“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Absolutely out of this world!! Me and my new husband loved this hotel. So calm and relaxing and the staff are just lovely. My partner and I are not used to this type of luxury so did not know how we would feel or be made to feel when we arrived but the staff are just faultless we felt at ease the whole time.The pool area is just amazing and the spa... Well I have never been to one like it!! I fell asleep in the waiting area on a heated stone bed before my treatment which was a full body massage, it was the most relaxed I had felt my whole honeymoon.
Great place to stay if you want a mix of the crazy (from the strip) and a place where you can escape it all. Perfect for newly weds or couples. The room we stayed in was a 'deluxe double strip view room'. The curtains, lights, TV, air con could all be controlled by a remote as you lay in your bed!! And the bed is the comfiest bed I have EVER slept in!!

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Loved, loved, loved this hotel, so uber groovy from it's quirky 23rd floor reception to it's automated rooms (so Vegas) and nice touches throughout. I haven't done that many 5 stars but this certainly rates as the best I've stayed in. Very welcoming helpful and discreet staff and fab lap pools. Stunningly boring exterior architecture (very un-Vegas) but tres chic inside with surprises everywhere but no god-damn pokies thankfully.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

It was great getting into this hotel and how much we enjoyed is beyond our comprehension. Everything was so good and well arranged. Rooms are all nice and there was no way we could choose from one another. Great hotel and great service

Room Tip: The Mandarin Oriental was really a good choice for me when in Las vegas. I cannot really comment on...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent two nights at the Mandarin Oriental after hiking in the Canyons and they have made our stay purely relaxing. We also used the Spa and had the Thai and Tao of Man massage, absolutely amazing, great experience, staff is immaculately professional and friendly. The fact, that the Mandarien Oriental doesn't have a casino, makes it a great escape from all the madness that you experience when going out at night. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Standard room is absolutely fine for a short stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I returned for our annual trip to Vegas and stayed at the MO for our fifth time. It is still as good as ever, and by far the best place to stay on the Strip if you want to avoid the mad hurly burly of the Casino hotels. It is an oasis of Eastern calm and service, yet situated right in the middle of city centre.

Room Tip: We love the strip view suites, as high as possible
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The MO was unbelievable, everything about our stay was perfect. The room was extremely well appointed with everything that opens and shuts, the bathroom was spectacular. My husband attended a conference during our stay which meant we utlised room service on a regular basis. the meals were first class and better than most restaurants we have been to. the staff were extremely courteous and attended to every detail. There was absolutely nothing to fault here apart from the fact we wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had purchased two rooms 6 months in advance for our daughter's graduation gift. Her and my husband have always wanted to go to vegas and she is unusually picky about hotels. She will literally check every website and read every review so she knew what to expect at this hotel…or so she thought. We arrived for an evening check in and were completely ignored by the staff. At check in we were not offered anything, none of the refreshments ppl claimed to get. No one even showed us to our room or explained to my husband and I that everything was controlled electronically. At the time of booking we requested to be on the highest floor possible in our room category. Instead our rooms had a view of nothing but the pool…on pool level so that we couldn't even open or shades due to privacy concerns. We spent the whole 4 days having to have a blacked out room so everyone at the pool couldn't look directly in on us. The room was fairly clean aside from stained menus and piles of dust on the beside tables and toiletry chest in the bathroom. The tub appeared clean but when looking closer the fixtures were repulsive with mildew stains. And when returning after turndown service both my daughter and I could tell that our tubs had not been properly cleaned after use….there was literally still visible dirt. I was going take take pictures of the tub fixtures and post them but my daughter convinced me not to. Our biggest concern is that unlike everyone else, no one knew our name, no one spoke to us in the hallway or even gave a slight smile. We didn't feel welcome and I suspect average looking minority tourists aren't there target demographic. Unlike everyone else there was no congratulations for our celebration, no champagne, no cupcake, and barely a hello. We were so put off by the unwelcoming vibe that we opted not to use any on sight facilities and used the hotel only for sleeping and bathing, we ate and swam next door at the Aria because in my opinion my daughter deserved the world for graduating from Medical School! we will most likely not return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mandarin O, Public Relations Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We know the importance in making a celebration special and we apologize that your experience was less than fantastic. We pride ourselves in creating memorable events and providing exceptional service. We understand that our management team has been in discussion in regards to your stay. As we stated in a private message to you, the experience described is not the high-quality of service we strive for.

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas? Share your experiences!