it was rather cold. We did order a meal from the bar, and it was great. BUT - twice we were left waiting for food. Everyone else was getting their food, but ours was left behind. However, on the 2nd night this happened hubby complained to the manager, and they provided room service promptly with a fresh meal. So a great redemption made.

The trams between the Vdara/Bellagio - Aria/Crystals - Monte Carlo, were great. Made getting around easier.
We had great service from Jenna at check in and the lovely lady on the Concierge Desk who helped us with our Show Tickets. Very friendly.

Our room had a spectacular view of the Bellagio Fountains, and of the Paris Casino.
We were on level 27.
Excellent view
Excellent room

Would we recommend it: YES. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Never heard of this hotel before but it was offered as part of a package and the rooms looked nice from the website. Hotel and accommodations were exactly as pictured and were not a disappointment in any way. Hotel was clean and new, the room had a great panoramic view, excellent bed and pristine bathroom. Hotel staff were professional, courteous, and efficient. Great location just off the strip with quick access to Bellagio and tram. Overall one of the best hotel experiences I have had in Vegas. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at Vdara before and because of the great experience I decided to stay here again. I originally reserved a panoramic suite, but when we arrived, they upgraded us to a Penthouse, which was an unexpected and wonderful surprise. As before, the staff was friendly, helpful and really seem to want to give 110% toward satisfying our every need.
Before we arrived, I made arrangements to have flowers and champagne waiting in our room for my wife and I was a little worried if they would be there or be in good condition, but they were spot on perfect! Vdara has won me over and will be my first choice any time I visit Las Vegas!
Thank you Vdara Staff and Management for making my 40th birthday and our escape from the kids weekend an absolutely fantastic experience!

Room Tip: Higher up north-northeast facing rooms will give you the best view of the strip and the Bellagio fou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Sean L, thanks for writing about your recent stay with us at Vdara. We are thrilled you chose to stay with us again and especially since it was such a special occasion! Happy Birthday! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Patricia
Manager
Modesto, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I love staying at the Vdara. It's only a short walk to the strip. I wish it had dining, other than the market but I am willing to sacrifice that for the quietness and peace, along with the incredible way it smells there because there is NO SMOKING! That is very important to me as I have allergies. Just wish there wasn't a resort fee tacked on. The first time I stayed there they had given a credit for dining at the Aria. That was a nice thing so I didn't care that I had to pay the resort fee. It was nearly a wash. This visit there was no dining credit offered so I did not enjoy paying the resort fee! LOVE THE WAY IT SMELLS THERE. WISH I COULD TAKE THAT SMELL HOME WITH ME..... The housekeeping staff is probably the friendliest that I have ever encountered. I come twice a year for business as a furniture buyer and I am always greated so nicely by the staff. I LOVE STAYING AT THE VDARA. Thank you for caring about your customers. See you in 6 months.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hull, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I LOVE that you can arrive at this hotel, walk through the lobby and up to your room and never see / hear the casino! that's SO nice in Las Vegas. I don't even know if there was a casino at this hotel - I believe there was but I never saw it - To me, that is a very positive thing - It was a touch of class. The rooms are very modern, very comfortable and very clean. There are kitchenettes but no plates or silverware or glasses (if you want those you have to order them from housekeeping.. FYI) - also - NO coffee makers.. This was a real problem for me because I came in from the East Coast - so at 3 o'clock in the morning when I needed coffee, there was none - and the cafe / coffee shop didn't open until 6. The result of this all is that there is a huge crowd/line for coffee in the mornings - this is a REAL drag on the quality of such a nice hotel. I did call housekeeping and asked them to bring me a coffee maker but was told it was not a service they provided (which surprised me, because they do have kitchenettes) That's my only negative comment about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Vdara is a great place to stay in Vegas if you are looking for a quiet upscale atmosphere, and only a quick 5 minute walk to Aria if you want the casino environment.

Great lobby bar with fantastic food and drink options. Very clean and friendly, and I love that it is smoke-free --- almost impossible to find in Vegas.

Very quiet rooms with plenty of space. Nicely designed with modern art.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!