“Love this hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Quezon City, Philippines
“Love this hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights and it was a perfect venue for a conference - near great shopping and entertainment places. Food served throughout the week was perfect. Had breakfast, lunch and dinner for most part of the week and I didn't find any of the food lacking in flavor, variety and presentation. The suites were very spacious and had all the amenities we needed! Even had a washing machine and dryer! It also had a complete kitchen! We had a walk in closet and the bathroom was very nice. Only thing I noticed that was lacking was a coat closet. Wifi was a challenge sometimes as I kept getting disconnected if I stopped using the Internet for some time. Had a corner suite so the view was fine. One thing that bothered me was that housekeeping kept changing our towels despite us leaving them hanging and not in the bath tub - there were instructions on what we needed to do if we were to want to get the towels changed and since I didn't want them changed daily to help the environment, I did as instructed... But still, everyday we had fresh bath, hand and face towels. Didn't get the chance to leave instructions though. Bell service also took a while to come up and help with my luggage when I had to leave at 430am. Even when I said I was running late for my 6am flight, there was no sense of urgency.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First apologies for this review being so out of date,but hopefully still relevant .My wife and I stayed here as Vegas virgins March 2011 for my 40th birthday.As we have booked for Xmas this year thought it was high time I let everyone know what a superb hotel this truly is.By vegas standards it is tiny,a small lobby and bar at the entrance.But and it is a big but,the rooms are amazing,the location is great,you can access it straight through the bellagio . Ok the views are not over the strip but service,location and 5 star rooms more than make up for this.We welcomed this sanctuary of calm in a truly crazy city.We left the Cosmopolitan casino one night and my Wife said isn't it light this evening! I replied it is 6 o'clock in the morning,proper all night crazy place! Go you will not be disappointed .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
den-rick71, thanks for writing a review about your stay with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed our non-gaming accommodations. Sounds like you had fun enjoying our spacious suites along with all the action Vegas has to offer. We hope you come back soon!

Patricia
Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is fabulous. Excellent rooms (yes admittedly the working of the lights is a little odd), gorgeous bathrooms and great pool and bar area. I'm a non-smoker so not having a casino in the hotel was a bonus and the Bellagio is right next door anyway.

I have seen other reviewers comment that the hotel is far from everything but all hotels are far away from each other In Vegas, purely as the walkways make you walk through all the casinos! Whilst this is not on the strip itself it is practically attached to the Bellagio so you are right there.

I've been to Vegas twice, staying the first time at the MGM and this was far supierior to that and for less money! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Vegas.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I satyed there for one night in September 2012. I asked for a room on a high floor, and this request was honored. Although you cannot see much of the Strip from Vdara, the view from the 22nd floor was worthwhile asking for it. The room, kitchen (you have to ask for cookware, which will be delivered to you free of charge) and bathroom are all ultra modern luxury. Well equipped fitness room - included, but they charge a separate resort fee. They offer self-checkout using TV, and the stay could have been an impeccable experience, but self-checkout showed one charge which I wanted to dispute (they cancelled it later no questions asked). Trying to resolve this by phone was not possible since the front desk would simply not answer. So I had to wait in line for some 20 minutes (in addition to the attempt to resolve this by phone) and check-out in person.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Tucked right at the back of the City Center the development the owners must have figured they'd need something really special to get folks to get to this hotel - so they didn't bother. No gaming, no smoking could be seen as plus points, no restaurants or entertainment are negatives.

It is as if they got half way through the build and gave up (or more likely run out of money). A suite hotel with a kitchen - but no utensils and in typical Vegas fashion no tea or coffee making facilities. It get's part of the clever room automation system from the Aria but this is only halfway there too. This means its not possible to switch off the room lights from your bedside and the drape control is in the middle of the room. Things that were supposed to be convenient just aren't. Trying to add a dimmer to a light that can't be dimmed in the bathroom just causes it to flicker madly - they must get complaints on this.

In the lobby there is the Silk Road - sounds like a restaurant, space looks like a restaurant but it is a 'free form meeting room'. Just odd again. Apart from the Cafe you have to walk to the Aria or beyond for restaurants.

Pool is tiny and would be really frustrating if lounging by it was what you had come for. Crowded in November what it would be like in high season I can only guess.

Don't get me wrong the rooms are good size, nicely furnished and the staff were helpful.

It just seems to be marooned in a sea of normal in the ocean of fantastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Worst customer service from a high-end hotel I have ever had. We spent over $1500 booking rooms and shows with them for our parents as an anniversary gift. We wanted to call and talk to my parents to see how they were liking their trip. I had to call from work as my cell-phone died. I am not allowed to make long-distance calls at work so I used their toll-free line to their general connection line. They wouldn't connect me to their room using their toll-free line. They would only let me if I called back using the local line, meaning I would have to pay long distance. This was ridiculous as both lines were listed on the website as a general service line. They showed little sympathy for my situation. Will never book wtih MGM grand hotels again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear jennychen56,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with our operators in getting connected to your parent's room. This is certainly not indicative of the high quality customer service and standard we strive to provide at Vdara. Our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to discuss your concerns. We value your patronage and we assure you that we will continually strive to improve our services and hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Best regards,

Lisette Hairston
Vdara Guest Relations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location and hotel. Was originally to stay in Aria but ended up with a room in the Vdara based on a mistake my company made. This ended up benefiting me! The Vdara was close to everything I needed to do but without the hassels of having to go through a Casino to get to my room... no smoke. The service was outstanding and the room was great and spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!