“Oasis of calm” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Oasis of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week's stay at the Vdara. We splashed out on a corner suite, unfortunately we did not get our city view but we did get a spectacular desert view with beautiful sunsets. This hotel has very helpful staff. Very efficient security (they check you have a room key before you are allowed to enter the elevator area so there are no non residents wandering about late at night), and cheerful and efficient bar staff, bell hop staff and business centre staff. All in all a very relaxing and pleasant stay. If you want a great hotel sans casino I would recommend. There is a 15 minute amble to the strip via the Bellagio but that is no hardship, you get to look around the shops and chocolate fountain on the way. We did not use the spa facilities but has a wonderful swimming pool, we over looked it from the 19th floor!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are as large as an apartment with excellent facilities The views are wonderful.. What...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,797)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
North Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on April 27 and 28th. Check in took about 10 min and considering we arrived at 12:30pm and check in is not till 4pm this was great! The rooms are as new and modern as you will get in Vegas. Similar rooms would be at Aria and Cosmo, very large and state of the art with technology. We had a full kitchen and the bathroom was huge and beautiful. There is no casino in this hotel but you can be in the casino of Bellagio or Aria within a few minutes walk. There is a cafe and a bar, and full 24 hour room service. We spent allot of time by the very nice pool, where you will get sun all day long. I have been to Vegas many times and have stayed almost everywhere, this is my 2nd choice next to the Cosmo for my next trip back. If you are into a non smoking non casino resort, check out Vdara, you will love it!

Room Tip: You can ask for an upgrade to a view of the Bellagio fountains and the corner suites actually have a...
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

First time to Vegas, really did not know where to stay. As my son has been here a few times he suggested we stay here at the Vadara hotel. Excellent choice. We were a 4 or 5 minute walk to the main strip, which was great because it is smack in the middle of it all. Hotel is very clean very sofisticated but also very modern. Great pool setting, not that we spent much time here! To much to do! Rooms are beautiful, very spacious, like having an apartment. We like it because all rooms have kitchenettes in them! Husband liked the dual flat screens on both the living room wall and the bedroom! Can make your own coffee first thing in morning, can also have some drinks as there is a fridge. Beds are just toooooo comfy, fantastic! We also liked the hotel because there is no casino and no smoking! Very clean! You can walk 5 minutes to any casino! You might want to take your time getting to the hotel as you WILL NOT BE checked in till 3 or 4! Or just be prepared to wait, that was the only draw back, but they will hold your bags for you, we were a little reluctant to do so but was perfectly fine. Went and had lunch & drinks by the pool, which was also fantastic, had the salmon, yummy! All in all very nice, will stay again!! Thanks Vadara.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high room with a view of the bellagio water falls, amazing at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently stayed here when in Vegas and have to say it was a great hotel. It is new to Vegas so its very modern and stylish. The rooms are also very big and have everything you need. There was 3 of us in the room and we could have fitted a few more. The best thing about this hotel was it is a non-gaming and non-smoking hotel, I know everyone goes to Vegas for the casinos but when they are on every corner it is nice to go somewhere and escape the DING DING DING. The Vdara also has an amazing spa which i would highly recommend to anyone who stays there. Location wise this hotel is very central and it only takes a few minutes to get onto the strip. We found a lot of great deals for this hotel so make sure to shop around before booking and you will definitely find a better price.

Room Tip: We got the deluxe suite. Hugh bed, kitchen and the bathroom was big too great if there is more than...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Westminster, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed here on April 20 thru 22, 2012. I wanted to like this hotel since it has the modern appeal, but that's pretty much the only thing it’s got going for it is the looks... I stayed at the 2 bedroom Hospitality suite with a group of friends for my weekend party. The biggest room they offered. Everyone liked the suite and the size is about 1600 sq ft for $800/nt. The view was nice we were facing Mandalay Bay and the I-15 freeway.

The problem was with the front desk/staff they were absolutely horrible. I had called a day in advance to tell them I will be there the next evening so save me the corner Hospitality suite. The girl tells me sure we could that for you... I got there Friday evening to check-in the Front Desk guy Anthony (this is a shout out for you) was rude and did not greet any of the guests. I walked up to him and I said 'hi' he couldn't even squeeze a hello or a smile or anything. Someone must've rolled off the wrong side of the bed this morning. I told him I called and requested for a corner Hospitality suite, without checking his computer he gave me a quick answer no. I was like, what's the point of calling in and making a request if you guys don't even care for it? I'm not even asking for an upgrade this is more of a lateral move from one Hospitality suite to another. I did not want to start my stay here haggling with this guy, so I asked for my keys and moved on.

So my group and I got the room and we found out that they we needed an extra rollaway bed so that a couple of the guys won't need to sleep on the floor. I called the housekeeping, they forwarded to front desk, and front desk guy says they don't have any roll away beds. Wow, I'm astonished by what they told me. I asked him seriously in a new facility this big and you don't even have a single rollaway bed? I asked to speak with the manager; with a little talk they finally dropped off a roll away bed which they told me they have none... it was like pulling someone arm. I was beginning to think what kind of Hospitality these guys are really offering. More like lame excuses/poor service and zero hospitality.

These were actually the minor issues we had the real problems are to come next...

The lobby is tiny compared to the other nearby hotels i.e. Aria, Cosmo, and Mandarin, and not to mention the Vdara was very difficult to get to by foot or by car. By car you would really have to slow down or stop your car to look for a single sign that points you to a single lane ramp that takes you to the front of the Vdara. By foot some of the sidewalks are closed off and you have to walk through the Cosmo casino to get back to Vdara from the strip. So either way by foot or by car it is actually difficult to get to Vdara. Seems like an engineering blunder when they attempted to link Vdara to the Las Vegas Strip.

Vdara staff/house cleaning STOLE $500 from our room. I reported this to their front desk, security, and risk management, all were quick to make excuses and give me the run around. No one cooperated. The front desk girl Kelli even refused to give me her hotel manager’s name and refused to let me talk to her..... She wouldn't even let me talk to her assistant manager! She kept me on the phone for an hour and nothing came out of it..... just more frustration. The theft was reported on Monday 4/23/2012, I waited a week they did nothing and they found nothing. I told security just check who entered my room on 4/20/2012 between 11pm - 2am. They have surveillance and an advanced key card system. Yet they did absolutely nothing to help out.

I live in California; I go to Vegas often like 3 times a year often in various different hotels casinos going on 11 years now. Never, have I had this many problems with a single hotel. This is by far the first of all-times low in overall Vegas experience.

The LAST problem was they over charged my credit card; they charged $1050 when the rate was $800 with their lousy Resort Fees and taxes. I had to call and tell them to correct the issue complained some more. This was corrected 2 days later. As you could imagine, I had enough of Vdara - they STEAL, they LIE, they FAIL.

Room Tip: Lock up your valuables or they might steal from you.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I recently stayed there for business an pleasure for 9 nights. Vdara appears to be a condo conversion into a hotel. There is no dining to speak of, small bar, small pool, no entertainment, no casino and a walk, tram, or taxi ride to get to anywhere.

The rooms are very well appointed with all the amenities (ask for a coffee maker if you don't have one). Ask for pots and pans if you want to cook (who the heck cooks in Vegas?). The bed was very comfortable. The tub was great for soaking in after a long hard day at the trade show.

The workout facilities were very nice and had the right mix of equipment.

The cafe downstairs is small and has limited options. They are overwhelmed in the mornings with all the guests wanting to get coffee or a muffin. Lines go out the door and could take as long as 20 minutes. The closest real restaurant is across the street at Aria. Be prepared to wait for a table. They are incredibly slow and understaffed even though more than 50% of the tables are empty. Do yourself a favor and if you eat at Aria go to the buffet (can't believe I just said that) it is very good.

The pool is over crowded and then you have to contend with the Death Ray. The Death Ray is caused by the curvature of the building reflecting the sunlight in a high intensity beam that slowly sweeps back and forth across the pool area throughout the day. You can literally get burned and you can watch peoples sandals curl from the intense heat. They also close the pool when it gets windy because they can't put the umbrellas down (see picture) or you'll get scorched. They will NOT provide reciprocal pool privileges at Aria when they do this. Poor choice on their part.

If you don't want a casino atmosphere, this is the place for you. Actually, very little of any atmosphere here despite nice decorating. The smell that permeates the facility is like cut grass. Very similar to the bath products that they supply. It tends to be a bit obnoxious.

The stay was pleasant, but when you can't go for a quick bite to eat or get a drink at the limited bar that closes at 1am (Vegas HELLO!) or go to the pool because the wind is between 10 and 15 mph then it is time to consider staying somewhere else.

I know I won't be back.

Room Tip: High floors to reduce the noise and improve the view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We just returned from an 8 day stay at Vdara and were absolutely blown away by how tranquil and relaxing it was!

We arrived at about 1pm on a Friday and while there was a line at the check-in desk (hello - it's Friday), it moved along in a timely manner. We were booked into an executive corner suite and when we inquired about the location, we were told it was on the 8th floor, overlooking Aria. We asked if there was an option to face the Bellagio fountains, which there was, but the room would be the standard corner suite, which would have one bathroom as opposed to two. We were absolutely fine with this and were assigned to a room on the 28th floor.

Upon entering the room, we were extremely pleased with the view, as well as the overall layout. The bathroom was huge, with a double sink vanity, as well as another full length vanity, including two large drawers. There was the soaker tub and a very nice shower from which you could see the Bellagio fountains! In some reviews I read, poor water pressure was mentioned but we didn't experience this. I wouldn't say it was full blast but it was more than adequate. In my opinion, the only downfall was the lack of door, closing off the toilet area.

As many people stated the bed was soooooo comfortable! Vegas has a way of wearing one out and we appreciated the restful sleep. While most hotels do have the blackout drapes, the windows are covered with sets of roman shades with blackout shades behind them. Light does peek in between the panels but we took a nap every afternoon - no problem.

We loved having the full kitchen for the refrigerator and microwave alone. Cooking is the last thing I'd do on vacation but it was nice to be able to bring a 'to go' box from the restaurants and reheat the leftovers. We did request plates and silverware which they replaced as we used them. I can see why they don't stock the kitchen with dishes etc., as the hotel is 'green' and each and every dish would need to be washed upon check-out, used or not. This would mean an incredible waste of water. Housekeeping is requested by the simple press of a button and we returned to an impeccably clean room each day.

We used the workout facility numerous times and the pictures on the website don't do it justice. It's much larger and well equipped than it appears! Also, extremely clean.

The pool area was very nice and the staff outstanding. They were continually removing towels from chairs as people left and very helpful with finding a place to sit. There's an outdoor bar and cafe and while the food was a bit spendy, it's very high quality! We had the best burger. The only negative was that the water tempurature of the pool itself was a bit warm. It was however, very clean.

We visited the cafe off the main lobby to grab some juice and there was no line. We did notice that it was often busy though. With that said, you can walk to the Aria in a matter of moments and there are lots of restaurants there. We never did patronize the lobby bar but it was always bustling with people.

Many people have commented on the walk to the strip and we found it to be by Vegas standards, very short. The fastest way, is out the front door, down the elevator and into the Cosmopolitan, which is about 100 yards in distance. There's a crosswalk and sidewalk so not sure what some people complained about. If you ask a staff member, they'll direct you through Bellagio or Aria, because they're MGM properties but it's a bit longer. We took the tram to Monte Carlo to eat at Diablo's and it literally comes every two minutes or so.

Parking is valet only but they're extremely fast. We rented a car, in order to visit Hoover Dam but didn't use it every day.

We have stayed at the Cosmopolitan, Aria, Luxor, The Hotel at Mandalay, Paris, Bellagio, Mirage, Treasure Island and the Monte Carlo and by far, Vdara is our new favorite! We enjoy late nights of dining and gaming and it was wonderful to return to such a peaceful, clean place. We can't wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: We were told that our room type is what they call the 24 series. It's in the corner on each flo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!