“Love the non-smoking!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vermilion, Canada
“Love the non-smoking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights near the end of August for a belated honeymoon, and if we come back to Vegas, we will definitely stay here again! This was his first time to Vegas and my second.

We LOVED the non-smoking atmosphere, and stayed in a fabulous room overlooking the Bellagio fountains. We actually enjoyed the fact that there was no casino in this property, as it gave us a chance to get out and move a bit. Each morning I went down to the pool and lounged/swam/enjoyed a book, while my husband joined a poker game at the Aria (sister hotel) across the road/circle driveway. The pool at the Vdara was great, and service there was fairly good, though one day I did have to wait because only one waitress was working. All of the other days there were two or three servers walking around. I did enjoy an egg scrambler dish from the pool menu, and sat at the tables nearby; this meal was excellent, and I would have eaten from this menu more often if I didn't have a free brunch each day. I found that it was easy to find a lounger in a good spot, and there was plenty of sun to soak up. I did find that the rays would reflect off the hotel windows, and at one point I had to move because it got too hot! The pool deck also burned my feet when I walked to the steps to cool off in the water, but I guess that's what you get in the desert during the hottest week of the year! We then had a late brunch each day at the Aria buffet, which was included with our room at the Vdara, and was EXCELLENT food. I do wish there was a buffet in the Vdara, but the Aria is also lovely and just a very short walk away, so it was a minor inconvenience.

We didn't use the bar in our hotel as we had plans each evening and it just didn't work out for us to drink there, but I did access the room service menu late one evening for a delicious pasta dish. We also loved the tram (accessible from the back of the property) as we had friends staying at NY NY, and the tram got us much closer to them for the few times we met up.

TIP: If you want to learn how to play craps, go across the road to the Aria and ask for Nic; she is amazing and walked me through the game step by step...I even won a little over $300 my first time playing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Bellagio fountains!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is a no gambling hotel so if you were planning on gambling where you stay this isn't the place for you. It's also a non smoking hotel. I love the room here! We had a corner suite and it was like having a one bedroom condo in a high rise. It had a small dining table, living room, nice bedroom and a fantastic bathroom. It had a nice little kitchen and although we didn't really use it to cook I liked that we had a full size fridge to put drinks in. It even had a washer and dryer. The views were fantastic.

The advantages: smoke free!! Large room and large bathroom, kitchen, washer/dryer (even though we didn't use it, it's nice to have if you have an extended stay), great views

Disadvantage: Check in took a long time, no self park, not much choices for dining on the property

Room Tip: Pick a corner suite for a room with a great view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

Everything you expect from Vegas and more

It's the centre of the universe for Vegas right now. Reasonable rates and rooms are great

Wish it includes Breakfast but I can overlook...

• Stayed December 2011
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Recent hotel stay, the evening of November 25 th:

My wife, son, daughter in law, and myself had driven from Los Angeles to celebrate my birthday.

I had requested that the sofa bed be made up; we returned very late, did find that the bed appeared to be ready for sleeping, and my son and daughter in law used it. When they woke up the following morning, they realized they had been sleeping on coil springs that were covered and were very sore.

At checkout, I advised the desk of this matter and the response was that there were mattress pads available from housekeeping, had I requested it. I replied that housekeeping did make up the bed..
i completed a follow up survey, and given the nature of the problem, the hotels response was unacceptable, saying they wer sorry the bed was not " to my liking". Insincere and disingenuous.
Tthis experience has left us with "sore feelings" with regards to future stays or recommending the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Bring your own air mattress if you plan on using the sofa bed
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

This was our first time in Vegas and we really enjoyed our hotel. The pool was amazing (but drinks can be very expensive around the pool area - but you have to expect that - you're in Vegas!)

We were really happy with the fact the hotel doesn't have a casino (it gives you a break from the craziness of the city).

The room was outstanding - we couldn't ask for anything more. We did the Maverick helicopter tour, saw O from Cirque du Soleil and the Celine Dion show - we had a blast.

If we ever return to Vegas... we'll definitely consider returning to this hotel if the price is right!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Monte Rio, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Vdara offers a great value, chic and modern with well-appointed suites, central location and easy access to Bellagio casino, plus the added bonus of the sky tram. As much chic as it is, is still not quite 5 stars, so if you're looking for a more luxurious, pampering experience, you may want to look further. The bed was uber comfortable, and it was great having a living room, kitchen and full vanity in the room. Very spacious corner suite. The view from our room 52006 on the 52nd floor was spectacular and offered a 180 degrees of neighboring hotels up the strip, mountains to the west, and directly above the Bellagio fountain which lit up at night - just spectacular. For exploring, this is a great location being central on the strip. The only issue we had at all was with the service. My dad dropped us off in his car, and while 5 bell hops stood talking to each other 20 feet away in front of the hotel - NOT ONE OF THEM even looked up to see if we needed any help unloading or transporting our luggage. This was a major faux pas. The front desk staff were equally lacking in welcoming warmth and under-attentiveness, and they neither informed us about our room amenities, the application of our $50 daily credit, early pool closure, etc..., nor welcomed us to the Vdara. The were short, curt and bored. Upon check out, they were in the same form, and when I asked for a print out of the credit we were given of $50/day, I had to ask several time for proof. Her response was that "I made the charges, so shouldn't I be able to recognize that the credit was applied?" Shocking really. We called for several things to be fixed in the room (blinds wouldn't close, broken TV remote) but no one ever came. When I called to locate a price list for the mini bar, I was told to look in the wrong place. Basically, the feeling that this is a new hotel with not-so-well-informed staff was apparent. [Due to poor customer service I received, I may think twice about staying here again.] But, if you are looking for a good value, clean hotel without the crowds, smoke and loud noises of night clubs keeping you up until early morning hours, the Vdara will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Choose high corner suite and request a view of the Bellagio fountains for a special treat. 52nd floo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

With all the places to stay in Vegas, i decided to stay at the Vdara b/c it looks so nice and the price was great. From the moment I arrived the girl at the reception desk was so sweet and put me in a room on the 51st floor that overlooked the Bellagio water show. The atmosphere in the hotel was great. From reception you walk directly to your elevator and do not have to drag all your luggage through a casino, I love that feature of this hotel. The room was very roomy with a kitchenette, little sitting area, 2 flat screens, nice bathroom and very comfy beds. The gym was nice and included in my price as was wireless internet. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Vdara Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!