“Excellent apartment hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent apartment hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Luxurious suites with kitchenette, quiet lobby without casinos, good access to Bellagio and Aria, convenient rates. Only little irritant the long wait for a valet parking, would be much more convenient if people who wish it could self park their car.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel rooms are superb, we had a panoramic suite and the view was great - 270 degrees. The market cafe offers fabulous value for food and wine. Location is extremely close to the strip, Aria, planet Hollywood and cosmopolitan.
Tis is our second stay and will visit again.

No Casino,, which we like.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Vdara. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. We loved the updated decor. We have stayed at the Aria in the past, but we'll be staying at the Vdara in the future. It's a short walk to the Aria for the restaurants and gambling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was looking for a quiet, relaxing, retreat-type vacation, but with access to amenities such as nice restaurants & shopping if I decided to try them. I also wanted to be in a place where traveling alone would be safe, and I was looking for something reasonably priced, as well as very luxurious. I found all of that & more at the Vdara Hotel and Spa in Las Vegas. This place is a retreat if you want it to be, but has all the amenities of the big city if you're looking for that. There is no casino on site & it is all non-smoking (a big plus for me). Casinos are within easy walking distance, & I never waited more than 30 seconds for a taxi when needed.
I had a Vdara Suite since I wanted a washer, dryer & full kitchen. I made use of it all, so it was well worth the small extra charge. I purchased laundry soap & dryer sheets; the hotel provided dish soap. The appliances were great-Keurig coffee maker & K-cups, full-sized fridge (with freezer), combination microwave/convection oven, four-burner stove top, & small dishwasher. I asked for and immediately received dishes, pans, and cutlery for two, which was plenty for the small amount of cooking (mainly reheating) I did. The bathroom was heavenly-had a great view from the soaker tub, a separate shower & double vanity.
I used the Spa almost every day, and found the staff and facilities to be wonderful. Some reviews described the spa as light and airy. This concerned me a bit because I hoped for a very subdued (darkish) and relaxing atmosphere. I need not have worried. Although the spa is well lit, it is also quiet, peaceful and very relaxing. The women's area has a steam room, dry sauna, and whirlpool (swimsuit optional), as well as a quite area for relaxing before & after using the facilities. Snacks, ice water, hot tea, lockers, robes, slippers, & towels are provided. The showers are clean & stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, wash cloth, and disposable razor. The locker area has everything from hair dryers to body lotion. If you want to apply makeup after your spa experience, bring your own, but everything else is there. The services (massage, body treatments, waxing, etc...) are pricey, but worth every penny. The staff are experts; the treatment rooms have perfectly subdued lighting, soft linens, ultra-comfortable tables (more like beds), & soothing music.
Room service food was very good, prices not too bad, service top notch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
St Johns, FL USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I loved this hotel and would go back again. The fact that the whole hotel is non-smoking was a HUGE plus since she is allergic. The corner suite we stayed in was unbelievable! We had a view of the Bellagio fountains and the entire strip.

Two big thumbs up!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Again this is our yearly staycation in Las Vegas. We do this as a gift to ourselves for Christmas. One night in a hotel, a fine dinner and a show. The hotel is beautiful and with a minimalist design. We upgraded to a suite at check in. I will list my complaints (minimal) and then my high points. Upon entering the room, we had a problem turning the lights on. Luckily, we had a delivery from room service and he told us about the master switch at the entryway. This should have been posted on the switches inside the room. The suite beautifully appointed with dark woods and chrome. It has electric open and close draperies with blackout blinds behind the decorative drapes. Unfortunately, they did not think to put them in tracks to block ALL the sunlight. Our room faced the east, which meant as the sun rose the next morning our room brightened. The bath was again beautiful but the minimalist design faulted in the fact there was very little vanity space. When we stay places, we usually go out to eat and/or see shows. My wife likes to clean up and get set to go out by doing the whole make up and hair thing. She found that difficult, as there was very little counter space to put stuff. There should have been two trashcans in the bathroom area, one in the WC and one under the sinks. There was one in the WC. The shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles are small with thick sides making it nigh impossible to get the product out. There were two robes and two pairs of slippers but they were gender oriented. One robe was a lot shorter than the other was. The slippers were also gender oriented instead of the typical one size fits all. There should be a restaurant of some kind in this hotel although the rooms have all the amenities of a full kitchen. We do not necessarily cook when we are staying in a hotel. We had to make the trek to the Aria for dinner. (we also saw the show there). On the high side now, this is a beautiful property as I mentioned before. We did not use the spa or pool but they looked wonderful and if you plan to use those amenities stay here. The televisions both worked great and had sleep timers. (my pet peeve). The staff was cordial and very accommodating. Everyone smiled. Check in was very quick even though it looked busy they were on top of it. If you want a quiet room tucked away from, noise and bustle stay here. This is a non-smoking, no casino hotel. Also, note that they do not offer any Strip views. Families and couples will do great here. They did have a snack bar and they touted a store but we never got to see it. I give it four stars.

Room Tip: I suggest a room on the west side with windows facing away from the east.(avoiding the early morning...