“Hot Springs in a Cool little Canyon” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #177 of 267 Attractions in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
46 attraction reviews
“Hot Springs in a Cool little Canyon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Arizona Hot Springs is “cool” place to visit, whether it be at the end of a 3 mile hike down to the river from The White Rock Canyon trail-head on Hwy 93, or by arriving by way of the river and hiking about half a mile up the next canyon downstream from White Rock Canyon.

You know you are there when you arrive at the firmly fixed metal ladder up to the first of the hot pools.

I have done this several times both ways – the latest only on June 25th 2013 (my birthday) and either way is fine. The hike is harder on the legs going back up White Canyon, especially if it’s hot – the boat rental is more expensive! I treat myself this time, and rented a boat for the day at Willow Beach Marina.

The more flimsy aluminum ladder to the pools has now been replaced by a new, more solid steel ladder, firmly bolted to the little cliff near the outflow. It can be slippery, so watch your footing.

On my previous visits, the three separate pools were each a little hotter as you moved the short distance up-stream from the last one. But on my most recent visit, only one pool – the one at the head of the ladder, had any water in at all. This one is quite hot but not very deep, only six to 8 inches I would guess.

Our party made the best of it, but when another four people showed up led by a guide, he told us that this drop in the water level had only occurred within the last week, as he was up here a week ago and all three pools had much more water.
He blamed drunken young campers the previous weekend who he thought had removed the top few layers of gravel filled sacks that govern the depth of the pools. He then began to hand fill a few of these sacks that were to be found strew about the foot of the ladder. Sure evidence of vandalism!

He will require help to get thinks back to normal – and was quite mad about it, and I don’t blame him. Sad really, but we didn’t let this spoil our experience.

Visited June 2013

colorado
39 attraction reviews
“gota work for this one but worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hike is quite amazing. Its not just walking down to the colo river from hwy 93. Its the wash area trail with beautiful rocks, lizards and birds. Then for the finale, you get a hot soak in the springs. Remember: dont submerge your head due to the bugs that could make you sick. I just got my legs wet because my daughter said it caused a kidney infection upon the last vist (Thermophiles are heat-loving bacteria that can live in extreme heat, such as in the hot springs). There are some hippy types that camp out and do the nude dance in the water but one can go up stream to get away to another pool area. You thought the walk was long going down to the springs...hopefully you have prepared to go UP on the way back with plenty of water. I brought a bottle and didnt touch it until returning and paced myself so I would have a slip now and then. By the time I was half way, my mind was dreaming of water, pepsi and 7-ups. Warning!! This hike will NOT be do-able in the summer(120 degrees)! Most dont know of this place unless they come on boats and only hike a quarter of a mile to the springs so hikers down the wash will walk in quiet. Make time to replentish in Boulder City historic area. hers a perfect wine bar called Milo's.....

Visited March 2013
Logandale, Nevada
13 attraction reviews
“We did the hike down to the springs. A great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

You can access these hot springs from the river but this time we hiked down the White Rock Canyon Trail from US Highway 93. (just about 4 miles south over Hoover Dam). The hike was very enjoyable. We hiked at a pretty good pace and made it to the river in about 1.5 hours. We had a picnic on the beach next to the river a soaked up the 65deg March sun. Once you get to the river, you make a left to a canyon about 1/4 of mile away and go up to the springs. There were quite a few people there but it was still fun.
This is a great family activity but I would not bring any kids under 8 or 9 on the hike.
BRING LOTS OF WATER ANY TIME OF THE YEAR AND DRINK IT.
I WOULD NOT HIKE THIS IN THE SUMMER

Visited March 2013
Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“Arizona Hot Springs/Black Canyon and so much more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

For the more adventurous, contact one of the many outfitters to run Black Canyon in a kayak or canoe. We utilized Desert River Outfitters out of Bullhead City (1-888-kayak-33) this past weekend. Great guides and they took us to the put-in and were prompt with our pickup at Willow Beach.
Kayaking the Black Canyon has awesome hot springs, sauna cave, petroglyphs, multiple hikes and excellent paddling. This can be done in one day but an overnight camp allows you to do more of the hikes that are available.
I highly recommend this trip in the fall and/or spring as summer temps can be quite warm in the desert and the hot springs are better enjoyed. I have personally been there in March, July, Sept. & have plans to go again the end of October. :)
You must have a permit purchased to put-in at the Hoover Dam ($17) plus the additional fee for transportation from Hacienda, Willow Beach or other locations depending on your outfitter ranging from $35 - $100.
I hope to ad a couple pictures to this at a later date. I highly recommend this paddling excursion.

Visited September 2012